ADVERTISEMENT

So the hawks lost to a Frosh QB with an $8 million NIL deal; no wonder our offense is behind

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I saw this posted and I checked it out. Seems like Force Factor, which I have never really heard about, is throwing money at this kid. Good for him, terrible for college football when a frosh who has never played a down gets any NIL money when NIL is meant to reward players for their college on the field prowess.

Iowa, I highly doubt, will ever go to these payments heights by the SWARM.

Can you see Iowa joining this type of bidding war? Thoughts?

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
We need a better return on investment with what NIL money we gave some players this year. so far we have gotten very little in return for the hundreds of thousands of NIL money spent this season, that's for sure!

I saw this posted and I checked it out. Seems like Force Factor, which I have never really heard about, is throwing money at this kid. Good for him, terrible for college football when a frosh who has never played a down gets any NIL money when NIL is meant to reward players for their college on the field prowess.

Iowa, I highly doubt, will ever go to these payments heights by the SWARM.

Can you see Iowa joining this type of bidding war? Thoughts?
Let's just admit the kid looked pretty damned good. He'll have the Vols competing for a national championship while he's on campus. He had a good group of teammates around him that played complementary football. Worth $8 mil? Time will tell.

this whole NIL situation has turned into a complete sh!t show…
It’s designed to gove current players an opportunity to make a few bucks while ALREADY ON CAMPUS! Not a bidding war for HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS TO COME TO YOUR PROGRAM!!
At this point it’s turning into minor league FB for the top players even before they go to the pros! Think about this… there are high school players who have never played a down in college making more money than NFL draft picks! That is fvcking messed up .
Brock Purdy who is an NFL MVP candidate is making less than this frosh at Tennessee!?!? Wtf are we doing here? Just a complete fvcking joke . Ruining college sports and I for one will never donate one fvcking dime to a high school football player to come to Iowa. Sorry .

We need a better return on investment with what NIL money we gave some players this year. so far we have gotten very little in return for the hundreds of thousands of NIL money spent this season, that's for sure!
Nick Jackson says pick up the football and start running

attachment-jackson.jpg

Worth every penny of his $400k

attachment-GettyImages-1699946397.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mlb1399
People saying that NIL is meant for rewarding on field play or for players who are already on campus, where did you get that?

Top recruits are demanding top dollar in a free market. That has been the case from Day 1 of NIL.

Reactions: wadeo24
People saying that NIL is meant for rewarding on field play or for players who are already on campus, where did you get that?

Top recruits are demanding top dollar in a free market. That has been the case from Day 1 of NIL.
It is the way the NFL used to be with new draftees getting paid the high dollars.

this whole NIL situation has turned into a complete sh!t show…
It’s designed to gove current players an opportunity to make a few bucks while ALREADY ON CAMPUS! Not a bidding war for HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS TO COME TO YOUR PROGRAM!!
At this point it’s turning into minor league FB for the top players even before they go to the pros! Think about this… there are high school players who have never played a down in college making more money than NFL draft picks! That is fvcking messed up .
Brock Purdy who is an NFL MVP candidate is making less than this frosh at Tennessee!?!? Wtf are we doing here? Just a complete fvcking joke . Ruining college sports and I for one will never donate one fvcking dime to a high school football player to come to Iowa. Sorry .
I totally agree with you as it is now paying HSchool kids to come and play for your school. Illegal as hell just a couple of years ago as it was brown paper bags in the back alley

Reactions: goodbyebobby
Eye opening. The whole thing.
As long as there are no regulations and /or ceilings on this, the really ambitious schools and their alumni are finding ways to pay these kids.
I can’t believe the kids going to make 8$mm to play college football and get a full ride to the school. All he has to do are some commercials on social media ?
I don’t see why Iowa couldn’t do this. Seems like any school could with the right level of organization and commitment

If that Tenn QB had been on our roster KF would've had him buried on the depth chart. Our coach is just that bad when it comes to evaluating and assessing QB talent.
Exactly, he would have been sitting behind Hill, that's a fact. If you don't believe that you are new to Hawk FB.

Reactions: ddeanHawk
Just think how good the $8M Tennessee QB would be if he had a gift from god like Budmayr whispering to him all season long! NIL is nice, but the whisperer is priceless!

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyeRH10
Eye opening. The whole thing.
As long as there are no regulations and /or ceilings on this, the really ambitious schools and their alumni are finding ways to pay these kids.
I can’t believe the kids going to make 8$mm to play college football and get a full ride to the school. All he has to do are some commercials on social media ?
I don’t see why Iowa couldn’t do this. Seems like any school could with the right level of organization and commitment
I'd rather spend 8 million on 8 good players than risking it all on one high schooler.

I was at the Citrus Bowl, every position group Tennessee put on the field was light years ahead of Iowa, the $8M NIL deal has zero to do with Iowa being so far behind. That QB is special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT