ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes with some more incredible takes

It’s not like this is from years ago. We are 33 games into her first season, with ROY and all that swirling in the wind. Now is the time to speak.

The podcast Nancy was talking about was from like 6 months ago so it's well passed its expiration date. ROY, possible 1st team WNBA spot, single season assist record, battle for the 6th seed all going on and putting another controversy on Caitlin's plate is dumb.

Besides what is the end goal here? It's pretty clear that Swoopes isn't a fan of Caitlin for whatever reason. Is another public admonishment going to change anything? Because Swoopes seemingly doubled down after the first one.

The podcast Nancy was talking about was from like 6 months ago so it's well passed its expiration date. ROY, possible 1st team WNBA spot, single season assist record, battle for the 6th seed all going on and putting another controversy on Caitlin's plate is dumb.

Besides what is the end goal here? It's pretty clear that Swoopes isn't a fan of Caitlin for whatever reason. Is another public admonishment going to change anything? Because Swoopes seemingly doubled down after the first one.
How about this for an end goal? The W fires that b!tch. Do basketball fans a solid.

Wake up to what? Are you saying Sheryl Swoopes doesn't like Caitlin Clark because she is white?
Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

I think it is best to put Swoopes on ignore. She is not a CC fan and will probably never will be one. I think the best thing CC can do is ignore her, continue building her brand and playing at a superstar level.
What’s difficult for us as selfish fans is that we enjoy watching her eat crow oh-so-much. That’s why ignoring her is hard. There’s a part of us that enjoys the trainwreck and seeing her destroy her brand all as a result of pettiness and jealousy. But you’re probably right, the noble thing to do is ignore her.

What’s difficult for us as selfish fans is that we enjoy watching her eat crow oh-so-much. That’s why ignoring her is hard. There’s a part of us that enjoys the trainwreck and seeing her destroy her brand all as a result of pettiness and jealousy. But you’re probably right, the noble thing to do is ignore her.
Yep. Great minds agree -

"Happiness consists of getting your hair cut every two weeks and watching your neighbor fall off his roof"
-Lin Yutang, The Importance of Living

She really thinks this is going to help her professional career? Damn she is digging in her heels.

Swoopes is digging such a deep hole that I don't think her fat ass will be able to escape.

Stephen A Smith, like him or not, is making this a national story thru his multiple platforms and he has put a bright spotlight on Sheryl Swoopes.

Stephen A Smith isn't going anywhere. Sheryl? The Dallas Wings and their TV partner (Bally Sports Southwest) have a decision to make.

And don't forget; Nancy Lieberman AND Sheryl are both employees of the Bally Sports Southwest TV crew and Sheryl refuses to talk to Nancy.

Swoopes is digging such a deep hole that I don't think her fat ass will be able to escape.

Stephen A Smith, like him or not, is making this a national story thru his multiple platforms and he has put a bright spotlight on Sheryl Swoopes.

Stephen A Smith isn't going anywhere. Sheryl? The Dallas Wings and their TV partner (Bally Sports Southwest) have a decision to make.

And don't forget; Nancy Lieberman AND Sheryl are both employees of the Bally Sports Southwest TV crew and Sheryl refuses to talk to Nancy.

The thing with Swoopes is not only has she been an ignorant (or dishonest, not sure which) idiot about CC, but she's fueling a whole bunch of haters who believe every negative word she ever said about CC. I came across a live online discussion yesterday with a bunch of CC hating wnba fans. One of them claimed to be former NBA player Sharone Wright. The crap these people were spewing about CC was insane. They (not sure about Wright but he didn't disagree) believe that Swoopes was right about CC being at least 25 years old, not 22. Not because of an extra Covid year, but because they believe she was much older when she started college. They believe her records are tainted for some reason. The truth is coming out is what these moron wnba fans believe. They also don't think CC even deserves to be in the ROY conversation with Reese. Swoopes started this BS and the hate and lies has spread like wildfire.

Bahahaha. This is all hilarious and she has nobody to blame but herself

This kind of activity is what should get Hateful Swoopes booted out of her job...

Seriously? A friend/colleague let's you know that you made a mistake and offers guidance.. and instead of getting the FACTS straight, you attack your friend/colleague, ignore the facts, and refuse to talk to the friend going forward?

Certainly seems like someone that is going to do a bang up job with broadcasting. 😂

I still comeback to who would you want to build your team around? If you were in charge of the draft for one of the expansion teams coming up (with no protected players) and your next pick it came down to Clark or Reese, who would you pick? Admittedly, I am biased. Thinking about long term, I would consider Clark as my first pick overall, but it would be hard to pass up A’ja Wilson. I probably wouldn’t pick Reese as one of my first five picks, but I would want her on the bench.

The thing with Swoopes is not only has she been an ignorant (or dishonest, not sure which) idiot about CC, but she's fueling a whole bunch of haters who believe every negative word she ever said about CC. I came across a live online discussion yesterday with a bunch of CC hating wnba fans. One of them claimed to be former NBA player Sharone Wright. The crap these people were spewing about CC was insane. They (not sure about Wright but he didn't disagree) believe that Swoopes was right about CC being at least 25 years old, not 22. Not because of an extra Covid year, but because they believe she was much older when she started college. They believe her records are tainted for some reason. The truth is coming out is what these moron wnba fans believe. They also don't think CC even deserves to be in the ROY conversation with Reese. Swoopes started this BS and the hate and lies has spread like wildfire
How do they explain her playing on the U19 team in 2021? Does the conspiracy run that deep?

I still comeback to who would you want to build your team around? If you were in charge of the draft for one of the expansion teams coming up (with no protected players) and your next pick it came down to Clark or Reese, who would you pick? Admittedly, I am biased. Thinking about long term, I would consider Clark as my first pick overall, but it would be hard to pass up A’ja Wilson. I probably wouldn’t pick Reese as one of my first five picks, but I would want her on the bench.

Reese is a great rebounding talent, but if I have other good options I don't know that I would want her on my team at all if I was building a team. The Fever are cooking right now because they seem to have developed team chemistry and bought into letting CC run the offense where everyone eats. Unless you're Phil Collins or some diva whisperer skilled at getting challenging personalities to accept their roles and get along, I think AR would frequently cause friction and hurt team chemistry.

Reese is a great rebounding talent, but if I have other good options I don't know that I would want her on my team at all if I was building a team. The Fever are cooking right now because they seem to have developed team chemistry and bought into letting CC run the offense where everyone eats. Unless you're Phil Collins or some diva whisperer skilled at getting challenging personalities to accept their roles and get along, I think AR would frequently cause friction and hurt team chemistry.
A problem with AR is that she isn't a "Team" player. Spoon said that their offense runs through the post players. We all know about AR's shortfalls within 5' of the rim. But, honestly, does she kick the ball out to her teammates often when she is doubled or tripled? I'm so used to seeing her force up ridiculous shots near the rim. When she desperately tried to get the DD in the Liberty game, and was denied, Chennedy Carter got the ball and waited it out as time went to zero. Just before that, AR was already walking toward the bench. I agree that the Fever are developing some really good chemistry, where the Sky are imploding from within.
AR is a force in rebounding, no question, and even though some are embellishing her impact in the League, is she making her team better? No. A one dimensional player can break records reflective of what they do best, and the other skills that player has can be lower, average, or even random, and not have a positive impact for the team.
Sorry for being superfluous, but to your first point, I agree that AR would not be my choice either.

Last edited:
Somehow I knew the "I played and coached" deal was coming. Pull your head out. The women was an AA and HOF player and a coach. But YOU obviously know more (your statement) because you played at what level and coached where? This internet shit is hilarious. Her issue has NOTHING to do with what she knows about basketball. The fact that this is the hill your choosing to die on says it all. Her issue CLEARLY is her jealousy/ hatred whatever of Clark. It has nothing to do with her "honestly thinking Reese is the better player". Anyone should be able to see that. Reese is simply the most accessible pawn or prop for the agenda she is pushing. In all honesty Reese has been dragged into this mess every bit as much as Clark has by Swoopes and others like her. Thinking that she's not aware of who is the better player is very shortsighted and has nothing to do with why she keeps up with this narrative.
Then she shouldn’t be employed, end of story. And just because someone played the game doesn’t make them an expert at interpreting it. Biggest fallacy in sports. Please tell me what she has ever said that points to her being a basketball genius. And anyone who would say publicly that Reese is better than Clark, or that Samuelson is the most valuable player on that team, obviously knows very little about the sport because no one who knows anything about it would say something like that publicly regardless of motivation. I don’t like LeBron, but I wouldn’t say some role player was better than him just because I don’t like him. People who know the game know enough to not say really stupid stuff.

Sheryl was wrong once again. Stephen A Smith DID ask Nancy about Nancy saying CC should punch Chennedy Carter in the face.

Check this out & watch:

Nancy said she would punch someone in the face if she was pushed like Chennedy pushed CC. She did not tell CC to punch Chennedy or that she should have punched Chennedy. This is how I understood her comments.

Swoops coming out with receipts of her text conversation with CC. CC is amazing once again. But why the doubling down ever since? She must hate CC by default because of the CC supporters?

GWe709GXkAAdVkU
GWe70-BWgAMn989
GWe709dXcAERhZO
Is this is truly what happened, that she refused to publicly retract, instead doubling down, sacrificing a personal friendship, all while privately reaching out to Caitlin to make amends, then she is seriously the most fvcked up woman ever. Ever.

Nancy said she would punch someone in the face if she was pushed like Chennedy pushed CC. She did not tell CC to punch Chennedy or that she should have punched Chennedy. This is how I understood her comments.

Yep, Nancy clarified her comments to Stephen A Smith. And Nancy took the call from Teresa Weatherspoon, the Sky head coach, who wanted to discuss Nancy's comments towards her player (Chennedy Carter).

Is this is truly what happened, that she refused to publicly retract, instead doubling down, sacrificing a personal friendship, all while privately reaching out to Caitlin to make amends, then she is seriously the most fvcked up woman ever. Ever.
Reaching out to CC privately while publicly snubbing her to prove a point is what really is glaring. You can mend friendships, but you have to come to grips with what caused the breakup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT