ADVERTISEMENT

So what is your takeaway from the pending results of Nov 8?

McCarthy said they would have a red wave gain of 60 GOP in the House. It didn't go exactly how the GOP wanted it to.

I know both parties gerrymander. It is b.s. But DeSantis made it to 5 new GOP congressmen would be undoubtably be elected.

And where did I ever say you can gerrymander a Senate or Governor race? Keep making up things that I didn't state.
Point being he won by 20 pts....which is a huge coat tail to ride on the down ballot.

Blaming the demolishing on gerrymandering is a little disengenious. D party in Florida is a disaster area...

Rubio's huge win over Demmings had a lot to do those coat tails as well.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You can't win 20 of 28 seats simply gerrymandering....DeSantis won by 20 pts and you can't gerrymander a governors race..

Weak argument IMO.
I stink'n conservative judge rewrote the NY election boundaries giving 6 cons close wins last night, that were dem wins before his changes. Thats the only way cons can win.

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
My takeaway is the Democrats have one person to thank for holding on as much as they did. That man is Mitch McConnell. When Mitch refused to put forth a supreme court justice nominee during Obama's presidency, he put the nail in Roe v Wade and any chance for a red wave in this midterm election.

Issues in the past? They are present day issues.
Nobody is locking down anybody today. Riots aren’t happening today. The majority of people don’t care about social issues. Had Republicans hammered home inflation, we would be talking very differently today. Instead, we were talking about sex again, government inserting themselves into medical issues and still defending the party from Trump and his election was stolen bullshit. It’s the economy, stupid is what wins.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
Nobody is locking down anybody today. Riots aren’t happening today. The majority of people don’t care about social issues. Had Republicans hammered home inflation, we would be talking very differently today. Instead, we were talking about sex again, government inserting themselves into medical issues and still defending the party from Trump and his election was stolen bullshit. It’s the economy, stupid is what wins.

The same laws and the same people are in place that were present during the last lockdowns. Don't pretend that it can't happen again.

People do care about social issues and they do care about inflation.

And you're wrong about Republicans not hammering home inflation and the economy. They went after these issues big time.

And this goes right back to my point. People in different states disagree on many of these issues. That's why Michigan did what it did and it's why the Rs won every statewide election in Florida and in Iowa damn near the same.

• Haha
The same laws and the same people are in place that were present during the last lockdowns. Don't pretend that it can't happen again.

And you're wrong about Republicans not hammering home inflation and the economy. They went after these issues big time.

And this goes right back to my point. People in different states disagree on many of these issues. That's why Michigan did what it did and it's why the Rs won every statewide election in Florida and in Iowa damn near the same.
Keep telling yourself that people care about who has sex with who and who does what with their bodies. I’ll keep showing you why Republicans outside of a handful of states had a rough night last night.

It’s crazy that it took November 8 to learn this, but my party has to dump Trump and learn some inclusivity. They need to stop campaigning on social issues.
to me, their problem Is that for years their focus has been on social issues. Their only proposal for anything else is tax cuts. Can’t think of a single economic ad that resembled a gop proposed solution to inflation.

I also firmly believe many Republicans never seriously contemplated a world where Roe would get overturned and just like the ACA, they never planned for that,
This is true. I'd really to see, though, an analysis of how by each party. How much over time, as well.

Gerrymandering is relatively terrible and pathetic - but how much has changed about it recently? Has it been a scourge in American politics for many many decades at this point? Are republicans turning to it more often than in the past? More egregious gerrymandering?

what’s changed is how in the past decade both parties, but particularly Republicans, have included analytics in their district maps. To an extent I actually think this helped play a role in their underperformances last night…there just aren’t that many competitive districts that either party can flip currently, barring massing electoral changes. and many of those, they’d actually picked up in ‘20.

Keep telling yourself that people care about who has sex with who and who does what with their bodies. I’ll keep showing you why Republicans outside of a handful of states had a rough night last night.

You said:

"The majority of people don’t care about social issues"

Name the issues please.

You said:

"The majority of people don’t care about social issues"

Name the issues please.
Most people don’t care about sex changes, they didn’t really care about abortion until it was taken away. Social issues don’t win elections. Economic issues do. People want government out of their lives, not in it.

Most people don’t care about sex changes, they didn’t really care about abortion until it was taken away. Social issues don’t win elections. Economic issues do. People want government out of their lives, not in it.

So only two issues out of all the issues I listed. That's weak runk. That all ya got?

And I didn't mention strictly sex changes.

• Haha
Despite 75% of people saying the country is on the "wrong track" and inflation, food and gas prices are way too high not a SINGLE incumbent governor or senator got flipped red. Gen Z voted democrat at +22. Gen z is REALLY dumb. The state of Pennsylvania is beyond dumb, they'd rather have a literal brain damaged idiot represent them then vote the other way for someone who can complete a sentence.
That being said, Trump needs to go away. He's doing more harm than good at this point, this election showed it with Oz losing to Sloth and Kari Lake losing to a coward who hid in the basement the entire race. DeSantis NEEDS to be the new face of the Nationalist Populist movement.

Despite 75% of people saying the country is on the "wrong track"
I think a lot of people intuit the chaos in America politics, media and society right now but aren't able to see outside of said chaos. They don't understand why. (granted, this isn't necessarily easy) So they keep participating in the replication and maintenance of said chaos.

Rather sad.

Reactions: isuisshit
Despite 75% of people saying the country is on the "wrong track" and inflation, food and gas prices are way too high not a SINGLE incumbent governor or senator got flipped red. Gen Z voted democrat at +22. Gen z is REALLY dumb.

Apparently they need to feel the financial struggle and pain a littlle more before they capitulate.

Despite 75% of people saying the country is on the "wrong track" and inflation, food and gas prices are way too high not a SINGLE incumbent governor or senator got flipped red. Gen Z voted democrat at +22. Gen z is REALLY dumb. The state of Pennsylvania is beyond dumb, they'd rather have a literal brain damaged idiot represent them then vote the other way for someone who can complete a sentence.
That being said, Trump needs to go away. He's doing more harm than good at this point, this election showed it with Oz losing to Sloth and Kari Lake losing to a coward who hid in the basement the entire race. DeSantis NEEDS to be the new face of the Nationalist Populist movement.

this would seem to indicate a couple things.

1) still major issues in polling - and to be fair, I’m not sure what the solutions are
2) even if voters blame Dems for stuff, they clearly also hold republicans responsible as well.

If DNC were smart (they aren't) they do everything to build on that +20-25 margin with people under 30. Pretty sure I saw that it will be the largest voting block in the '24 election.

Reactions: cigaretteman
If DNC were smart (they aren't) they do everything to build on that +20-25 margin with people under 30. Pretty sure I saw that it will be the largest voting block in the '24 election.

I'm sure the Biden Administration will work on few more give aways targeting that group. Maybe payoff other types of debt they've accrued.

I'm sure the Biden Administration will work on few more give aways targeting that group. Maybe payoff other types of debt they've accrued.

Certainly hope so, Millenials and Gen Z will be forced bear the financial burdens from government handouts in the past. Would be a good idea for the government to invest in young Americans for a change.

I don’t see a way Dems can defeat DeSantis. Biden can’t nor can anyone else that would realistically run.

His electability argument is very strong. He doesn’t need courts or a conspiracy theory SoS on his side. He can just win the election straight up, even the popular vote.

If GOP insists on going for Trump as the nominee, they’ve lost their damn minds.

Despite 75% of people saying the country is on the "wrong track" and inflation, food and gas prices are way too high not a SINGLE incumbent governor or senator got flipped red. Gen Z voted democrat at +22. Gen z is REALLY dumb.

Maybe instead of Rs calling young people dumb & writing them off, try appealing to them. Constant culture war issues isn't going to get it done.

Maybe instead of Rs calling young people dumb & writing them off, try appealing to them. Constant culture war issues isn't going to get it done.
I'd rather not try to appeal to people who wear pronoun pins if it's all the same

I don’t see a way Dems can defeat DeSantis. Biden can’t nor can anyone else that would realistically run.

His electability argument is very strong. He doesn’t need courts or a conspiracy theory SoS on his side. He can just win the election straight up, even the popular vote.

If GOP insists on going for Trump as the nominee, they’ve lost their damn minds.
Unless Trump is unable to run (jail, death, etc,) or he graciously bows out (not likely) Republicans will have a Trump/MAGA problem.

DeSantis intends to run for President. But he wants to be drafted as a candidate so as not to alienate the MAGAs. Hopefully, Trump's Twitter account will be restored so he can commit hara-kiri or otherwise implode.

There is nothing Trump can say or do that would end his political clout in the GOP. This has already been demonstrated.

Certainly hope so, Millenials and Gen Z will be forced bear the financial burdens from government handouts in the past. Would be a good idea for the government to invest in young Americans for a change.

Like paying down the debt so their generation and the ones that follow aren't bankrupt.

Reactions: hwk23
My take away is this. So long as we have a Supreme Court that places value on the rights of states and the autonomy of states to chart their own path, then I believe everyone will be fine.

If people are ok with lockdowns, school closures, restrictions on traveling to second homes, biological boys taking away girl's athletic opportunities, gender reassignment surgery for minors, CRT or variations of such being pushed on their children, anti police rhetoric, progressive approaches to crime, fewer restrictions on abortions and higher taxes, then stay in a blue state and continue to vote Dem. If not, stay in a red state and vote Rep.

Reminds of the Grassley ad, if Franken wants Iowa to be more like California, then just move to California Mike.

The majority of people in Michigan must not have minded the the Covid lockdown measures and everything else going on up there. They turned Michigan deep blue last night.

Everyone has options. They can always move to a state that aligns with them.

Good job dude, You have the Fox News/OAN talking points down to a T.

As far as the lock downs, Pretty unique situation don’t you think, Pandemic that everyone was learning and reacting to on the fly, Over reaction perhaps, Could have also saved countless lives. Easy to say how things should have been done well after initial reactions. Remember, Trump had some implementations of his own at that time.
Do you feel biological boys taking away girls sports opportunities is a wide spread problem that is being pushed by the Democratic Party?
CRT, what a joke, When you and I were in school it was called history, I see no need to hide/revise history.
Is gender reassignment surgery a huge nationwide problem being pushed by the Democratic Party?
Anti police rhetoric, Like the GOP attacking the FBI and the Justice department, Or perhaps the way the GOP stood behind the law enforcement that responded to Jan 6th.
What exactly is a progressive approach to crime?
The GOP and the Democrats do differ completely on abortion, Good or bad is in the eye of the beholder.
As far as taxes, Removing Trumps hurtful to the economy tax breaks from the rich and corporations seems like a solid idea to me, The tax breaks sure weren’t geared to the middle/working class.

Almost forgot, You left out litter boxes in the classrooms.

Good job dude, You have the Fox News/OAN talking points down to a T.

As far as the lock downs, Pretty unique situation don’t you think, Pandemic that everyone was learning and reacting to on the fly, Over reaction perhaps, Could have also saved countless lives. Easy to say how things should have been done well after initial reactions. Remember, Trump had some implementations of his own at that time.
Do you feel biological boys taking away girls sports opportunities is a wide spread problem that is being pushed by the Democratic Party?
CRT, what a joke, When you and I were in school it was called history, I see no need to hide/revise history.
Is gender reassignment surgery a huge nationwide problem being pushed by the Democratic Party?
Anti police rhetoric, Like the GOP attacking the FBI and the Justice department, Or perhaps the way the GOP stood behind the law enforcement that responded to Jan 6th.
What exactly is a progressive approach to crime?
The GOP and the Democrats do differ completely on abortion, Good or bad is in the eye of the beholder.
As far as taxes, Removing Trumps hurtful to the economy tax breaks from the rich and corporations seems like a solid idea to me, The tax breaks sure weren’t geared to the middle/working class.

Almost forgot, You left out litter boxes in the classrooms.

Don't be mad. Those are leftwing positions.

The pandemic is over time to fix the voting systems in states like Philadelphia, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada. Starts with same day voting and votes counted the same day or within 24 hours in extenuating circumstances. The current pandemic system is a joke.

The pandemic is over time to fix the voting systems in states like Philadelphia, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada. Starts with same day voting and votes counted the same day or within 24 hours in extenuating circumstances. The current pandemic system is a joke.
States like Philadelphia? Obama, is that the 58th state?

They do. Like interracial and gay marriage. Do you think the states should decide that?

There are other examples as well that destroy the "states rights" narrative the far right is pushing as well.

My take away is that the GOP's message lacked actual plans and was counting on voters buying into the same old line that DEM's are incompetent. Attempting to attach Nancy Pelosi to every race everywhere didn't work in 2020 and it didn't seem to be very effective this year.

There also continues to be large demographic changes that seem to be making red states redder, but in turn is making other states more competitive.

On top of the need to get voter integrity laws in every state, democrats are now the party of single cat ladies across this great nation. Helps to understand why their party is becoming so far outside the mainstream.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT