ADVERTISEMENT

So....Wilcke or Assad?

Mineo again. Says Wilcke and Abe both making the trip, and the decision will be made Friday night.

A stopped clock is right twice a day, I guess. But that source isn't making me question anything. Nothing additional beyond the fact he hasn't wrestled in several weeks.

Mineo again. Says Wilcke and Abe both making the trip, and the decision will be made Friday night.
And who's ear does Mineo have in the Hawkeye wrestling room? Not a single cauliflower ear is going to listen to this guy.
He's throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. By him saying it's 50/50 between Assad and Wilcke makes him correct either way it falls, but that doesn't mean his claim has any merit.

Assad and Warner need someone else to drill with, naturally that falls on Cash. Assad is our guy. No doubt.

At this time I have no comment on this matter.. If what was said about Monday still have no comment wait till brackets come out Friday..:)

Reactions: Jrjt0518
Wilcke beat Assad in a match on Monday. Believe the score was 5-1, but not sure who they are going to wrestle this weekend.

This situation is annoying me. I said to start with that I was not sure the gap between the 2 warranted pulling the shirt. Then they pull it and Abe does pretty well so seems like at that point you are going with him, fine lets do it. Now more questions. Bottom line it is too late in the season to be still figuring this shit out. Anything short of Abe too hurt to go and they are screwing the pooch with this situation. Wilcke would be seeded worse, has lost to pre seed 8 and 9, beat 7 and 10 and teammate beat 6. Who knows where they would put him.

6. Rocky Jordan, OSU

7. Zach Braunagel, ILL

8. Owen Webster, MINN

9. Johnny Sebastian, WIS

10. Jelani Embree, MICH

This situation is annoying me. I said to start with that I was not sure the gap between the 2 warranted pulling the shirt. Then they pull it and Abe does pretty well so seems like at that point you are going with him, fine lets do it. Now more questions. Bottom line it is too late in the season to be still figuring this shit out. Anything short of Abe too hurt to go and they are screwing the pooch with this situation. Wilcke would be seeded worse, has lost to pre seed 8 and 9, beat 7 and 10 and teammate beat 6. Who knows where they would put him.

6. Rocky Jordan, OSU

7. Zach Braunagel, ILL

8. Owen Webster, MINN

9. Johnny Sebastian, WIS

10. Jelani Embree, MICH

Some things are out of a coach’s control.

Wilcke wasn’t healthy enough to wrestle against Ok St and Assad was being held out as a precautionary measure and Tom admitted he could have went. I think this is hogwash.

Well, Brands said Abe could have gone the week before, and that he would definitely go against OSU. So you can’t really take that to the bank.

If true then Assad's injury must be an issue. It was an OT match to start the year.

I have no doubt that in any individual wrestling match, Wilcke has the ability to beat Abe Assad by 4 points. No surprise to me. But based on what we have seen on the mat under the lights over the course of this season, the choice is Assad and it isn’t all that difficult of a decision in my mind. Wilcke has been given every opportunity to own his legacy at Iowa and just hasn’t been able to take advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT