ADVERTISEMENT

SI article on NIL

Cap it.... Make a rule that the most any college athlete can earn is $50K per year or something reasonable like that. Problem solved (Mostly) but this at least evens the playing field so fair judgment can be used when picking a school. If a kid knows he's gonna make the same no matter where he goes then all schools have even footing again...
There’s no way these kids are going to go from making millions to 50k. I just can’t see it going back. Contracts are already being signed with HSers. Wild.

Reactions: el dub
There’s no way these kids are going to go from making millions to 50k. I just can’t see it going back. Contracts are already being signed with HSers. Wild.
Well this is certainly going to be one of the many problems. Let me first say this though. Just think about what you just wrote. College kids getting free education and millions on top of that! Not going back to a pitiful 50K, LOL this is crazy $h!t right now.

So you basically have now professional athletes with no draft process, just a highest bidder. Some kids may be better off staying in school as long as possible! I could see that with many RB as it gets extremely difficult to be a star rusher in the NFL. Become a top college RB, go into portal, get best offer, have no expenses. Pretty sweet gig if you can get it!!!

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Well this is certainly going to be one of the many problems. Let me first say this though. Just think about what you just wrote. College kids getting free education and millions on top of that! Not going back to a pitiful 50K, LOL this is crazy $h!t right now.

So you basically have now professional athletes with no draft process, just a highest bidder. Some kids may be better off staying in school as long as possible! I could see that with many RB as it gets extremely difficult to be a star rusher in the NFL. Become a top college RB, go into portal, get best offer, have no expenses. Pretty sweet gig if you can get it!!!
So, you’re not a free market advocate?

Reactions: NCHawk5
So, you’re not a free market advocate?
Everyone wants to package this as free market. This is college sports though for the most part, at least right now. If we go back to the SMU days, and it just becomes, who can pay the most money. We destroy amateur sports and I believe many opportunities for kids as many teams will have to fold.

Yes the current system is not perfect, but just read what is taking place now. In Wrestling we are down to something like 80 D1 teams. Not sure how many can survive if this NIL crap continues?

I would ask you, what about HS? Should they also have NIL deals and a portal? Why or why not??

I guess I’m more of a free market advocate than most around these parts.

High school kids (minors) generally can’t enter or be bound by certain contracts due to age constraints I’m thinking? But the parents could, theoretically?

Steve-o could have made bank…

• Haha
Cap it.... Make a rule that the most any college athlete can earn is $50K per year or something reasonable like that. Problem solved (Mostly) but this at least evens the playing field so fair judgment can be used when picking a school. If a kid knows he's gonna make the same no matter where he goes then all schools have even footing again...
Why do you hate America?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT