ADVERTISEMENT

Should anti-vaxx parents be charged with child neglect? (Personal story)

Why do you keep saying this ridiculous line?
They aren't. Polio vaccine is a vaccine, MMR shot is a vaccine, tdap is a vaccine. They work and they last a long time.

Flu and COVID shots are just intended to mitigate risk, for some populations more than others. They're just helpers, they don't stop the spread or prevent the virus.

Reactions: TennNole17
They aren't. Polio vaccine is a vaccine, MMR shot is a vaccine, tdap is a vaccine. They work and they last a long time.

Flu and COVID shots are just intended to mitigate risk
They are still "vaccines".

Just because SOME viruses are "static" and do not mutate does not mean vaccines targeted at dynamic viruses are not vaccines.

They don’t in Iowa, at least not where we live.

Our kids are currently in both private and public schools - no jabs, no problem. The way it should be.
By shot records, I meant normal vaccines for young kids- chicken measles and such

Not Covid

And if you don't get vaccinated, your risks remain HIGHER when exposed.

You still do not seem to get this basic fact.
And you don't seem to understand here we are 3 years later and there are people who have never been exposed and their risk is much higher from the vaccine than it is for their day to day life.

It's that exposure thing isn't..... I feel.like we have had this conversation.

Flu and COVID shots are just intended to mitigate risk, for some populations more than others. They're just helpers, they don't stop the spread or prevent the virus.
They're still vaccines. You remind me of the patient who told me they weren't actually diabetic, the just had "the sugars".

They're still vaccines. You remind me of the patient who told me they weren't actually diabetic, the just had "the sugars".
You win, there are useful effective vaccines and somewhat effective less useful vaccines.

Someone who passes on the less useful mildly effective vaccines isn't an anti-vaxxer.

You win, there are useful effective vaccines and somewhat effective less useful vaccines.

Someone who passes on the less useful mildly effective vaccines isn't an anti-vaxxer.
Thank you for admitting your error. Trust me, I just saved you from looking really dumb in front of real people, not just anonymous GIAHORTians.

You're welcome.

Or you could have posed a relevant and interesting question. I award you no points.
You are unable to find the relevancy of finding a peer group when evaluating intelligence as a way of establishing how stupid us stupid Americans are?

Or

Are you still upset I made the MD DO joke and now you are acting like a child?

Either way, lighten up bud

Not so much, anymore. Kind of like claiming there are people "who have never been exposed" to flu.
Welll.... there are Joe, and you cannot deny that... and in America, you don't get to decide how other adults handle their care because you bought into the covid hysteria.

I feel like anti-vaxx parents should get fined or deported if/when their un-vaxxed kids get sick.

What do you think?
For not getting the flu shot? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cbs No GIF by HULU

For bringing known sick kids to school where others could catch whatever it is they have? Possibly. ;)

You have zero evidence to support it.

Most Americans have been exposed to Covid multiple times at this point.
You don't think there is evidence to support the statement that in our country of 330 million people, many of which live in remote areas, there are people who have not been exposed....

You are willing to say whatever you need to without basic common sense.

You bought in to the hysteria because covid was going to be your great reset that got basement dwellers like yourself back to even and you inundated yourself with propaganda hoping to be the SME on the illness that was going to take out all those terrible people... covid was a ****ing joke for the healthy population

You don't think there is evidence to support the statement that in our country of 330 million people, many of which live in remote areas, there are people who have not been exposed....
You want to focus on the "outliers", who live in caves? Sure.

To the folks who send their kids to public schools - the topic of this thread - not so much.

We are >100 years past the 1918 flu pandemic; we STILL recommend annual flu vaccines for people and I've gotten them since I was in college.

You want to focus on the "outliers", who live in caves? Sure.

To the folks who send their kids to public schools - the topic of this thread - not so much.

We are >100 years past the 1918 flu pandemic; we STILL recommend annual flu vaccines for people and I've gotten them since I was in college.
There is a large difference between recommendations and saying a kid shouldn't go to school and parents should go to jail over a vaccine.

The left is trying its ass off to hide the shit it said about people who made the decision to not get vaxxed, this isn't the first time jail has been suggested, and every day that goes by we learn more and more about what a ****ing sham covid was.

• Haha
Reactions: JWolf74
You bought in to the hysteria because covid was going to be your great reset
WTAF are you babbling about now?

Covid killed >1.2M Americans.
It still kills more Americans every year than in a "bad" flu year.

COVID-19-associated deaths based on reports on death certificates declined over 5-fold since their peak in 2020-2021 and are now at the same order of magnitude as estimated influenza deaths
COVID-19-associated deaths based on reports on death certificates declined over 5-fold since their peak in 2020-2021 and are now at the same order of magnitude as estimated influenza deaths
Year corresponding with start of influenza season (Oct. 1- Sept. 30)Reported COVID-19 deaths*Reported influenza deathsEstimated influenza deaths**Reported RSV deaths
2018-201907,18119,000–96,000243
2019-2020208,6019,43217,000–85,000345
2020-2021517,783876Not estimated85
2021-2022331,8852,8564,000–24,000396
2022-202389,5739,55918,000–97,000736
2023-2024 (through Feb. 17)32,949 to date5,854 to date17,000–50,000 to date587 to date

By shot records, I meant normal vaccines for young kids- chicken measles and such

Not Covid
Yeah, I think we turned in exemption forms when the two oldest started public school but nothing since. None of the kids have ever had any shots and we know quite a few families in the same boat (and there’s probably a bunch more too uncomfortable to admit it).

I don't think the flu vaccine is a very good metric for this discussion.

Measles would be a more appropriate discussion point.

If your kid doesn't get a measles vaccine you are a bad parent.
I see where health insurance companies are refusing to foot the bill for kids hospitalized with measles. Perhaps this will wake up the anti-vaxxers ridiculously opposed to even their kids measles' vaccine.

WTAF are you babbling about now?

Covid killed >1.2M Americans.
It still kills more Americans every year than in a "bad" flu year.

Year corresponding with start of influenza season (Oct. 1- Sept. 30)Reported COVID-19 deaths*Reported influenza deathsEstimated influenza deaths**Reported RSV deaths
2018-201907,18119,000–96,000243
2019-2020208,6019,43217,000–85,000345
2020-2021517,783876Not estimated85
2021-2022331,8852,8564,000–24,000396
2022-202389,5739,55918,000–97,000736
2023-2024 (through Feb. 17)32,949 to date5,854 to date17,000–50,000 to date587 to date

Covid associated deaths.... see they had to adjust the verbiage to that after they realized calling them covid deaths, while attributing that title to deaths that on average also contained 2.5 comorbidities was a zero end game for Biden. When they they needed the numbers to be high, those were covid deaths, now, they are covid associated deaths.

Covid was a joke for a healthy population, it did create a risk for people who were also dealing with 2-3 things that could have also killed them at any given moment.

Yeah, I think we turned in exemption forms when the two oldest started public school but nothing since. None of the kids have ever had any shots and we know quite a few families in the same boat (and there’s probably a bunch more too uncomfortable to admit it).
As this thread indicates, you’re immediately a loony toon if you don’t follow the norm

Reactions: HawkMD
I see where health insurance companies are refusing to foot the bill for kids hospitalized with measles.
They should legally be able to refuse payments. For kids who's parents "voluntarily" exempted them.

Pay OOP for your kids' care after his/her immune system can no longer recognize common bacteria or viruses.

Masks? There are still people out there that think these actually do something to protect people? Dang there are some dumb and/or gullible people out there 🤣
They work just like the ignore function. They offer others some protection against your stupidity. But you’re right…they can’t do a damn thing to protect you.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT