ADVERTISEMENT

Should I put money on Iowa?

BigNUFan51

Scout Team
Nov 29, 2015
Shocked Purdue is a 3point favorite against you guys. Easy money or am I missing something?

We are a Jekyll & Hyde type of team. We look good against some teams and poorly vs good teams.

Idk what to think of Purdue. They looked like us last year smoking OSU and then laying a gigantic turd the next week.

I wouldn’t touch this game w/a ten foot pole.

Reactions: HawkweyeinSATX
images

Ask Yourself when in the last 1 1/2 years an Iowa team QB'd by Nate Stanley went on the road and beat a GOOD team , Then decide .

Unranked team giving points to a ranked team, hardly ever turns out very well for the ranked team!

THE ORIGINAL HAWKS4LIFE

We are a Jekyll & Hyde type of team. We look good against some teams and poorly vs good teams.

Idk what to think of Purdue. They looked like us last year smoking OSU and then laying a gigantic turd the next week.

I wouldn’t touch this game w/a ten foot pole.

Guys, Stanley is hurt. This is too easy. If you play an unknown QB against Purdue, he always looks unreal. Ever heard of Gary godsey? Notre dames like 19th strong QB in the Brees era who led ND to a win? Against drew Brees...

And the more obscure the better. Basically, if you can give more reasons why they shouldn’t do a thing, they will hurt Purdue even more. And that’s in any era.

Has never played? Bingo, 300 yards. Walk on? Add a couple TDs. Not even a man... probably add 75 more yards. If you told me that they picked up your grandma after an epileptic seizure and she had to bring a walker onto the field I wouldn’t even be able to watch. I’d be sure granny would not only pass for 500, but her star would shine so bright that it would permanently blind Rondale Moore

Guys, Stanley is hurt. This is too easy. If you play an unknown QB against Purdue, he always looks unreal. Ever heard of Gary godsey? Notre dames like 19th strong QB in the Brees era who led ND to a win? Against drew Brees...

And the more obscure the better. Basically, if you can give more reasons why they shouldn’t do a thing, they will hurt Purdue even more. And that’s in any era.

Has never played? Bingo, 300 yards. Walk on? Add a couple TDs. Not even a man... probably add 75 more yards. If you told me that they picked up your grandma after an epileptic seizure and she had to bring a walker onto the field I wouldn’t even be able to watch. I’d be sure granny would not only pass for 500, but her star would shine so bright that it would permanently blind Rondale Moore

This is funny, because it is true for Iowa as well. LOL.

With that said. Having this knowledge, maybe we should be starting Mansell anyway.

This is funny, because it is true for Iowa as well. LOL.

With that said. Having this knowledge, maybe we should be starting Mansell anyway.

Or mansells Dad... or the greeter you saw at Walmart last month. All great choices LOL!

When someone says “hey guys! Opponent X has a hurt QB...” I immediately don’t read GBI until the game is over.

Ferentz is probably at McDonald’s right now like “who wants to take this ball and be a star against Purdue this week.” I’m gonna take the world war 2 vet with the senior coffee over the guy who salts the fries as your starter

You must not have seen Mansell. What little playing time he has had this year has not been impressive at all. Everyone likes to rag on Stanley and he was awful against PSU, but if Mansell starts we are DOOMED!

Reactions: Hawk fan in MN
No. Analytics show this game as a toss up.

That's just it though - if you really believe it should be a toss up, then you can choose between taking 3 points (doubtful the margin is less than 3, but what is Hawks lose 21-20?) and maybe sneak out a win OR you could take the Hawks moneyline which is probably around +130. I don't know if you know what that even means, but basically it is saying if you risk $100 on Iowa to win outright (no points added or subtracted for gambling purposes) then you win your $100 back plus $130. So risking $100 on a "coin flip" to have winnings of $130 seems very good odds to me.

My only rule when betting on football is....Never, I mean ever put $$$ on the hawkeyes.

I'd argue the Hawks are the perfect team to bet on and if you lose, double it. If you lose again, double it again. I can't remember the last time a KF team didn't pull out a can of whoop ass every third or fourth game. We are CONSISTENTLY inconsistent, and therefore hard to know when Iowa's going to roll or get rolled.

Props for the creativity of that post!

Reactions: BoilerFYF
It's a small sample, but Iowa's been the dog twice this year and lost both. I think they ended up covering, though.

Vegas lines:

Nate Stanley at QB: Purdue -2.5
2nd stringer: Iowa -7
3rd stringer: Iowa -12
Walk-on: Iowa - 35

This scenario has played out many, many times against the Hawks!

I think we lose this week and then anal rape jNW

That would be classic KF.

After the Purdue loss, we could come on here and read about how Iowa won't win another game all year and even Nebraska is going to take us to the wood shed.

Then after the NW pounding, we're headed to the 9-3 finish and a great bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT