ADVERTISEMENT

So who is still voting for Trump?

Again, do you believe Biden is responsible for global inflation? If yes, does Joe get any credit for having the lowest inflation numbers of any other country? Or do we only give him credit for the bad...which generally is out of his control?

Not to mention, half of the rising costs of goods are because of corporate greed, raising prices under the guise of inflation. Is that Joe's fault too? To be fair, you are talking to someone who doesn't blame presidents for problems that have been things my entire life. Shrinkflation has been a thing for decades. Rising costs have been a thing for decades. Businesses trying to squeeze every penny from consumers has been a thing my entire lifetime.
I believe any US M2 that found its way into the global economy contributed to global inflation. Everything you say in your 2nd paragraph indicates you won't start your thinking with acceptance of the most basic principle of economics. If M2 was constant, then prices would go down in some areas while prices went up in other areas. If M2 was constant, higher gas prices would mean other prices would go lower. If M2 was constant, then higher food prices would mean other prices would go lower. Re-packaging and re-pricing is marketing. Not economics.

What do you believe drives inflation?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
1. Inflation is the cause of corporate greed. This is a good read that explains it. You are a fool if you think greedflation will stop if Trump wins. Nothing will change so blaming this on the president is stupid.

2. Theft is not higher under Biden. Things spiked during COVID (Trump was in office then). That isn’t on Trump because it was a shit show for awhile due to uncertainty. Businesses did not close like you claim because of theft. They closed because people stopped shopping as much.

https://www.newsweek.com/was-america-safer-under-donald-trump-joe-biden-1881831#:~:text=Most%20Property%20Crimes%20Declined%20During,Biden%20and%20Trump's%20presidential%20tenures.

3. The problem with illegals is corporations and people hiring then knowing they are illegals. The guy who killed Mollie Tibbetts was hired by a guy (who ran for office as a republican) who didn’t check his status.

4. This is a very isolated situation and saying it’s on Biden is stupid.

5. Republicans wanted nothing to do with helping Ukraine. If Russia took them over there would be more instability as Putin would have went after the rest of the former USSR. That war had nothing to do with Biden. Putin had been planning that for years.

6. What do you have to say about all the stuff Trump took and shared with people? He asked Kid Rock for advice and showed him stuff for God’s sake.

7. Republicans blocked the loan forgiveness.

8. Enlighten me how Trump being a bully online and to the media is good conduct? He made fun of a reporter with a disability and often mocks people with name calling.

Your reasons suck
Do you want to take these one at a time Quad? We can skip your ones referring to Trump since my original post state if people would stop comparing Biden to Trump, then we can evaluate Biden based on his record. Why compare him to Trump when evaluating his presidency?

How do you say you're an idiot without saying it? How did Biden cause inflation? Did he cause it globally?

Classified documents are effing kidding me? He turned them over once he realized he had them. Pence did the same

No one cares about men competing in women's sports. It's not an issue. It's a dog whistle for dummies.

Student loan relief is a good thing. The Republicans created the issue by privatizing loans. Plus it's not much money. Spend less on the military. Stop giving money to farmers for doing nothing. Stop subsidizing airports in places like Mason City.

Conduct - He's a good person. A really good person.
You just revealed yourself. The argument about global inflation is piss poor. Inflation is caused by increase in M2. Certainly some of our increase in US M2 found its way globally. Other countries increased their money supply as well. The legislation Biden approved increased M2 significantly and unnecessarily.

• Haha
Intentional ignorance. It's worse than being a moron.
My point toward any of you who refuse to acknowledge the most basic principles of economics. Most of you refuse to admit that life begins a conception too, so your intentional ignorance carries across issues.

• Haha
Who should i vote for so cities dont burn down if their side loses?

Trump is so bad, that it is an indictment on one’s own character to vote for him, regardless of political affiliation. I can proudly say I am not close to anyone that is a Trump voter and there are none in my immediate family(plenty of morons in extended family).

I plan on writing in someone from this board. Then during the ensuing 4 years of stupidity we get from whatever loser is the winner, I can say 'dont blame me, I voted for _______'. Who wants to earn my vote?

Reactions: QuadCityHawkeye1976
I believe any US M2 that found its way into the global economy contributed to global inflation. Everything you say in your 2nd paragraph indicates you won't start your thinking with acceptance of the most basic principle of economics. If M2 was constant, then prices would go down in some areas while prices went up in other areas. If M2 was constant, higher gas prices would mean other prices would go lower. If M2 was constant, then higher food prices would mean other prices would go lower. Re-packaging and re-pricing is marketing. Not economics.

it’s not 100 percent the president.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I lay out facts. You don't.

I have changed my mind about why I am voting for Trump. I am voting for him because if the libs on this board are representative of all libs, then there is no way I am voting for Biden.
You laid out opinions. I backed my responses with links.

You must not get out much if you have to use a message board to look at group of people. Trump loves dumb voters like you.

Last edited:
Anyone want to admit it and say why they are?

I’m not a fan of Biden but between the two, Biden is a no brainer. Trump was a disaster when he was president and Biden was less of one.
Trump here, prefer Kennedy of all 3 though. Wish we had 2 different candidates. When both sides try to destroy Trump you know it's a problem w/ big government.

First of all, I don't believe government spending causes inflation. I have never said government spending causes inflation. With that said, If an increase in M2 is the result of government legislation, then it will lead to inflation.

The factors you describe will most definitely cause some prices for good and services to increase more than other prices. In fact, there are factors that would cause the prices of some good and services to go down even in an inflationary period. However, aggregate prices must go up when M2 increases.

The fiscal response to covid was to flood M2. Trump flooded the economy with free money because his goal was to outspend D's during an election year. Biden added inflation fuel to a fire that was already burning.

Your response?
Well, most people would disagree with your beleif. Fiscal policy can be inflationary.

The issue is you are conflating monetary policy policy with fiscal policy. M2 a measure of monetary policy. Monetary policy is set by the fed. The fed is an independent govt agency whose primary purpose is to control inflation. The president has no direct influence on the fed and thus does not impact M2.

You laid out opinions. I backed my responses with links.

You must not get out much if you have to use a message board to look at group of people. Trump loves dumb voters like you.

KEY TAKEAWAYS

Reckless money printing causes inflation. And that inflation then causes higher prices, higher paper profits and higher paper wages.
Inflation causes phantom profits for three reasons: too much money chasing too few goods; how accounting rules handle inflation; and...cutting investment.
Rising corporate profits these past three years have been a result, not a cause, of money printing paired with economic uncertainty.

The italicized is directly from the link you posted. It states my case that inflation is the result of the excessive increase in M2. Great to see you posting links that support just one of the reasons I believe Biden has been a bad president.

I stated a fact about the relationship between M2 and inflation. You posted a link supporting this fact. Since we agree that reckless money printing that led the historic increase in the money supply, can you please tell me what point you are trying to make? Biden approved the reckless spending bills that caused US Inflation.

• Haha

Not Joe Biden. Not Donald Trump. Not Barack Obama. Not George Bush. Not Bill Clinton…

Do we agree that M2 drives inflation?
Drives is a strong word. Major factor? The only thing? No. Why do you dismiss corporations raising costs under the guise of inflation? Katie Porter got that admitted under oath. Corporate greed is responsible for the rising costs of goods that has taken place longer than I have been alive.

I don’t freak out about inflation like others do because costs consistently go up.

Drives is a strong word. Major factor? The only thing? No. Why do you dismiss corporations raising costs under the guise of inflation? Katie Porter got that admitted under oath. Corporate greed is responsible for the rising costs of goods that has taken place longer than I have been alive.

I don’t freak out about inflation like others do because costs consistently go up.
I don't dismiss, not have I ever, dismissed the fact that corporate greed is driving costs higher. They always have and always will. They are always competing for every dollar they can get their hands on. Absent an increase in the money supply, as consumers are willing to pay more for one product or service (for whatever reason), then the price of a separate good or service must go lower.

You don't freak out about inflation, but you know it adversely impacts lower income families the most. Costs have consistently gone higher over time because M2 has consistently gone higher. If you truly care about lower income families, then you should take the time to understand and accept this economic fact.

• Haha
I don't dismiss, not have I ever, dismissed the fact that corporate greed is driving costs higher. They always have and always will. They are always competing for every dollar they can get their hands on. Absent an increase in the money supply, as consumers are willing to pay more for one product or service (for whatever reason), then the price of a separate good or service must go lower.

You don't freak out about inflation, but you know it adversely impacts lower income families the most. Costs have consistently gone higher over time because M2 has consistently gone higher. If you truly care about lower income families, then you should take the time to understand and accept this economic fact.
Wow…way to twist that.

He seems like a good guy. Has done some good things for Bettendorf. His son was involved with Andrew Wold in some business deals which probably isn’t great.

I think Bob is a big Hawk fan. Is well liked in Bettendorf.
Yep. I used to tease him “Remember Bob, I have a picture of you as a teenager hugging a keg. I could end your political career.”

Reactions: QuadCityHawkeye1976

KEY TAKEAWAYS

Reckless money printing causes inflation. And that inflation then causes higher prices, higher paper profits and higher paper wages.
Inflation causes phantom profits for three reasons: too much money chasing too few goods; how accounting rules handle inflation; and...cutting investment.
Rising corporate profits these past three years have been a result, not a cause, of money printing paired with economic uncertainty.

The italicized is directly from the link you posted. It states my case that inflation is the result of the excessive increase in M2. Great to see you posting links that support just one of the reasons I believe Biden has been a bad president.

I stated a fact about the relationship between M2 and inflation. You posted a link supporting this fact. Since we agree that reckless money printing that led the historic increase in the money supply, can you please tell me what point you are trying to make? Biden approved the reckless spending bills that caused US Inflation.
I thought you felt fiscal policy wasn’t inflationary? Of corurse, I don’t agree with that but it is what you posted.

I think that all things equal we can agree that an expansion of M2 can be inflationary. I think we can also all agree that monetary policy is set by the fed, not the president. The feds primary responsibility is controlling inflation.

Anyone want to admit it and say why they are?

I’m not a fan of Biden but between the two, Biden is a no brainer. Trump was a disaster when he was president and Biden was less of one.
Sleepy Joe is all good with US citizens dying at the hands of illegal immigrants, yet that is better than Trump. I hope for your sake it doesn’t happen to your friend or family member.

I thought you felt fiscal policy wasn’t inflationary? Of corurse, I don’t agree with that but it is what you posted.

I think that all things equal we can agree that an expansion of M2 can be inflationary. I think we can also all agree that monetary policy is set by the fed, not the president. The feds primary responsibility is controlling inflation.
I said government spending is not inflationary. I believe fiscal policy can be inflationary if it leads to an increase in M2, which it clearly did in 2020 and 2021. It was not inflationary coming out of the GFC, because the reckless printing of money never made its way into M2.

Yes, monetary policy is set by the Fed, but the Fed does not print money. And Biden/Congress is running $2+ deficits with $8 Trillion in treasury debt maturing this year. Half the world is no longer wanting to buy our bonds. JP has to thread a needle and will let inflation trend higher as he manages this mess.

This is the optic that may doom Biden. When our borders are under physical attack by invaders and only a reinforced fence stops the invasion. You're going to see this scene in lots of Trump ads this summer and fall...

And no, these aren't families, they're young males...

And then Biden will just post ads of Trump killimg the border bill

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT