ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Nick Brooks decomitted

I watched him play when CR Kennedy played Dubuque Hempstead in late September or early October, and I was completely shocked by his lack of aggressiveness, lack of speed, lack of enthusiasm, and his robotic movements. The only thing that stood out was his monster size. Yes, he did bulldoze the poor guy he was blocking, but all his standing around otherwise just got to me. Yes, Kennedy whallopped Hempstead, but Hempstead was not exactly a powerhouse.. I really think Iowa didn't lose a thing when he decommitted. I honestly think this kid would have been a liability. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

Last edited:
Gotta love posters that talk crap about a prospect or its not a loss if one decommits that's multiple years from getting to iowa. Ya, i mean, a soph or junior in high school should already look like he can play at iowa. You have no idea if he'll be a bust or not based on anything right now. he could get to iowa and with the right training, could be the next all american. you recruit the unlimited potential for him. and if every other program is offering, then ya, he's worth going after even if he looks slow or uninterested. And who knows, he may want to re-commit to the good guys so stop with the hate. he's got what 2 years yet anyways

I watched the Kennedy/Cedar Falls playoff game as the winner was going to play SEP; watched Brooks on many plays. He truly is massive, but often slow and awkward. Also seemed to wear down as the game went on.
He looked to me like he'd be a project. Here's the game, judge for yourself:
Knocked on his butt at the 37:00 mark, more clumsy plays follow. He's a project...

I watched the Kennedy/Cedar Falls playoff game as the winner was going to play SEP; watched Brooks on many plays. He truly is massive, but often slow and awkward. Also seemed to wear down as the game went on.
He looked to me like he'd be a project. Here's the game, judge for yourself:
He sure is not going to be a starter right away based on what you see in these games. He has some work to do.

He sure is not going to be a starter right away based on what you see in these games. He has some work to do.
The guy is a monster. Does he have some work to with his quickness and transforming his body? Clearly. And Bama and GA and those schools don’t offer guys just for being big. We should look at him as what he could be in the future. Most Frosh don’t step right in on the line and start anyways. Now if he’s a bust down the road somewhere else fine. But with our line play the last 3 years it’s clearly a position of need.

Reactions: Bearhawk0505

GJxfAmNXcAArYV6

With Iowa's recent history with everyone not named Tyler Linderbaum...any high school lineman is a potential day 1 starter.

From what I hear around the water cooler, the kid has trouble making it to class and had to burn ineligibility during indoor track. I know this isn't the end all but it might be tough to get him cleared by the NCAA clearing house.

From what I hear around the water cooler, the kid has trouble making it to class and had to burn ineligibility during indoor track. I know this isn't the end all but it might be tough to get him cleared by the NCAA clearing house.
Sounds like a recipe for success in the SEC.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT