ADVERTISEMENT

Should anti-vaxx parents be charged with child neglect? (Personal story)

Just like I don’t understand the people getting 6 Covid boosters and the flu shot every year. Should we call you the excessive-vaxx people and complain about you and your types?

How many covid vaccines and flu shots have you gotten since 2020?

So the same required vaccinations you had 50 years ago, that are still in effect today.......
Honestly, I wouldn't know because I'm not a public health expert. I've read about newer vaccines for things like chickenpox and Hep B, but I have no idea if public health departments are mandating those. I'm comfortable with whatever those current mandates are.

Why are you opposed to vaccinating school children?

Reactions: BrianNole777
Anti-vax parents should sign a waiver, that any vaccinable disease OR side effect from the communicable disease they or their kids need to be treated for will be paid 100% OOP in order to "skip" mandated vaccines.

No insurer needs to cover any of it.
No Medicaid
No Medicare

You want to skip the vaccines, then you sit at home and try Airborne or something for whatever ails you.

And any debt you rack up for care works like student debt - cannot be erased by bankrupcy. You owe those funds in perpetuity and your kids can inherit them.

Honestly, I wouldn't know because I'm not a public health expert. I've read about newer vaccines for things like chickenpox and Hep B, but I have no idea if public health departments are mandating those. I'm comfortable with whatever those current mandates are.

Why are you opposed to vaccinating school children?
I'm not. I'm opposed to not allowing children to attend school because they/their parents evaluated the risk of covid and decided not to take a trial injection.

Reactions: ICHerky
I don’t get the flu shot and neither do my kids or wife. We only got the first round of Covid shots. I’m not anti-vaxx.
You should stop worrying about what other people do with their lives OP.
Did your cousin or any of his family get hospitalized?

Anti-vax parents should sign a waiver, that any vaccinable disease OR side effect from the communicable disease they or their kids need to be treated for will be paid 100% OOP in order to "skip" mandated vaccines.

No Medicaid
No Medicare

You want to skip the vaccines, then you sit at home and try Airborne or something for whatever ails you.

And any debt you rack up for care works like student debt - cannot be erased by bankrupcy. You owe those funds in perpetuity and your kids can inherit them.
and i assume your proposal also includes a corresponding actuarial reduction in premium cost?

No Medicaid
No Medicare

And parents of children who die of mycarditis post exposure to the covid vaccine? Do they get to sue the balls off your beloved Pfizer?

It appears you are making it about you. You even said you interjected yourself into their decisions. Like it or not, it's their rights, their children and their consequences.
It's not just "their consequences". That's the whole point. There are people who - for medical reasons - can't get particular vaccinations. The larger the unvaxxed population, the greater risk those people are at. People who get preventable diseases who then seek treatment raise costs for everyone else. If they want to go unvaxxed, they should be masked when in public and if they get sick from a disease they could have avoided, they should have to post a bond to get treated.

No Medicaid
No Medicare

And any debt you rack up for care works like student debt - cannot be erased by bankrupcy. You owe those funds in perpetuity and your kids can inherit them........
Brought to you by Pfizer!!!

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
My anti-vaxx cousin and family (2 kids under age 8) are sick as dogs with the flu.

All are un-vaxxed and didn't get the flu shot. I tried to entourage them to get vaxxed to the max but they didn't want to.

I get the flu shot every October. I had 6 covid vaccines. No side effects. I think they all got 1 or 2 covid vaccines years ago because they were forced to.

I feel like anti-vaxx parents should get fined or deported if/when their un-vaxxed kids get sick.

What do you think?
Mind your own ****ing business. You seem alike the assholes in California that want to charge parents with negligence that refuse to give their children ADHD drugs.

Reactions: ICHerky
Unfortunately not. One of the smartest things the drug companies did early in the covid pandemic was get the United states government to release them from any liability.

That right there should have been the red flag that killed it, it Unfortunately was not.
It feels like you're peddling another conspiracy theory. After a quick google search I found some data that suggest contracting Covid19 is about six times more likely to cause myocarditis than the vaccine. So apparently it's not even a thing.

"Risk of complications after COVID‐19 vaccine versus with COVID‐19 infection: data were obtained from a national study in Israel. Each cohort consisted of more than 800 000 individuals. Relative risk for developing myocarditis after vaccine was 3.2, while it is 18.3 after getting COVID‐19."

It's not just "their consequences". That's the whole point. There are people who - for medical reasons - can't get particular vaccinations. The larger the unvaxxed population, the greater risk those people are at. People who get preventable diseases who then seek treatment raise costs for everyone else. If they want to go unvaxxed, they should be masked when in public and if they get sick from a disease they could have avoided, they should have to post a bond to get treated.

Masks? There are still people out there that think these actually do something to protect people? Dang there are some dumb and/or gullible people out there 🤣

• Haha
It feels like you're peddling another conspiracy theory. After a quick google search I found some data that suggest contracting Covid19 is about six times more likely to cause myocarditis than the vaccine. So apparently it's not even a thing.

"Risk of complications after COVID‐19 vaccine versus with COVID‐19 infection: data were obtained from a national study in Israel. Each cohort consisted of more than 800 000 individuals. Relative risk for developing myocarditis after vaccine was 3.2, while it is 18.3 after getting COVID‐19."
Covid has been found to cause myocarditis at a higher level than the vaccine. The vaccine has been found to cause higher levels of myocarditis than someone who does not get covid or the vaccine.

So, knowing the united states government stepped in and absolved pharma of liability, would you like to retract your statement on who should and shouldn't be making decisions based of school eligibility off a trial vaccine?

Covid has been found to cause myocarditis at a higher level than the vaccine. The vaccine has been found to cause higher levels of myocarditis than someone who does not get covid or the vaccine.

So, knowing the united states government stepped in and absolved pharma of liability, would you like to retract your statement on who should and shouldn't be making decisions based of school eligibility off a trial vaccine?
No. Not when at best the covid vaccines are a potential risk in only .000004 of the population (3.2/800,000).

No. Not when at best the covid vaccines are a potential risk in only .000004 of the population (3.2/800,000).
Thank you for providing that number. Could you also provide the mortality rate for school age children who had less than 2 additional comorbidities? What youbare going to find is that number is also astronomically low, so, then the conversation needs to take place on whether knowing you are putting your kid in minimal amount of risk is worse than knowing you are not going to vaccinated and taking the chance the kid will not get covid and thus have the lowest possibility of myocarditis. A conversation for the family, not some dude who thinks kids that are not* vaccinated shouldn't go to school.

Thank you for providing that number. Could you also provide the mortality rate for school age children who had less than 2 additional comorbidities? What youbare going to find is that number is also astronomically low, so, then the conversation needs to take place on whether knowing you are putting your kid in minimal amount of risk is worse than knowing you are not going to vaccinated and taking the chance the kid will not get covid and thus have the lowest possibility of myocarditis. A conversation for the family, not some dude who thinks kids that are not* vaccinated shouldn't go to school.
It's a public health decision, which is what I've stated from the start. Kids stand a greater chance of getting killed in a school bus accident than they do from a covid vaccine. You and the other anti vaxxers are just contrarians.

It's a public health decision, which is what I've stated from the start. Kids stand a greater chance of getting killed in a school bus accident than they do from a covid vaccine. You and the other anti vaxxers are just contrarians.
I'm not the one trying to say someone's kids shouldn't get to go to school.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT