ADVERTISEMENT

Siebrecht a Hawk

Congrats to Cobe. Looks like he is wrestling 138 this year. Does he project at 141?

Welcome aboard young man I hope you do well. If you dont there will be a small handfull of Hawk and a bunch of “other fans” on this forum bad mouthing you so good luck. I apologize for them in advance and would like you and your family to know Most of us including myself will have your back either way. Again Best of Luck.

And yes I know he will prob never see this.

Was Jessie Whitmer considered a room guy? You never know.

Edit, adding quote from Whitmer:
"And for me, it is great that people still remember that victory (1997 NCAA title). I tell other people if it motivates somebody else to do something great then you have accomplished something or if it keeps somebody around the room that maybe didn't think they'd get a shot and then get their opportunity later on, that is great."

Last edited:
Welcome aboard young man I hope you do well. If you dont there will be a small handfull of Hawk and a bunch of “other fans” on this forum bad mouthing you so good luck. I apologize for them in advance and would like you and your family to know Most of us including myself will have your back either way. Again Best of Luck.

And yes I know he will prob never see this.

I don't think anyone bad mouths any kid who is brought in with low expectations or to be a room guy. I have never seen a bad word about Glosser. Heck Carter Happel is way more accomplished and he has been left alone for the most part.

However if you are highly ranked like a Nick Moore and don't live up to expectations it can go ugly. Or if you really shouldn't even be starting but you are because of the staffs inability to recruit a hole like a Mike Kelly type than it also can not be so pleasant.

This isn't any different than any other sport, including Iowa and Penn State football. Heck I still get angry every time I think or hear the name Matt Sherman or Jake Christensen!!

So please don't pretend the Iowa wrestling board invented this fandom.

Nothing personal and not necessarily specific to this post but your best contributions to this forum tend to be when you decide to stop posting for a long time after you go on one of your negative overloads. I can be a negative kind of a person at times myself but man you win the prize. Even if you have some validity in some of the points, that damn horse died a long time ago.

I don't think anyone bad mouths any kid who is brought in with low expectations or to be a room guy. I have never seen a bad word about Glosser. Heck Carter Happel is way more accomplished and he has been left alone for the most part.

However if you are highly ranked like a Nick Moore and don't live up to expectations it can go ugly. Or if you really shouldn't even be starting but you are because of the staffs inability to recruit a hole like a Mike Kelly type than it also can not be so pleasant.

This isn't any different than any other sport, including Iowa and Penn State football. Heck I still get angry every time I think or hear the name Matt Sherman or Jake Christensen!!

So please don't pretend the Iowa wrestling board invented this fandom.
I am not trying to pretend anything I am just trying to represent the cesspool the best way we can :confused: anyway it was aimed mostly towards our sometimes entertaining lion friends.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ihawkd9times
Nothing personal and not necessarily specific to this post but your best contributions to this forum tend to be when you decide to stop posting for a long time after you go on one of your negative overloads. I can be a negative kind of a person at times myself but man you win the prize. Even if you have some validity in some of the points, that damn horse died a long time ago.

I just answered an honest question with an honest answer. I didn't belittle the kid. Im sure he knows who he is and where he is at right now. It is what it is and any kid that isn't a high nationally ranked kid I will always consider a room guy. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Ya know there is a lot of pride in being a room guy and even surviving in that room. My hats off to those kids and every top program needs top room guys. But the honest answer to an honest question is still the same.

When did being a room guy become so negative?

I cant help what you may perceive.

I just answered an honest question with an honest answer. I didn't belittle the kid. Im sure he knows who he is and where he is at right now. It is what it is and any kid that isn't a high nationally ranked kid I will always consider a room guy. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Ya know there is a lot of pride in being a room guy and even surviving in that room. My hats off to those kids and every top program needs top room guys. But the honest answer to an honest question is still the same.

It is just a dcickhead way to frame it.

Reactions: Chuck C
Don't know if some guys are actually Hawkeye wrestling fans or just negative troll's posing as Hawk fans. Regardless Iowa has a very distinct saying..."Iron sharpens Iron:, I wish him the best of luck and hope he continues to work hard and living his dream of being a Hawkeye wrestler.

Last edited:

To be honest, I don't think you know either way. Sure, you can play the percentages and are probably right but I do see some upside with this kid. He is a #16 kind of guy and is growing and making gains. Majored Wyatt Henson this year. Last year around this time, Reeves was ranked 18...all of a sudden he is #1. I'm not saying to pretend that every guy that signs with Iowa is going to be an AA or see the lineup. However, some guys you know (either way) and there are some guys we are not sure...I think this is the case with him.

He looks to have a longer frame and not cement feet so that is a great start. :)

To be honest, I don't think you know either way. Sure, you can play the percentages and are probably right but I do see some upside with this kid. He is a #16 kind of guy and is growing and making gains. Majored Wyatt Henson this year. Last year around this time, Reeves was ranked 18...all of a sudden he is #1. I'm not saying to pretend that every guy that signs with Iowa is going to be an AA or see the lineup. However, some guys you know (either way) and there are some guys we are not sure...I think this is the case with him.
This could be our next Dan Dennis, I think we all would love that!

Reactions: Chuck C
I will relate a quick story about Dean Morrison out of a school where I coached. Dean never even made the NY State Tournament!

Back then you had to win your County Tourn.(our qualifier) to make Sates. Dean went on to West Virginia and was an NCAA Champion!!!

So making a stupid statement about a kid is just that, STUPID!!!

We all get he is not a Spencer Lee type recruit, yes we can read the rankings too! That being said, many have gone on to surpass what "arm chair quarterbacks" predict!!!

So honestly, the question about room guys is getting kind of old!!! You can see the rankings too. Maybe if you are not a big follower of HS Wrestling you could ask about the kids background and people could be honest about how he has done, his rankings, and if they follow him close, how he has improved!

Also I get the whole "this is a message board" BS!!! I hear it enough about Yankees fans being so great and passionate as they scream curses at the players in the drunk and stupor!!! 95% never played a real sport in their lives and know sh*t about the game!!!

Last edited:
I will relate a quick story about Dean Morrison out of a school where I coached. Dean never even made the NY State Tournament!

Back then you had to win your County Tourn.(our qualifier) to make Sates. Dean went on to West Virginia and was an NCAA Champion!!!

We all get he is not a Spencer Lee type recruit, yes we can read the rankings too! That being said, many have gone on to surpass what "arm chair quarterbacks" predict!!!

So honestly, the question about room guys is getting kind of old!!! You can see the rankings too. Maybe if you are not a big follower of HS Wrestling you could ask about the kids background and people could be honest about how he has done, his rankings, and if they follow him close, how he has improved!

Also I get the whole "this is a message board" BS!!! I hear it enough about Yankees fans being so great and passionate as they scream curses at the players in the drunk and stooper!!! 95% never played a real sport in their lives and know sh*t about the game!!!

Drunken stupor? Lol

Reactions: IRONBIRD

Also I get the whole "this is a message board" BS!!! I hear it enough about Yankees fans being so great and passionate as they scream curses at the players in the drunk and stooper!!! 95% never played a real sport in their lives and know sh*t about the game!!!

Room guy stuff is an insult or maybe fuel to the fire, but you crossed the line with Yankees. Total lies and you’ve been reported.

Reactions: Huck and Grip220
Every wrestler in that room is a "room guy", and they are ALL valuable, which is constantly acknowledged here by pretty much everybody. I don't get the sensitivity.

Room guy stuff is an insult or maybe fuel to the fire, but you crossed the line with Yankees. Total lies and you’ve been reported.

LOL, yea it is like a big on going never ending joke. You hear on sports radio how great and knowledgeable the fans are. Meanwhile they are cursing and screaming, at their players, the other teams players, other fans the Popcorn girl. You go their with your family and who wants to hear some A-hole cursing at a player 500 feet away?

"You F-in suck your F-in a-hole, what the hell you swinging at??? Get some F-in glasses you piece of sh*t!!!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT