ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes with some more incredible takes

Swoopes hates Clark so much she lies, throws away broadcasting opportunity, and ends friendships.

She needs to unplug for a few months and look within.
giphy.gif

She wasn’t talking about all rookies when she dismissively said, “I’d draft Paige Bueckers over Caitlin Clark, next question.” Like the entire UCONN cult, Taurasi was a hater and was predictably proven wrong. Now she’s doesn’t say anything.
Taurasi (like many others) underestimated Caitlin but also had a lot of positive things to say. We don’t all have to be delighted by her abrupt manner but that’s just who she is.

Have you noticed that she’s been very nice to Caitlin during their matchups this year? I’ve been struck by that.

Have you noticed that she’s been very nice to Caitlin during their matchups this year? I’ve been struck by that.
Of course she has. She’s the type to only throw shade when the other person isn’t around. But even if she wanted to, Clark has owned her so bad head to head that hasn’t been able to. But I agree she learned a harsh lesson and was smart enough to back off.

Of course she has. She’s the type to only throw shade when the other person isn’t around. But even if she wanted to, Clark has owned her so bad head to head that hasn’t been able to. But I agree she learned a harsh lesson and was smart enough to back off.
Third sentence is spot on. Second sentence…. End of the LSU championship? She’s an in your face asshole if she has the upper hand. Or, at least she was 1.5 years ago. Maybe she has grown up some.

Third sentence is spot on. Second sentence…. End of the LSU championship? She’s an in your face asshole if she has the upper hand. Or, at least she was 1.5 years ago. Maybe she has grown up some.
I’m following what you’re saying, but we were actually discussing Taurasi.

AR was definitely an asshole for a good bit of time there. On the court and off it (the shady tweets). Love how realization is starting to set in that she doesn’t hold to candle to CC, and suddenly she doesn’t want to play the “bad girl” anymore.

I’m following what you’re saying, but we were actually discussing Taurasi.

AR was definitely an asshole for a good bit of time there. On the court and off it (the shady tweets). Love how realization is starting to set in that she doesn’t hold to candle to CC, and suddenly she doesn’t want to play the “bad girl” anymore.
Sorry Not Sorry Oops GIF by NETFLIX

Which is probably driving swoopes even crazier than she already is. I mean the way swoopes is acting towards Caitlin is just bizarre. She really should be embarrassed. Caitlin goes about her business. It’s actually awesome.
It’s all about race as well.

Can’t imagine if the races were flip flopped.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
Obviously neither of us know what she really thinks, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she decided to be supportive after some reflection. And maybe the contrarian in her didn’t want to satisfy the “I can’t wait for DT to knock Clark on her ass” crowd.

Just my opinion, I think Taurasi is a decent person who is just confident and a little mouthy. That’s part of her competitive edge.

Reactions: MplsHawk
There really is no reason to continue this conversation, from my end anyway. If you are REALLY naive enough to think that Swoopes actually thought that Clark was 25 years old, (which wouldn't even be possible, even with covid), and can't understand that pretty much everything she has said has NOTHING to do with her basketball knowledge and is only because she is jealous, then whats the use. And now your actually saying that YOU know the reason she was hired as a D1 coach, because evidently you were on the committee who hired her I assume? And since you "supposedly" have all this coaching experience, just HOW would a new coach have "basketball experience" before they coached except to have played, and she evidently was considered the best player of her generation. But I'm sure your right that this should not have given her any resume too be hired as a first time coach?

Do you actually look at what your posting before you post it? Anyway, you win. I'm sure she doesn't know a thing about basketball, at least compared to your obvious vast knowledge. Sometime let us know where it is your coaching all those All Americans again. I'm sure that would be an interesting topic.

To put a pin in this, at NO point did I EVER defend anything that Swoopes said. She's a petty jealous has been. None of which has any relevance to what she does or does not know, or frankly how you supposedly compare to her......
Here’s something you haven’t thought of in all your attempts to build yourself up by belittling me…maybe Sheryl Swoopes just isn’t very smart. I know it’s hard for you to believe, but there are athletes out there who just aren’t that bright. Yet they still get a level of credibility simply because they played.

Here’s something you haven’t thought of in all your attempts to build yourself up by belittling me…maybe Sheryl Swoopes just isn’t very smart. I know it’s hard for you to believe, but there are athletes out there who just aren’t that bright. Yet they still get a level of credibility simply because they played.
Troy Davis was an All-American, yet his wonderlic score was under ten and his interview skills were at a JR High level.
Talent on the court does not guarantee coaching excellence. Some of best coaches were mediocre players, while many HOF players washed out of coaching quickly.

Reactions: AWS1022
Troy Davis was an All-American, yet his wonderlic score was under ten and his interview skills were at a JR High level.
Talent on the court does not guarantee coaching excellence. Some of best coaches were mediocre players, while many HOF players washed out of coaching quickly.
And it’s pretty obvious to me that Sheryl Swoopes, as petty and jealous as she may be, also just isn’t very bright.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
Maybe you should take a break from this. HOW have I been belittling you. Because I doubted that you know more then she does about basketball? Really? While she may be repugnant as a person we do know what she accomplished in the game, so there is some basis there. Meanwhile your posting on a website that you know more about the game then a HOF player, and you may as well be an 10 year old kid for all I know. The main point here, which you have repeatedly ignored, (and I'm sure you will again), is that what she knows about the game isn't the issue, she doesn't like Clark for a bunch of reasons we've discussed. Thats the basis for her crap. Its that simple.....

AND??? Vince Young got the lowest score ever for an NFL QB. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China. Have either of them been on social media blasting Clark? Swoopes doesn't like Clark for a bunch of reasons. It doesn't have anything to do with her knowledge about basketball. But you guys keep posting these same silly strawman posts.....

Swoopes is triggered. Caitlin Clark.....tearing up the W, breaking records, leading in stats and doing a number on SS' head...all in her rookie year

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Hope Caitlin will coach the Hawks one day. She seems like she'd be an incredible coach.

Maybe you should take a break from this. HOW have I been belittling you. Because I doubted that you know more then she does about basketball? Really? While she may be repugnant as a person we do know what she accomplished in the game, so there is some basis there. Meanwhile your posting on a website that you know more about the game then a HOF player, and you may as well be an 10 year old kid for all I know. The main point here, which you have repeatedly ignored, (and I'm sure you will again), is that what she knows about the game isn't the issue, she doesn't like Clark for a bunch of reasons we've discussed. Thats the basis for her crap. Its that simple.....
You’re assuming that’s her full motivation….and I agree it’s part of it, but I also think she’s not very smart. And if she’s as dumb as I think she is, then I’m pretty confident I know more than her whether she played or not.

You’re assuming that’s her full motivation….and I agree it’s part of it, but I also think she’s not very smart. And if she’s as dumb as I think she is, then I’m pretty confident I know more than her whether she played or not.
Super. If that makes you feel better. Have a good night......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT