ADVERTISEMENT

Shameless, embarrassment Republicans taking credit for Infrastructure they voted against

And then they voted against that final version of of the bill. Most republicans here never supported the bill, at all. and for some reason you’re okay with them taking credit regardless.
Now you’re just blatantly lying about my position. I already made it clear that the people who opposed the bill simply because they didn’t want to let Biden pass an infrastructure bill are deplorable. I’m simply explaining that for some there are shades of gray and they wanted an infrastructure bill, just not that specific version of an infrastructure bill.

Why do you dipshits constantly lie about my statements?

Now you’re just blatantly lying about my position. I already made it clear that the people who opposed the bill simply because they didn’t want to let Biden pass an infrastructure bill are deplorable. I’m simply explaining that for some there are shades of gray and they wanted an infrastructure bill, just not that specific version of an infrastructure bill.

Sounds like more of a “you have shitty takes” problem.

Reactions: Joes Place

First off; drop the insults. I’ve been civil with you throughout, I expect you to do the same.

Second, I’m talking about all of them, not just the ones who were always a No - hence the use of the word “most”.

Should a football player who got cut in preseason still get a ring if that team wins the Super Bowl? We’ve got republicans here who are saying “they” are responsible for helping bring a program to their district…despite voting against it when the chips were down.

I genuinely don’t get how you circle that square.

Zach Nunn’s words. But deserves partial credit. But put him in the “don’t want to give a win to a D” camp

"First off, Iowa has made good investment in infrastructure," he said. "What we didn't do is shotgun out trillions of dollars that drove up the cost of construction material that made supply chins highly stretched in the middle of a pandemic.

"So if you want to build a home, good luck on that," he said. "There are blue states that exceeded what Iowa was going to get, and that's unfortunate. I think infrastructure is important, but so is actually helping to get people back to work."

First off; drop the insults. I’ve been civil with you throughout, I expect you to do the same.

Second, I’m talking about all of them, not just the ones who were always a No - hence the use of the word “most”.
You claimed I’m okay with the ones who never supported the bill at all even though I most definitely made it clear that I’m not.

You were being civil and I was being civil…right up to the point where you chose to blatantly lie about my statements. You can’t do that and expect civility in return.

You claimed I’m okay with the ones who never supported the bill at all even though I most definitely made it clear that I’m not.

You were being civil and I was being civil…right up to the point where you chose to blatantly lie about my statements. You can’t do that and expect civility in return.
You read into that what you will then. I do not see where I lied.

You want to be a thin-skinned a-hole, be my guest.

Reactions: Joes Place
He’s ok with hypocrites when they have an R by their name
Yet another lie. Lying seems to be an irrepressible compulsion for you guys.

When did The Squad convert to the Republican party? Because I have no issue with them taking credit for projects despite their ‘no’ votes. It’s not as if they didn’t want an infrastructure bill. They just didn’t like the one that was brought up for a vote.

Similarly, there were Republicans who very much wanted an infrastructure bill but didn’t like that particular bill. Not everyone voted no for the same reason. The world is not black and white.

It shouldn’t even be necessary to explain simple shit like this to you, but your inability to process nuanced thought dovetails quite nicely with your predilection for blatant lying.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers

When did The Squad convert to the Republican party? Because I have no issue with them taking credit for projects despite their ‘no’ votes. It’s not as if they didn’t want an infrastructure bill. They just didn’t like the one that was brought up for a vote.

Similarly, there were Republicans who very much wanted an infrastructure bill but didn’t like that particular bill. Not everyone voted no for the same reason. The world is not black and white.

It shouldn’t even be necessary to explain simple shit like this to you, but your inability to process nuanced thought dovetails quite nicely with your predilection for blatant lying.
You seem extremely confused and really have trouble explaining your bizarre takes.

You seem extremely confused and really have trouble explaining your bizarre takes.
I’m not confused at all. It just seems odd to me that you guys think there is absolutely no circumstance in which voting no for that particular bill was acceptable.

To claim that every no vote is the same is such an embarrassingly simplistic take that it actually makes sense that a couple of posters had to fall back to their default tactic of lying about my posts.

No Republican is worthy of office besides maybe a Romney/Cheney/Kiplinger's. The GOP needs to become extinct.

I’m not confused at all. It just seems odd to me that you guys think there is absolutely no circumstance in which voting no for that particular bill was acceptable.

To claim that every no vote is the same is such an embarrassingly simplistic take that it actually makes sense that a couple of posters had to fall back to their default tactic of lying about my posts.
They're free to vote 'no'.
But they are assholes for claiming they had a part in bringing the money to their communities after voting 'no'.
It's pretty simple.

Politicians have every right to vote no on a bill, what this thread is doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of taking credit for a bill that you did vote for. It seems like a simple concept to understand for most people in this thread.

It’s not that they voted no. It’s that they’re taking credit for projects enacted due to the bill that they voted no on.

Didn’t realize I had a default tactic. What else have I apparently lied about?

Reactions: EasyHawk
They're free to vote 'no'.
But they are assholes for claiming they had a part in bringing the money to their communities after voting 'no'.
It's pretty simple.

Politicians have every right to vote no on a bill, what this thread is doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of taking credit for a bill that you did vote for. It seems like a simple concept to understand for most people in this thread.

It’s not that they voted no. It’s that they’re taking credit for projects enacted due to the bill that they voted no on.

Didn’t realize I had a default tactic. What else have I apparently lied about?
I thought that part was sufficiently implied since it’s what we’ve been discussing all day. I didn’t think it was necessary to reiterate every single element of the discussion in each post.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Nothing immediately comes to mind for you personally. It’s certainly a persistent Team Blue crutch. The fact that you lied and then followed it up by lying about lying tells me you’re probably not a first-timer.
I thought that part was sufficiently implied since it’s what we’ve been discussing all day. I didn’t think it was necessary to reiterate every single element of the discussion in each post.
You’ve said you thought it was okay in some circumstances to take credit for something someone actually voted against.

Nothing immediately comes to mind for you personally. It’s certainly a persistent Team Blue crutch. The fact that you lied and then followed it up by lying about lying tells me you’re probably not a first-timer.
Or, and this is just a thought, it could be that imo you misread what I posted.

Or, and this is just a thought, it could be that imo you misread what I posted.
It’s possible that you were thinking one thing and wrote something else. But what you wrote was quite clear and what you wrote was quite clearly false.

I suppose it’s also possible that you simply didn’t know what my position actually was because you were responding to my posts without really reading them or making even a cursory attempt to understand my point. A lot of Team Blue posters do that.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
It’s possible that you were thinking one thing and wrote something else. But what you wrote was quite clear and what you wrote was quite clearly false.

I suppose it’s also possible that you simply didn’t know what my position actually was because you were responding to my posts without really reading them or making even a cursory attempt to understand my point. A lot of Team Blue posters do that.
Nice to know that it’s not possible you misconstrued what I said.

Nice to know that it’s not possible you misconstrued what I said.
What is there to misconstrue? Here’s your exact quote:

“And then they voted against that final version of of the bill. Most republicans here never supported the bill, at all. and for some reason you’re okay with them taking credit regardless.”

You clearly are claiming that I’m okay with the Republicans who took credit for projects despite never supporting the bill at all. That is most definitely false.

So explain to me what I misconstrued.

Most republicans here never supported the bill, at all. and for some reason you’re okay with them taking credit regardless.”
Most. Not all. And whether they supported at one point or not at all; you’ve indicated that you’re okay with them taking credit if at some point they ever supported the bill.

Most. Not all. And whether they supported at one point or not at all; you’ve indicated that you’re okay with them taking credit if at some point they ever supported the bill.
That’s not what you said and that’s not what I said. The way you phrased the post clearly implies that I am okay with Republicans who never supported the bill at all.

What I very clearly said is that if a representative or senator supported the idea of passing an infrastructure bill and was negotiating for the purpose of getting one passed, but voted no on that particular bill because they didn’t like that particular bill, then that is very different from someone who had no intention of passing a bill because “Fvck Joe Biden” or whatever.

Look, we obviously don’t agree on this issue. And that’s fine. Reasonable people can disagree. All I ask is that you not twist my words.

Zach Nunn’s words. But deserves partial credit. But put him in the “don’t want to give a win to a D” camp

"First off, Iowa has made good investment in infrastructure,"
No; they actually haven't.

Reactions: HROT

It's a concept a 1st grader could understand.

Not TJ!!!!

There are a lot of morons on the internet. But I don’t think I’ve ever encountered anyone who thinks so highly of himself as you do and yet so consistently demonstrates such a startling lack of any common sense.

Maybe if a fourth person says it you can just agree and the thread can die.

Maybe if a fourth person says it you can just agree and the thread can die.
JP already chimed in to claim the #4 position. Let’s see if we can get this up to 11.

mqdefault.jpg

Generalize much

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT