ADVERTISEMENT

Should Alito Recuse Himself from 1/6 and 2020 Election Cases?

And I think you’re insulting my intelligence. 🤔
The bias goes beyond the perceived at this point. The courts actions are confirming any worries. Somehow the court could decide Gore V Bush in a week, it could decide Trump's subpoena immunity in around 29 days. But it takes a good part of a year to decide if a president can be tried for a coup?

I'm not trying to insult you. Tell me when you have read the Code of Ethics (which only doesn't apply to SCOTUS)
I haven’t read the Code.
If you’ll point me to the section that addresses false and injurious accusations and if they still require the resignation of a Judge, it will save both of us an enormous amount of time.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I haven’t read the Code.
If you’ll point me to the section that addresses false and injurious accusations and if they still require the resignation of a Judge, it will save both of us an enormous amount of time.
The actions of Alito probably establishes that the accusations are true. During oral arguments, he seemed very open to the argument that Trump was immune from all crimes.

I haven’t read the Code.
What was false about it? Alito admitted the upside down flag was up at his house but weakly blamed his wife. Do you really see nothing wrong with this?

Imagine for a minute that someone in a jury pool publicly displayed support for the actions of a person being charged with a crime associated with those very actions. That potential juror would be dismissed post haste, and rightly so. This isn't a tough call.
Exactly. Righties have been screaming foul for weeks about the judges daughter in Trumps case talking about how biased he is yet when a freaking Supreme Court Justice does this it is totally fine and Lefties are just out to get him 🙄

Imagine for a minute that someone in a jury pool publicly displayed support for the actions of a person being charged with a crime associated with those very actions. That potential juror would be dismissed post haste, and rightly so. This isn't a tough call.
Gosh cause they’re exactly the same too. 😵‍💫

Exactly. Righties have been screaming foul for weeks about the judges daughter in Trumps case talking about how biased he is yet when a freaking Supreme Court Justice does this it is totally fine and Lefties are just out to get him 🙄
You are really not worthy of my time, but Judge Alito has insisted he had ZERO knowledge or involvement in the flag flap.
And the spouse of a SCJ is allowed to have opinions and quite frankly to get so fed up enough with the harassment by a neighbor that she did something she probably didn’t think through - so that the NYT could put forth the opinions of some very leftist “ethicists” who willingly helped those intent on making it seem like Alito is the world’s worst human*. Because he wrote the opinion on RvW.
*After Clarence Thomas that is.

You are really not worthy of my time, but Judge Alito has insisted he had ZERO knowledge or involvement in the flag flap.
And the spouse of a SCJ is allowed to have opinions and quite frankly to get so fed up enough with the harassment by a neighbor that she did something she probably didn’t think through - so that the NYT could put forth the opinions of some very leftist “ethicists” who willingly helped those intent on making it seem like Alito is the world’s worst human*. Because he wrote the opinion on RvW.
*After Clarence Thomas that is.
This doesn't make sense. How would Alito not have known about the flag? It's his house. You're telling me that he walked into his house everyday but not once wondering why the flag was upside down?

Reactions: FlickShagwell
This doesn't make sense. How would Alito not have known about the flag? It's his house. You're telling me that he walked into his house everyday but not once wondering why the flag was upside down?
That’s a fair question but it was reportedly only up for a few hours during the day and he said he was not home.

I find it interesting that someone was waiting to snap a photo but they saved it until just recently - when the full court hatred of Justice Alito swung into high gear.

NYT: Upside-Down Flag Seen Outside Alito’s Home in Jan. 2021, a Symbol Used by Election Deniers​

May 17, 2024
hl7-Alito-flag.jpg

In other Supreme Court news, The New York Times is reporting an upside-down U.S. flag, which is a symbol used by Trump supporters and election deniers, hung outside the home of Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito in January 2021, just days before Biden’s inauguration. The revelations are expected to reignite calls for Alito to recuse himself from cases related to the January 6 insurrection, including Trump’s attempt to claim immunity from election subversion charges.
He should resign.

That’s a fair question but it was reportedly only up for a few hours during the day and he said he was not home.

I find it interesting that someone was waiting to snap a photo but they saved it until just recently - when the full court hatred of Justice Alito swung into high gear.

The “hating” on Alito isn’t a recent phenomenon. Not like this was a huge “gotcha” moment that proved he was a POS.

He’s been a right-wing POS for years. This merely suggests - once again - that his form of justice isn’t blind. Or objective.

So, under his story, his wife got triggered into supporting a coup?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Should our latest DEI hire scotus member recuse herself immediately from any case, present or future, involving women? She couldn't even define the word in her acceptance hearings, so seems only fair to permanently pull her from all cases involving the term.

So upside down US flag at the Justice’s house and now allegedly another 1/6 flag at his vacation house?

Where is flag code @NorthernHawkeye?

Where are all the appearance of bias people that wanted Willis disqualified?

I assume they will be here soon to say Justice Alito should be disqualified from the 1/6 cases?

I’ll just wait.

So upside down US flag at the Justice’s house and now allegedly another 1/6 flag at his vacation house?

Where is flag code @NorthernHawkeye?

Where are all the appearance of bias people that wanted Willis disqualified?

I assume they will be here soon to say Justice Alito should be disqualified from the 1/6 cases?

I’ll just wait.
This pos is a mainstream Republican domestic terrorist. The ENTIRE party is all in on this shit. The ones who aren't are Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney or left the party.

This pos is a mainstream Republican domestic terrorist. The ENTIRE party is all in on this shit. The ones who aren't are Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney or left the party.
Liz, Romney, Christie outed due to Trump's cancel culture.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT