ADVERTISEMENT

SNL is still crushing it after all these years.

Yeah. The premise of the skits were all pretty good but didn’t connect the way they should have. They could have made the game show one with the pictures way better. Fell flat. Same with the Jamaican church. And the inter office dating one.
They need fewer game show skits. Limit it to one every other show.

I’ve been a dawg since 2019 right when the SNL stuff was going down

Monologue was nice but the skits were pretty much all shit in my opinion. They should have just made it a 90-min Gilly and Keeves episode lol.
Gilly and Keeves is great but a lot of it might not make the network cut. Bold of you to out yourself as a dawg my friend. I would never ever refer to myself as a dawg or a Skank or a cum boy or most especially an old O&A fan in public (for instance I would never say yes to the opportunity to have a conversation with a random fellow Nick Mullen fan for my own safety), but I can see if someone is listening to those podcasts regularly how last night was not the same as the pods. I moved on from comedy pods about 1.5 years into WFH because I was out of dopamine and now I watch them the same way I usually watch SNL which is where I wait for the good parts to get clipped by fans and uploaded.

Gilly and Keeves is great but a lot of it might not make the network cut. Bold of you to out yourself as a dawg my friend. I would never ever refer to myself as a dawg or a Skank or a cum boy or most especially an old O&A fan in public (for instance I would never say yes to the opportunity to have a conversation with a random fellow Nick Mullen fan for my own safety), but I can see if someone is listening to those podcasts regularly how last night was not the same as the pods. I moved on from comedy pods about 1.5 years into WFH because I was out of dopamine and now I watch them the same way I usually watch SNL which is where I wait for the good parts to get clipped by fans and uploaded.
I regularly listen to MSSP, but that's only an hour pod once a week. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that lol.

I've never listened to Legion of Skanks. I also had to look up cum boy, which was scary, but I've never listened to that crew either. I like Stavros though.

I just love the balance of Matt and Shane. Lameezy is great too. I went to see McCusker's stand-up here in Denver last year and thought it was really good for just getting serious about it.

Reactions: fivecardstud14
Pretty much nailed these cowards. It’s legit sad.

I saw some complaints that the cold open wasn’t funny. That’s the point. There’s nothing funny about these losers completely selling out just to keep their seat. They’ve enabled one of the most destructive individuals in close to a century and the nation has suffered tremendously as a consequence.

I regularly listen to MSSP, but that's only an hour pod once a week. I'm not at all ashamed to admit that lol.

I've never listened to Legion of Skanks. I also had to look up cum boy, which was scary, but I've never listened to that crew either. I like Stavros though.

I just love the balance of Matt and Shane. Lameezy is great too. I went to see McCusker's stand-up here in Denver last year and thought it was really good for just getting serious about it.
I don't know what they're like now (for real must have hit my 10,000 hours of listening to comedy pods and now I can't do it), but Legion of Skanks used to be pretty wild. It was much bigger than Shane at one point and helped grown Shane's following when he became a regular guest. Shane has lapped them quite a bit now. I did check out some of the comments from Shane's videos and the one thing that hadn't changed is those O&A/LOS/MSSP/Cumtown fans should probably be lightly surveilled by the government. We should be on a list. If we have ever written more than three sentences of posts about free speech and comedy, our phones should probably be monitored once AI is capable enough.

Whole first special has 24 million views where he released it on YouTube:
He still sucks. I have funnier conversations with my friends. Shit is embarrassingly simple and just stupid. I don’t know what comedians you’re watching, but dude is simple and clumsy. I bet he makes George Carlin and Richard Pryor happy that they’re dead and Bill Burr want to join them. ****ing horrible. Just my opinion.

He still sucks. I have funnier conversations with my friends. Shit is embarrassingly simple and just stupid. I don’t know what comedians you’re watching, but dude is simple and clumsy. I bet he makes George Carlin and Richard Pryor happy that they’re dead and Bill Burr want to join them. ****ing horrible. Just my opinion.
I would bet Bill Burr appreciates Shane Gillis's obvious talent. I bet Pryor and Carlin would prefer Gillis's work to your hero worship. Hey Sans, have you ever tried a racial joke that bombed and made people suspect you had weird racial views and then thought "I bet Patrice would have got what I was trying to do."

I would bet Bill Burr appreciates Shane Gillis's obvious talent. I bet Pryor and Carlin would prefer Gillis's work to your hero worship. Hey Sans, have you ever tried a racial joke that bombed and made people suspect you had weird racial views and then thought "I bet Patrice would have got what I was trying to do."

My expectations were really low for last night after seeing so many right wingers posting enthusiastically about this guy on twitter. He was pretty good. I couldn’t get through more than about 4 minutes of the monologue but other than that the show was good. It would have been interesting to see him as a cast member but that didn’t happen.

My expectations were really low for last night after seeing so many right wingers posting enthusiastically about this guy on twitter. He was pretty good. I couldn’t get through more than about 4 minutes of the monologue but other than that the show was good. It would have been interesting to see him as a cast member but that didn’t happen.

Comedy fans and especially right wing comedy fans are a certain breed of weird. A lot of them were pretty certain they were going to get free speech enshrined in the constitution in the 2010s. Gillis is edgy and pushes the line, but the bit he got fired for was him kind of playing what he knows to be a stupid racist as a part of a bit on his then very obscure podcast. It wasn't obviously not a sincere representation of his beliefs. Shane didn't fight it and just accepted it and moved on and has still developed a following just be being a talented comedian that other successful comedians appreciate and help give opportunities to. That SNL firing had galvanized weird parts of the comedy nerd community against the big business of popular entertainment and into another group of weirdos who can't put two and two together on the limitations of having poorly regulated capitalism ultimately obviously resulting in consolidating media control into a smaller and smaller amount of people who take fewer risks with art. Shane Gillis is, unfortunately for Shane, an avatar for a lot of those guys. I think he's a very talented and still pretty young comedian who has a point of a view and great instincts for comedy.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Give "Live From Austin" a chance. It's his first special, about 45-50 minutes. He released for free on YouTube, 24 million views. Much better opportunity to see his stand up than what he can get away with on SNL at this point in his career. Has a great chunk on living at home with his Dad during COVID and his Dad being a Fox News dad. One of the best debut specials I've seen:

Former SNL head writer talks about saving mediocre sketches

Seth Meyers on Saving “SNL” Sketches

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT