ADVERTISEMENT

Should I get Amazon Prime?

BrianNole09

HR Legend
May 8, 2005
I order from Amazon 1 to 4 times per month.

Is it worth it for me to get Amazon Prime?

TIA

Are you paying for shipping? Are you adding stuff that you don't need to your cart to get free shipping?

I order from Amazon 1 to 4 times per month.

Is it worth it for me to get Amazon Prime?

TIA
Yes, if you have it you'll find a lot more stuff you can just get from there you'd otherwise go to the store for. Short of groceries I get most of my household stuff on there these days. Simple dumb stuff like socks for example, if you have a bunch starting to wear out and it's time to re-up, with one click ordering it takes about a minute and they are on your doorstep two days later, and you never had to leave your house. Just my two cents...

I do prime, but we order a lot of things off amazon. Corvallis doesn't have a Walmart or Target, just a run down k mart and an overpriced Fred Meyer.

We will also do normal shipping for the pantry coupons to get free non-perishables and such.

Because it is suggested when you check out. $5.00-$7.00 depending on how much I order.

EDIT: You know its just normal folks delivering that stuff. They come in a normal car, Corolla or something lame, and drop it off.

Most of us don't have access to it

Because it is suggested when you check out. $5.00-$7.00 depending on how much I order.

EDIT: You know its just normal folks delivering that stuff. They come in a normal car, Corolla or something lame, and drop it off.
All my packages have been delivered by USPS or UPS/FedEx through Amazon prime.

When I need a "gadget", Amazon is what I compare every specific thing I'm considering buying.

I'd say 3 out of the 4 things like that I buy, I buy on Amazon. Usually, those 1 out of 4 I buy, I buy elsewhere because I need them "right now". And even then, I shop around online first to see where locally I can get it for less.

Example - best friend needed a new TV, wanted 55" 4K smart TV. Bought a Sony for $500 on Prime Day a couple weeks ago.

Best Buy had the set for $800 - then later that day dropped it to $600.

His house has 4 TV's...all bought on Amazon.

We just took on Netflix for the summer to catch up on some of our favorite series, but the rest of the year we just have Prime w/ the HBO add-on.

I've been on Prime for years and until the last couple years, never really even bothered with the streaming. For us, it's replaced the big box stores. About 8 years ago, there was a BJ's close to us that we used for bulk items and that location closed. Instead of moving to Sam's or Costco, we dropped it and went to Prime and used the "Subscribe & Save" feature. Now, the 13th of every month, I get whatever is up for that month - toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, dish/laundry detergent, coffee, peanut butter, you name it. It was a life saver back in the diaper and wipes days. Then it's just so easy to order from them that Amazon is always the default start of any online shopping trip just out of convenience (which is precisely what they want). It works for me.....but I do spend a ridiculous amount of money at Amazon.

I'm curious how the Whole Foods deal will work out. If I could get all my grocery staples delivered to the house a la Prime, then I'd really just be left with the produce and occasionally meat that I would prefer to pick out myself, so I could possibly move on from chain grocery and just get that stuff from butchers and farmers' markets.

In my opinion: Yes ... I pretty much order everything on Amazon (except food) ... I get work shoes, clothes, dog food, workout clothes ... I'm a huge fan of Amazon and they have terrific customer service ... Oh, and I enjoy access to the streaming with Prime membership ...

I have it but I'm thinking about getting rid of it. Wal-Mart will ship 2 days free without a membership, and Hulu and Netflix are both superior to Amazon streaming. Spotify is superior to their music service.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
I have been a prime member for years, it's worth it for me. Kindle, videos, 2 day shipping. I consider it a good investment.

We have it. If you have a wife or significant other, just be prepared to see multiple cardboard boxes on your porch everyday you get home from work

Reactions: unIowa
I do prime, but we order a lot of things off amazon. Corvallis doesn't have a Walmart or Target, just a run down k mart and an overpriced Fred Meyer.

We will also do normal shipping for the pantry coupons to get free non-perishables and such.
Nice town. I'm guessing you see a lot of Beavers out there?

eDNcTVu.jpg

Nice town. I'm guessing you see a lot of Beavers out there?
Pink beavers. And only when I open my eyes.

Reactions: dandh
I've been on Prime for years and until the last couple years, never really even bothered with the streaming. For us, it's replaced the big box stores. About 8 years ago, there was a BJ's close to us that we used for bulk items and that location closed. Instead of moving to Sam's or Costco, we dropped it and went to Prime and used the "Subscribe & Save" feature. Now, the 13th of every month, I get whatever is up for that month - toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, dish/laundry detergent, coffee, peanut butter, you name it. It was a life saver back in the diaper and wipes days. Then it's just so easy to order from them that Amazon is always the default start of any online shopping trip just out of convenience (which is precisely what they want). It works for me.....but I do spend a ridiculous amount of money at Amazon.

I'm curious how the Whole Foods deal will work out. If I could get all my grocery staples delivered to the house a la Prime, then I'd really just be left with the produce and occasionally meat that I would prefer to pick out myself, so I could possibly move on from chain grocery and just get that stuff from butchers and farmers' markets.

I've been using Jet for groceries -- they have very good prices and will even ship frozen and refrigerated items. At the rate I'm going I eventually will only have to leave my house for pleasure, and never to conduct business.

Reactions: hawkifann
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT