ADVERTISEMENT

Hiring Of Sherrone Moore

bumper52

HR All-State
Nov 25, 2019
Ok, Moore was officially hired Jan. 26. Harbaugh was hired Jan 24. Help me out here. I was always under the impression that a job position had to be publically posted for either 10 days or 2 weeks. What am I missing? I know Kirk said something about posting the OC position for like 10 days.

Last edited:
Ok, Moore was officially hired Jan. 26. Harbaugh was hired Jan 2. Help me out here. I was always under the impression that a job position had to be publically posted for either 10 days or 2 weeks. What am I missing? I know Kirk said something about posting the OC position for like 10 days.
likely, the state of Michigan has different laws

Reactions: hawkdave007
Different states and different institutions have different rules. There isn't a US federal law about university hirings.
I wasn’t aware of that. I thought it was an NCAA thing regarding public institutions. Obviously, it isn’t.

I did find this on Michigan’s Recruitment and Employment policy.​

POSTING REQUIREMENT​

Regular openings of 50% effort or more (twenty hours or more on a standard work schedule) will be posted for a minimum of seven calendar days prior to being filled. Regular openings of less than 50 % effort (less than twenty hours on a standard work schedule) may be posted at the discretion of the unit.

Now Michigan has the most immature coach in the country in men's basketball and football 🤣

Ok, Moore was officially hired Jan. 26. Harbaugh was hired Jan 24. Help me out here. I was always under the impression that a job position had to be publically posted for either 10 days or 2 weeks. What am I missing? I know Kirk said something about posting the OC position for like 10 days.
In Michigan it is 7-10 days. However, you can apply for a waiver and in this case it was granted....my guess is because it was technically a promotion vs. a new hire.

Reactions: hawkdave007

I did find this on Michigan’s Recruitment and Employment policy.​

POSTING REQUIREMENT​

Regular openings of 50% effort or more (twenty hours or more on a standard work schedule) will be posted for a minimum of seven calendar days prior to being filled. Regular openings of less than 50 % effort (less than twenty hours on a standard work schedule) may be posted at the discretion of the unit.
HC of Michigan football is not regular

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT