ADVERTISEMENT

So how long?

Love this....I mean in Iowa women’s wrestling makes more sense than say rowing.... not wanting to see any programs dropped but....so far I’ve only seen smaller division colleges doing it.... maybe starting out all the women’s programs could be lumped together in one division see if it grows.....love the idea of it being freestyle too.... great news ... great for the sport

If Iowa went into women's wrestling in a big way, we could dominate it. We've got the talent, and we could draw top talent from the rest of the country before the other big universities get a clue.

If Iowa went into women's wrestling in a big way, we could dominate it. We've got the talent, and we could draw top talent from the rest of the country before the other big universities get a clue.
An Iowa women’s wrestling team would also probably sell more tickets than anywhere else.... hell I’d buy season tickets.... what better way to promote the sport than have a fan base that would support it

Definitely a good development both for women & the sport of wrestling. Of course Foley could not resist the temptation to pursue his own personal agenda. Whatever style of wrestling is chosen is fine with me. Foley erred, IMO, by using this announcement to pit folk v. free rather than put the focus on the athletes & the opening of the possibilities for these female wrestlers.

Reactions: rcamp67

Until Cael decided to start a team!!!:rolleyes:

All that money and no females on the NLWC roster.

Hey man, I thought I explained that to you last year . . .
1 Timothy 2:9-11
"Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works. Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness."
;)

Reactions: cidhawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT