ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Nick Brooks decomitted

giphy.gif

These kids need a good kick in the a$k. If you aren't 100% sure where you want to go to college, don't commit. There is no need to rush, especially someone in the class of 2025. Why was he committed at all? Secondly, if you stupidly committed too early, there is no need to decommit, unless and until you know for sure you made a mistake and know where you want to go instead. You just make yourself look moronic and unserious.

I can't blame him, I mean why would anybody with any talent want to come to Iowa and play offense? It is the laughing stock of college football
Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about. There are more Hawkeyes in the NFL than they have a right to have because of Iowa's program. There isn't a better place for an offensive lineman in the country if he wants to play in the league. Iowa's offensive offense is due to a lack of talent and a bad scheme not player development.

These kids need a good kick in the a$k. If you aren't 100% sure where you want to go to college, don't commit. There is no need to rush, especially someone in the class of 2025. Why was he committed at all? Secondly, if you stupidly committed too early, there is no need to decommit, unless and until you know for sure you made a mistake and know where you want to go instead. You just make yourself look moronic and unserious.
It is just possible that the kid is getting more than a fair share of crap from his friends about committing to the absolute train wreck that is the Iowa offense. Peer pressure can can be a powerful influence on a teenager.

For sure. Unless he was really into Brian, why not wait until next season and see how the offense turns out?

Ripping on a teenager for having second thoughts about his commitment and blaming him for not sticking to it, or for not waiting to commit until he was 100%, is f*cking stupid and delusional. The kid is 17, he owes nothing to Iowa football, and this will be one of the biggest decisions of his life. I'd love to see some of the choices and decisions some of you made at 17.

I have watched him. He is a very good run blocker, but not sure he could pass block well at the T position at the next level. I was more impressed with Proctor’s feet when I saw him play. Good luck to the kid. Hope he gets a good chunk of $$$ for his family. I vaguely know his situation, and from what I know it would help them tremendously.

It is just possible that the kid is getting more than a fair share of crap from his friends about committing to the absolute train wreck that is the Iowa offense. Peer pressure can can be a powerful influence on a teenager.
Or he is getting a crapload of money offered to him from other spots...or the kid is not real stable when it comes to decision making.....and MAYBE he is over rated to begin with.

Reactions: ICHerky and kkhawk
Or he is getting a crapload of money offered to him from other spots...or the kid is not real stable when it comes to decision making.....and MAYBE he is over rated to begin with.
When I first saw his tweet, that he had "talked with his family" before decomitting I just assumed he's getting some major cash from somewhere else. I can't and won't hate on that. That's the way recruiting is nowadays.

life goes on...there are probably 40 kids like him in Georgia, 50 in Texas, and 30 in Florida. He was most likely 3 years away from probably starting at Iowa anyway. Contrary to fan belief recruits like B. Ferentz and I have heard many OL recruits really like Barnett as a person and coach. Writing is on the wall. there will probably be more changes on the Offensive side of the ball heading forward. first Signing day is in what 5 weeks too.

When I first saw his tweet, that he had "talked with his family" before decomitting I just assumed he's getting some major cash from somewhere else. I can't and won't hate on that. That's the way recruiting is nowadays.
Probably what it is. If they need the money and they can get it elsewhere then he should go for it. Hope his family members he is discussing with have his best interests in mind and not some short term gain.

Just stop. You have no idea what you are talking about. There are more Hawkeyes in the NFL than they have a right to have because of Iowa's program. There isn't a better place for an offensive lineman in the country if he wants to play in the league. Iowa's offensive offense is due to a lack of talent and a bad scheme not player development.
Iowa has one of the worst OL coaches in Power 5. They've been below average for quite a few years. My guess is the guy didn't think OL are coached up enough (look at how poorly the 4 stars on the OL are currently performing after 3 years in the starting lineup).

Iowa will continue to lose recruits on offense until it restructures the coaching staff. No one wants to play for these guys.

Ripping on a teenager for having second thoughts about his commitment and blaming him for not sticking to it, or for not waiting to commit until he was 100%, is f*cking stupid and delusional. The kid is 17, he owes nothing to Iowa football, and this will be one of the biggest decisions of his life. I'd love to see some of the choices and decisions some of you made at 17.
And I'd love to see Iowa win a f***ing national championship............

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT