ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes apologizes to Caitlin

All I could tell from that article, since it's behind a paywall, is that she apologized to CC for being mistaken about it being her fifth year when it is only her fourth.

Did she also acknowledge the error in her age and how many shot attempts per game?
She apparently had a call and said it was a good one but said she would let Clark say what was talked about if her wanted to reveal the details.

Reactions: BirdistheWord
Can Iowa fans leave their triggered feelings behind and move on now?
no-absolutely.gif

Not triggered or dont care anymore lol tbh. But the fact that a 21 yr old girl had to get involved, the same one who dis'd CC, with a 52 year old woman who should have known better, to tell her to apologize lol. Too much drama. Angel should not have been involved and SS should have said I was wrong on her own. Glad she retracted but it littered with BS and it's all about looks for the two that dont like CC. That's my take. CC took the higher lane to be sure :)

But but but the 30-70 yr olds in our fanbase need to take to social media to get their shots in to show that they've "got Iowa's back".

Hard to do that if they just........move on.
She earned the criticism, she should watch how true professionals prepare and maybe she should learn to have some grace when the shit hits the fan.

Here is what Swoopes said. It sure sounds like she had a text message exchange with CC, not a phone call. Also, I don't see any apology. I see she said "I made a mistake", which is not an apology.

“A couple of weeks ago, I reached out to (LSU’s Angel Reese) and had a really good conversation with Angel over the phone and sent a message to Caitlin. She responded. She and I went back and forth,” Swoopes said on Sunday’s Baylor-Texas Tech broadcast. “I won’t share what she said, I’ll leave that to her if she wants to share. But I will say, what I said to her was, ‘I made a mistake in saying it was your fifth year when it is your fourth.’

Last edited:
All I could tell from that article, since it's behind a paywall, is that she apologized to CC for being mistaken about it being her fifth year when it is only her fourth.

Did she also acknowledge the error in her age and how many shot attempts per game?
Yeah if she only apologized for the one comment, then It's no good. A start, but incomplete. The fact that she waited this long, and only after lots of outrage and the "Don't be a Sheryl" shirt, tells me that she only backtracked because she had to. However, all that matters is that Caitlin is okay with it after their conversation. If she's good with it, then my opinion is even more irrelevant than usual... 😂

Yeah if she only apologized for the one comment, then It's no good. A start, but incomplete. The fact that she waited this long, and only after lots of outrage and the "Don't be a Sheryl" shirt, tells me that she only backtracked because she had to. However, all that matters is that Caitlin is okay with it after their conversation. If she's good with it, then my opinion is even more irrelevant than usual... 😂
Well said. Clark has been unbelievable how she’s handled this entire process from the end of last year to now. What grace under pressure. While I’d agree there’s been a lot of venom thrown her way she’s also gotten a ton of kudos from the likes of LeBron and Shaq which is pretty great company, 2 of the greatest to ever play the game. Rise above people and quit being so outraged over it all. Swoopes was off base, way off base and certainly made her look out of touch. Credit to Angel if she actually had her reach out to Caitlin.

Sure a lot of folks getting worked up over something between Swoopes and Caitlin.

If Caitlin wants to make sure that her record isn't touched in the future, she could take her fifth year.

I no longer care but the other two "mistakes" were the ones where I can see no context other than someone trying to bring Caitlin down. The fifth year comment would be a fair argument if it were true but even then records are broken all over sports by players that took more time.

But but but the 30-70 yr olds in our fanbase need to take to social media to get their shots in to show that they've "got Iowa's back".

Hard to do that if they just........move on.

Well let’s be honest….we don’t move on. I fully anticipate us talking about Brian Ferentz forever 🤷‍♂️

I mean this board is a hot plate for negative takes and regurgitating the boards company line….

You know, all our coaches suck…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT