ADVERTISEMENT

Shameless, embarrassment Republicans taking credit for Infrastructure they voted against

And yet those in the world that can afford to travel halfway around the world regularly visit such hot spots like Cleveland, Baltimore, and Rochester, Minnesota.

I like knowing that I have access to the best in the world. I would much rather go broke paying for the medical care I need than going dead getting the free health care.

In drugs, the actual hospitals, the entire system is based on money in the US. Need lots of money to pay the best to do the research, do the surgeries, etc.

Take the high pay out....and you are going to lose many of the brightest minds that decide to go to law school or work in a hedge firm. Many of the smart 20 year olds are going to go a direction in their life that creates the life style they want.

Even those that are not in it for the money need the money to pay for their ten years in school to become a surgeon.
Zach…you have just summed upo the irony of “capitalism” in a nation that purports Christianity. Most anything can be accomplished as long as there is a tidey profit to be gained. And remember what Christ told us……It is easier for a camedl to pass tghrough the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God. And if Jesus isn’tg good enough for you, there is Scrooge..,,,”Are there
no workhouses? Are there no jails?”
As effective and efficient you believe capitalism to be, it is also a self destructive system by its very nature. That is why it has eveloved with regulations as it has….to preserve itself.

As Joe Biden said when he signed the infrastructure bill, “we will See you at the ribbon cuttings!”
Republicans, to a man opposed this legislation (infrastructure bill) and voted against it every step of the way.

Zach ain’t telling the voters of #3 the truth here. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Reactions: Joes Place
Well, except for the 32 Republicans who voted in favor of it.
They ALL opposed “infrastructure spending” as it was debated. The few that voted for it did so because they saw they didn’t have the numbers to stop it as a party. They understood Joe when he told them, “We will se you at the ribbon cuttings.” Did you notice that Gov Kim was at the DSM airport celebration to share credit...after she opposed this bill as it worked its way thru Congress?

Well, except for the 32 Republicans who voted in favor of it.
I saw 29 yeas from the GOP. Ten in the House and nineteen in the Senate. However, every nay vote, with the exception of 5 in the House, came from the GOP.

Last edited:
They ALL opposed “infrastructure spending” as it was debated. The few that voted for it did so because they saw they didn’t have the numbers to stop it as a party. They understood Joe when he told them, “We will se you at the ribbon cuttings.” Did you notice that Gov Kim was at the DSM airport celebration to share credit...after she opposed this bill as it worked its way thru Congress?
You falsely claimed that every single Republican voted against the bill. I corrected your mistake. End of discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
I saw 29 yeas from the GOP. Ten in the House and nineteen in the Senate. However, every nay vote, with the exception of 5 in the House, came from the GOP.

The final vote was 19 GOP senators and 13 GOP House members in favor.

Link

Last edited:
Interesting,.. So apparently not everyone fits into the little boxes that Democrats like to construct for them...

No it doesn't. Not even remotely.
So your position is that there is absolutely no gray area. There is absolutely no valid explanation for voting against the bill for any reason and then taking credit for projects that happened because of the bill. And you have no intention of deviating from that stance in any way whatsoever.

Is that correct?

• Haha
So your position is that there is absolutely no gray area. There is absolutely no valid explanation for voting against the bill for any reason and then taking credit for projects that happened because of the bill. And you have no intention of deviating from that stance in any way whatsoever.

Is that correct?
How can you take credit for something you tried to prevent from happening?

What reasoning would allow them to take credit (and campaign on) for something they ultimately voted against?
If someone simply didn’t want the infrastructure bill to pass at all because they didn’t want Brandon to get a victory then absolutely it’s hypocritical to take credit for projects that get funded in your state or district.

But things aren’t always black or white. If, for example, someone generally supported the infrastructure bill and was fine with 90% of it, but they felt like 10% of it was wasteful pork barrel spending so they voted no because they were negotiating for a slightly smaller infrastructure bill, then I think a case can be made that they are fine to tout necessary projects in their home area.

How can you take credit for something you tried to prevent from happening?
So then it’s your unwavering stance that anyone who voted no is a hypocrite if they take credit for projects that were funded by the bill?

Can you kindly direct me to the thread where Democrats called out AOC and Cori Bush and Ayanna Pressley and Jamaal Bowman and Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar? Because evidently I was absent from HORT that day.

• Haha
If someone simply didn’t want the infrastructure bill to pass at all because they didn’t want Brandon to get a victory then absolutely it’s hypocritical to take credit for projects that get funded in your state or district.

But things aren’t always black or white. If, for example, someone generally supported the infrastructure bill and was fine with 90% of it, but they felt like 10% of it was wasteful pork barrel spending so they voted no because they were negotiating for a slightly smaller infrastructure bill, then I think a case can be made that they are fine to tout necessary projects in their home area.
Can you provide examples of this happening by statements made by the GOP Congress members who voted nay?

Can you provide examples of this happening by statements made by the GOP Congress members who voted nay?
I don’t know each member’s reason for voting no. What I do know is that they had different reasons for voting no. Some simply didn’t want Biden to get an infrastructure bill paseed. Those people are the deplorables.

The Squad voted no because they didn’t get everything they wanted in the bill. Some Republicans voted no because they wanted a smaller package. Keep in mind that the original bill started out as a bloated $3.5 trillion monstrosity that included hundreds of billions of dollars for things like free community college for everyone and two years of free preschool for every child.

The final bill was the end result of months of negotiations by members of both parties. Things are not as black and white as some of you guys want to believe.

So then it’s your unwavering stance that anyone who voted no is a hypocrite if they take credit for projects that were funded by the bill?

Can you kindly direct me to the thread where Democrats called out AOC and Cori Bush and Ayanna Pressley and Jamaal Bowman and Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar? Because evidently I was absent from HORT that day.

If they’re taking credit for projects in their districts despite voting no, then they’re being hypocritical. Full stop.

Bragging about project X despite voting against it for whatever reason should be called out no matter who they are. If you can point to the Squad or some other democrats who voted No but are taking credit for projects from that bill; please point them out. I would agree they’re being hypocrites as well.

LOL!!! Hilarious. Good troll job.

I don’t necessarily agree with that assertion in all cases, but I give you credit for consistency.
your logic makes no sense. If someone tries to prevent something from happening, they can still take credit for it?

It’s called compromise - no one ever gets everything they want.

They voted no. They can’t just then take credit for the parts they like.

if someone likes everything in a bill, imo, it’s probably a bad bill.
Sigh.

The process that led to the passage of the bill took months. Numerous revisions and amendments. Additions and subtractions. Compromises from both sides. Multiple votes and revotes. Many moderate Democrats even opposed the bill for a long time.

Just because someone voted against the version that finally had enough votes to pass doesn’t mean they didn’t want an infrastructure bill. It just means they didn’t support that particular version of the infrastructure bill.

Sigh.

The process that led to the passage of the bill took months. Numerous revisions and amendments. Additions and subtractions. Compromises from both sides. Multiple votes and revotes. Many moderate Democrats even opposed the bill for a long time.

Just because someone voted against the version that finally had enough votes to pass doesn’t mean they didn’t want an infrastructure bill. It just means they didn’t support that particular version of the infrastructure bill.
And then they voted against that final version of of the bill. Most republicans here never supported the bill, at all. and for some reason you’re okay with them taking credit regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT