ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes with some more incredible takes

Look, I'm not arguing that people don't hate Caitlyn Clark. They do, and it's annoying, disappointing and petty. It's just a shame how quick everyone is to play the race card here. Do I think race and sexual identity play a part her? Maybe a tad, but not much.

The source of the hate is how underpaid and underexposed the old guard are, and how much they resent this brash, insanely confident girl who has achieved more at 22 than they have in a lifetime.

Everyone yelling racism! strips the conversation of it's nuance and reveals just how the insecure "anti-woke" movement has hijacked the national conversation by injecting race into literally every topic (without irony). It's disappointing.

That doesn't make her racist. She made that statement while explicitly explaining that she isn't racist.
Dude, the very premise of her statement is racist. Someone can’t be racist SOLEY BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN TONE!!!??? Cmon…you’re better than this…

Dude, the very premise of her statement is racist. Someone can’t be racist SOLEY BECAUSE OF THEIR SKIN TONE!!!??? Cmon…you’re better than this…
Okay, let's walk through the nuance of this statement. Why do you think a black person would choose to say this at the exact moment that they are saying that a particular action isn't racially motivated? What do you think are the thought processes of black people (and white people) who believe in this statement?

Okay, let's walk through the nuance of this statement. Why do you think a black person would choose to say this at the exact moment that they are saying that a particular action isn't racially motivated? What do you think are the thought processes of black people (and white people) who believe in this statement?
In her case, clearly to get a free pass to say whatever she wants. The fact remains, the statement is racist.

The problem many people have is they think just because someone was a good player in their day means they know everything about the game, but they don’t. Often times very talented players never learn the intricacies of the game because they didn’t need to, they just got by on physical ability. That’s why many good players don’t make very good coaches. Swoopes was a good player, but she obviously knows very little about the game and talent evaluation.
I'd agree on this most of the time, but disagree here. Swoopes knows alot about the game and how its played. She HATES Clark or at the very least the attention she has garnered as in Swoopes mind it is ONLY because Clark is a white woman. I'm convinced there is absolutely no other reason. It simply isn't possible that Swoopes could watch Clark play and how she has lifted her team and the league and then make the comments she does, or stay silent about her incredible growth in a few months. This is totally transparent racism and jealousy because the league has never been this electrified by ANY player in its history.

Coming from the guy that said the state of Indiana is racist. Yeesh
I mean, if you willfully don't want to have nuanced, double sided conversations with me, don't engage.

I posted an article outlining the history of racism in Indiana, including it being the birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan.

I would never "say" a state is racist. I'm not a moron.

This is helpful. Way to build bridges and heal wounds.
Just a question. WHAT exactly is Swoopes doing to "build bridges" when it comes to racial tension, and jealousy? She HAS a national platform unlike posters here. Is she being constructive, or destructive? I'll be interested in your response.

That was exactly what your implication was in your first post regarding it. But hey…no racism the other way, right? The hypocrisy just blows me away…
I already stated that racism is at play the other way, and you chose to ignore it. If you are going to continue to come at me with canned buzz words and ad hominem attacks, then don't waste your time.

Something tells me you are capable of an actual intellectual conversation if you chose to go there. If so, I'm here for you, buddy. Until then, adios.

Just a question. WHAT exactly is Swoopes doing to "build bridges" when it comes to racial tension, and jealousy? She HAS a national platform unlike posters here. Is she being constructive, or destructive? I'll be interested in your response.
She's doing nothing. She is 100% the problem along with 80% of this board. Does that make all them - and you - racists? It does not.

That was exactly what your implication was in your first post regarding it. But hey…no racism the other way, right? The hypocrisy just blows me away…
And I will own that my response the Carrington tweet was pretty dumb and hypocritical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT