ADVERTISEMENT

Slow Joe again

I'll give you its about perspective, but you can't really make an argument that lots are getting in if we don't know how many are getting in, yet we're led to think that everyone crossing has nefarious intentions. Seems like a scare tactic.

Why aren't we just as concerned with domestic terrorist and school shootings? Those seem to be much more quantifiable then maybe some foreigners coming to do the same, which isn't making the news like domestic bad actors.

I don’t agree that we are led to believe everyone crossing has nefarious intentions. On the contrary, I believe the great majority of people crossing the boarder have honest intentions for bettering their lives. That being said, we saw what 19 people and 4 planes with bad intentions are capable of. That’s not a scare tactic (you could’ve possibly said that on 9/10/01, but not 9/12/01).

Do I concern myself with school shootings, of course but I don’t blame other people that have guns, just the people that use them against others.

This may sound like a double standard, but you are letting in hundreds of thousands of people every month.

How many TERRORIST attacks have we had where the perpetrator has been known to "walk" across an unsecured southern border?

Have we had some of these people come over and commit crimes, absolutely, but we also have Americans committing the same crimes. I'm talking confirmed TERRORISTS who have carried out, or been stopped from carrying out an attack.
Waay too many people crossing the border and simply being allowed to stay

U.S. released more than 2.3 million migrants at border since 2021, data show.

FAIR now estimates that there were at least 15.5 million illegal alien residents as of the beginning of 2022. This estimate takes into account drastic, ongoing increases in illegal immigration under the Biden administration. This estimate also includes some categories of individuals without legal status, like DACA recipients and parolees, who are illegal aliens under law but misleadingly excluded from many estimates.

According to Customs and Border Protection data, the number of undocumented immigrant crossings at the southwest border for fiscal year 2022 topped 2.76 million, breaking the previous annual record by more than 1 million 1. However, this number only represents the number of people who were caught crossing the border illegally and does not account for those who were not caught.

A tiny fraction of those actually qualify for asylum, furthermore people claiming asylum should do so at the 1st country the enter after leaving wherever they came from.

The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers | 2023 Cost Study​

Key Highlights

• At the start of 2023, the net cost of illegal immigration for the United States – at the federal, state, and local levels – was at least $150.7 billion.
  • FAIR arrived at this number by subtracting the tax revenue paid by illegal aliens – just under $32 billion – from the gross negative economic impact of illegal immigration, $182 billion.
  • In 2017, the estimated net cost of illegal migration was approximately $116 billion. In just 5 years, the cost to Americans has increased by nearly $35 billion.
  • Illegal immigration costs each American taxpayer $1,156 per year ($957 after factoring in taxes paid by illegal aliens).
  • Each illegal alien or U.S.-born child of illegal aliens costs the U.S. $8,776 annually.
  • Evidence shows that tax payments by illegal aliens cover only around a sixth of the costs they create at all levels in this country.
  • A large percentage of illegal aliens who work in the underground economy frequently avoid paying any income tax at all.
  • Many illegal aliens actually receive a net cash profit through refundable tax credit programs.

This madness must stop we have gone past the point of this being sustainable as it is, reversing the flow of illegals is our only hope.

Reactions: Finance85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT