ADVERTISEMENT

Sheryl Swoopes

Yep. Lisa made a comment that going up against South Carolina was like going into a bar fight. Dawn got completely outcoached by Lisa, so to distract people from that, she went on a racial rant, stating that "we are not bar fighters, we are not monkeys, we are not thugs...."

And Dawn, of course, referred to the recent South Carolina/LSU game as a dog fight. Where was the outrage there?

F'ing race baiting hypocrite is all she is.
Because they are DOGS.

Yep. Lisa made a comment that going up against South Carolina was like going into a bar fight. Dawn got completely outcoached by Lisa, so to distract people from that, she went on a racial rant, stating that "we are not bar fighters, we are not monkeys, we are not thugs...."

And Dawn, of course, referred to the recent South Carolina/LSU game as a dog fight. Where was the outrage there?

And Bluder never said "monkeys" and never said "thugs," that was Staley putting words in her mouth to better paint her as a racist.

And Bluder never said "monkeys" and never said "thugs," that was Staley putting words in her mouth to better paint her as a racist.

I hope this wasn't a distraction for the National Championship game.

When shit like this happens, I hope the Iowa coach can simply make a call to the Iowa Communications Dept and say, "please handle this." That way the coach can then quickly pivot & focus on the important things.

Can any of us image a day when CC would try to diss the accomplishments of a player….past or present…..white, black, other.
I mean seriously. You either have class or you don’t. It’s not a part time thing and once being a great player doesn’t mean you have the right to be a donkey and make up crap. I mean I guess you CAN but it just makes you nothing more than a bigger donkey.

I think there is 100% a racial component to it. Maybe not with how SS and DS feel about CC personally, but I do think they resent all the media love she gets and probably believe it's because she's white. Staley hates the Iowa program and basically called Bluder a racist by putting words in her mouth that she never said.
That is how I read between the lines too, though it is speculative and no hard evidence

CC either has taken media training or she's just a "natural" in front of the camera.

She praises others around her and even after the Ohio State thingy, pretty much just chalked that incident up to exuberant fans.

Really a tremendous ambassador for the University of Iowa.

Can any of us image a day when CC would try to diss the accomplishments of a player….past or present…..white, black, other.
I mean seriously. You either have class or you don’t. It’s not a part time thing and once being a great player doesn’t mean you have the right to be a donkey and make up crap. I mean I guess you CAN but it just makes you nothing more than a bigger donkey.
The hate is real and it’s been rationalized

5 pages in and I have discovered that NCAA Women's basketball is serious bizness
Iowa fans are among the most defensive fanbases in the country.

We will not tolerate anyone giving us criticism for anything, unless it's us doing the criticism!!!!.........................and even then we have resident posters shaming fellow Iowa fans for being negative or critical about things even when it's necessary.

:)

Saying it was a dog fight is ok when it is between bitches.

Swoopes led her team to the NCAA title with the best NCAA tournament that any WBB player has ever had, including CC. Much respect to Sheryl Swoopes the player (not the podcast commentator).
So best tournament, WHY because they won? Clark scored an all time record 191 pts, had the most assists, and in the three elite games scored 41, (triple dub, NEVER EVER done before) 41, and 31 pts, all numbers that have NEVER been seen. If your saying that Swoopes was better because they won the title, I hate to tell you, but its a team game.

looks like whatever this was was IM- @Moral and got deleted!!!

I saved that tweet to send to some people I know.

GFk86je-Wg-AAFDx6.jpg

Swoopes was obviously misinformed, ill prepared and a bit lazy. The rest of the thoughts ITT as to the reason she made the erroneous statements is pure conjecture and opinion. I'll give SS the benefit of the doubt that she isn't racist in regards to her feelings about CC. Time to move on...
Honestly, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, if she owned it, and came out and said my bad, I screwed the pooch on that one. The fact that instead she will not and she is digging in against those who have called out her ignorance, says a great deal about her character, or lack of.......

Iowa fans are among the most defensive fanbases in the country.

We will not tolerate anyone giving us criticism for anything, unless it's us doing the criticism!!!!.........................and even then we have resident posters shaming fellow Iowa fans for being negative or critical about things even when it's necessary.

:)

LOL….you are the best!

Honestly, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt, if she owned it, and came out and said my bad, I screwed the pooch on that one. The fact that instead she will not and she is digging in against those who have called out her ignorance, says a great deal about her character, or lack of.......

Totally agree with this. Everyone deserves Grace, over & over honestly as long as they own it and mean it.

Reactions: cyberhawk
I'm sure she had other words for that incident off camera.......lol.
Absolutely, just as I'd bet she let those closest to her know what she thought about Reese mugging her off the court after the loss in the title game. Just another instance where she's a way better person, (at least in how she handles things publicly) then myself. I'd have dropped Reese right at the free throw line the first time, and been ejected.....

Wondering how many times SS sold out an arena. Night after night after night.
Never.
Is this part of her jealousy? Why does she hate on certain women in women basketball? You would think like most womens basketball players they would be all in on the excitement, growth, sellouts, etc.
Gee,,, I wonder why.

Wondering how many times SS sold out an arena. Night after night after night.
Never.
Is this part of her jealousy? Why does she hate on certain women in women basketball? You would think like most womens basketball players they would be all in on the excitement, growth, sellouts, etc.
Gee,,, I wonder why.

Caitlin has undoubtedly grown women's basketball and these clowns (Mulkey, Staley, Swoopes, etc) are only blunting (or perhaps destroying?) that progress

Gilbert Arenas we also guilty of misinformation and supporting Swoopes. He tried to make a point of all players need to play the same number of games for any record to count. How boorish. I am a grouchy old man that remembers Roger Maris and the "asterisk". But Swoopes is ridiculous for being so uninformed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT