ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Nick Brooks decomitted

Ripping on a teenager for having second thoughts about his commitment and blaming him for not sticking to it, or for not waiting to commit until he was 100%, is f*cking stupid and delusional. The kid is 17, he owes nothing to Iowa football, and this will be one of the biggest decisions of his life. I'd love to see some of the choices and decisions some of you made at 17.
I haven't seen him in person but from the photos and some film I've seen he looks like a fat turd.

Childish tactless response from another dipshit
Look I was trying to help You , most People would recommend a therapy dog or finger paints but I know the root cause of Your nastiness , I mean when You have a 300 lb goblin whose neck threw up eating hostess cup cakes and soiling herself while bankrupting You talking to Her true love on a 1-900 call line it can lead to stress, anger and feelings of inadequacy , it must be a heavy burden, go see the Sisters and get right before those marbles become weapons of mass destruction Superfan .

Reactions: SolarHawk
I get not wanting to play for this offense but for his sake, I really hope it wasn't so he could go to Texas Tech. Surely, that can't be it right? I get Alabama, PSU etc. etc. but Texas Tech? If it was the mid 2000s that would be one thing but Mike Leach ain't walking through that door again... obviously.

I get not wanting to play for this offense but for his sake, I really hope it wasn't so he could go to Texas Tech. Surely, that can't be it right? I get Alabama, PSU etc. etc. but Texas Tech? If it was the mid 2000s that would be one thing but Mike Leach ain't walking through that door again... obviously.
Apparently Colorado has been in contact recently as well.

When he committed, there is video showing him being asked if he would still take other visits. He responded that he was definitely going to keep his options open.

3:00 mark

These kids need a good kick in the a$k. If you aren't 100% sure where you want to go to college, don't commit. There is no need to rush, especially someone in the class of 2025. Why was he committed at all? Secondly, if you stupidly committed too early, there is no need to decommit, unless and until you know for sure you made a mistake and know where you want to go instead. You just make yourself look moronic and unserious.
Go kick him in the ass tough guy.

I don't really get too excited about recruiting one way or the other because aside from the few obvious talents in the pool every year, everyone else is basically a crap shoot. Especially offensive linemen where the two tangible numbers that everyone has access to are height and weight. I think we all know about the many success stories at Iowa where a TE is developed into a NFL linemen so I don't have to repeat that, but that is not by chance. You cannot develop height and honestly, you really cannot develop athleticism either, but you can surely develop weight and strength. Case in point on my kids HS JV team they have a linemen with all the cred: 6'5", 295, not white and looks the part. Anybody would look at that roster with him on it and say that he is going to be a problem. But he routinely gets benched for a couple of white kids that are barely over 6' and not even cracking 185 lbs. It is because he is slow and soft. And god bless him because his dad is the real deal, ex-player with a mean streak constantly vocalizing and encouraging the whole team and him, coaching him up, taking him to camps, all of it.

My point is, unless you are over 6'5" and 300 lbs. and you can jump out of a swimming pool in waist deep water, I am not going to get excited if you commit, decommit or even get an offer.

Indeed, and no player is ever committed- even after he signs, Every time a player signs and suits up for a team, it's simply a "test run". If he doesn't like way the car drives, he's on to another. Sometimes they take off before even getting to spring practice,
Everybody is out there trying to poach until the signatures are in.

That’s the way it works now, totally free agency.

I wouldn't get too excited about anything when it comes to the roster until August no matter what “good news” you think is occurring.

Reactions: onionman1
Hard to block when the defense knows they don’t need to defend the pass.
As accurate as that is, what’s the bottom line here??

Answer: The OL is a bad unit and, unless Barnett is fired, some development starts to occur out of the blue, and the new OC knows how to field a decent well-rounded O, it will continue on performing poorly. That’s not fun for anyone involved.

He has a lot of room for improvement to put it nicely.
I saw him and outside of his size was not impressed. He was kind of slow and didn't dominate but one run play. He stood out and was easy to watch. I went away unimpressed, not a impacting loss IMO. Maybe by year 3 he would be ready but not early on.

Reactions: shudaddy
Not a fan of criticizing individual players at the HS or College levels.
They are under a lot of pressure the way it is.
We need to leave him alone and wish him well wherever he winds up.

Along those lines, I don't think our OLinemen are inadequate; as far as I am concerned the problem is the antiquated offensive scheme. They are in a no win situation.

Not a fan of criticizing individual players at the HS or College levels.
They are under a lot of pressure the way it is.
We need to leave him alone and wish him well wherever he winds up.

Along those lines, I don't think our OLinemen are inadequate; as far as I am concerned the problem is the antiquated offensive scheme. They are in a no win situation.
Totally agree.

I wonder how many of those in this thread who have complained about not getting great recruits or losing recruits have dug into their wallets and joined SWARM?

My experience is that most complainers never put a penny into the NIL pool.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Wasn’t it not all that long ago he committed to Iowa? Why not just wait? Likes the press coverage?

In the world that we are in now, each team looks at needs and puts prices on filling those needs. What are the priorities and do we need to pay to fill those spots. Who knows who has been talking to who.

I wonder how many of those in this thread who have complained about not getting great recruits or losing recruits have dug into their wallets and joined SWARM?

My experience is that most complainers never put a penny into the NIL pool.
Brian should literally donate his entire salary through some intermediary to the NIL Pool.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT