ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at Highland Park, IL 4th of July Parade?

How would you implement this ban on revealing the identity and make sure it is upheld?

Do you want to erase previous killers from the history books as well? Eliminate any references to killings or other atrocities that might trigger someone?
Just an observation. Don't think a "ban" is even on the table or even legal...

Just seems like this kids name and face is out there much more than what we've seen in the past.

Just an observation. Don't think a "ban" is even on the table or even legal...

Just seems like this kids name and face is out there much more than what we've seen in the past.
More than the Boston Marathon bombing? You realize there was a manhunt to find him for a while, correct?

I get it, you're just complaining to complain without any idea of a resolution. We all do that, I suppose.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Just gun nuts bein' gun nuts.

"Yeah....my kid is nuts, but Imma still vouch for him to own some firearms"

If you want to pay 45 - 50% in taxes, live in an 800-900 square foot flat, in exchange for cradle to grave nanny state go for it Joe. I prefer my acreage and 2,500 foot home...

Not too many "acreages" in a country the size of Denmark.
Weird how they pay "45-50% in taxes" but still have a higher quality of living than you do....

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Notice now when an AR-15 is involved it's a mental issue with the wingnuts. If a shooter plans an event, it's premeditated. It is murder. You can't excuse it away by saying it's bad childhood or Catholic priest abuse. There are too many killers sitting on death row with such claims.

Reactions: lucas80
Notice now when an AR-15 is involved it's a mental issue with the wingnuts. If a shooter plans an event, it's premeditated. It is murder. You can't excuse it away by saying it's bad childhood or Catholic priest abuse. There are too many killers sitting on death row with such claims.
Or women or marijuana, anything but guns.

I'll be honest, I'm a pro gun guy. Shotguns, rifles, handguns, and also an AR-15.

I'm a firm believer that the more guns we can put in RESPONSIBLE hands the better.

However, I'm getting torn with all these recent events.

What do we do?

99.9% of the AR style rifles will never be used in a "mass shooting". Once again, 99.9%.

Stricter red flag laws is probably the "easiest" way to start.

I'll be honest, I'm a pro gun guy. Shotguns, rifles, handguns, and also an AR-15.

I'm a firm believer that the more guns we can put in RESPONSIBLE hands the better.

What do we do?

99.9% of the AR style rifles will never be used in a "mass shooting". Once again, 99.9%.

The problem is it's a numbers game when it comes to AR-15. Yes, statistically very few get used for ill intentions. But the more of them that are out the especially when it's a number in the millions the greater the risk that the 1% can destroy an unacceptable amount of lives in a short time frame.

Or women or marijuana, anything but guns.

I was on a site to look up Janis Joplin at Woodstock and spent some time perusing since it was an event meaningful to my (boomer) past. Wingnuts and Fox crazies should consider this carefully:

400,000 gathered in an area without adequate food and facilities (due to poor planning and unanticipated demand), and 3 days without a single incident of civil disturbance or unrest. Drugs and alcohol flowed freely. There was no hatred and vitriol among the hundreds of thousands without enough toilets and food.

Lesson: marijuana does not generate vitriol.
Fact: Fox does.

He confessed. Also thought about driving to Madison Wisconsin to another gathering with the 60 rounds left on his person.

What do we do?

It doesn't take much for a responsible person to become irresponsible, so more guns is not the answer. It never will be and any attempt to make that argument is naive of subjective external factors to every individual.

There's a whole lot of finger pointing going on right now between the municipalities, the police, the state police, etc. and they're all throwing their hands up saying that they did all that they legally could. If that's the case, red flag laws aren't an effective control and leave too much residual risk. Basically a non-starter with a need for more thorough controls with less residual risk remaining.

It doesn't take much for a responsible person to become irresponsible, so more guns is not the answer. It never will be and any attempt to make that argument is naive of subjective external factors to every individual.

There's a whole lot of finger pointing going on right now between the municipalities, the police, the state police, etc. and they're all throwing their hands up saying that they did all that they legally could. If that's the case, red flag laws aren't an effective control and leave too much residual risk. Basically a non-starter with a need for more thorough controls with less residual risk remaining.
I'm of the opinion semi auto long guns need to be reclassified. Schedule 3 weapon I believe. Might be wrong on that. U can still own the gun. But it requires a lot more of the owner to buy and maintain the permit for the weapon. That with stricter red flag laws would be my choice.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Go for it, but most importantly make it known how ugly death looks for a mass murder.
Well everything points to parents enabling this shit. Hands off don't get involved. If u truly love your kid u set limits on them. And realize they are going to hate u to an extent no matter how u raise them for a time.

Well everything points to parents enabling this shit. Hands off don't get involved. If u truly love your kid u set limits on them. And realize they are going to hate u to an extent no matter how u raise them for a time.
Preaching to the choir sir. The first thing I posted on any of this is the uncle who didn't see anything to be concerned about.

Also, where the hell is throther in all this? We have heard about the dad, where is mom?

Preaching to the choir sir. The first thing I posted on any of this is the uncle who didn't see anything to be concerned about.

Also, where the hell is throther in all this? We have heard about the dad, where is mom?
Similar to the Michigan kid all over again. She's a holistic healer :). I'm guessing it's something similar to Jeremy's Pearl Jam. MIA parents. Growing up is tough enough even with good parenting. Throw some useless ones into the mix. Well this is what u get.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT