ADVERTISEMENT

Some Fans are disappointing

Back several years ago when I played, I knew when I deserved to get boo'd. Toughen up wimps. Not everyone gets showered with praise for doing a shitty job or participation trophies when they show up to work on time.
This guy has actually been there. They boo you when you fail and you are a GOD when you succeed. That's part of the fun of it, it is a razors edge.

Reactions: rider57
Booing is never a good luck. Booing during a 10 game win streak just let's everyone know who the idiots are around them...it's like people who wear those red hats. I appreciate you letting us all know you're a moron.

I guess that’s why there were boos. I didn’t hate the call knowing that Iowa was going to be getting the ball back in the third quarter and fresh off a turnover leading to an opposing touchdown. Minimize damage?
Im sure if you asked the staff the risk of throwing an Interception in your own endzone and the tiny tiny chance of a run back wasnt worth taking a shot to tie the game going into half..... with a strong armed QB.

They were protecting his stats.

Reactions: shudaddy
Booing is never a good luck. Booing during a 10 game win streak just let's everyone know who the idiots are around them...it's like people who wear those red hats. I appreciate you letting us all know you're a moron.
What do you have against Bubba gump?

So, are the booing ones more disappointing than the 5,000 that didn't bother to come last Saturday?

Im sure if you asked the staff the risk of throwing an Interception in your own endzone and the tiny tiny chance of a run back wasnt worth taking a shot to tie the game going into half..... with a strong armed QB.

They were protecting his stats.
I mean there was 24 seconds left on the clock from our own 25 yard line. CSU would have been in prevent defense and I haven’t seen this Iowa team move the ball down the field with chunk plays yet. There were some questionable offensive play calls in the game, but this is one of the less offensive of the group, imo

Far from fragile.

Booing is an idiotic behavior -- and it's especially stupid to boo your own coaches and players. Keep on trying to justify it; you can't.
Consider it a condensed "if you finish this season with a 100+ rated offense while we watch another championship level defense die on the vine you are going to have an even tougher time getting these stands full"

It just translates to "booooooooooooooooo"

The first interception (at CSU's 20 yard line) was almost returned for a td. Are you suggesting that Iowa try to let CSU have an equal opportunity to score again before the half?

LOL!
I mean what the hell is the point of even trying to play offense!?!

(I'm assuming your previous post was sarcasm. Only an idiot would ask them to throw a screen as the clock ran out where the defender could make a play with only 1-2s to beat. A 50 yard bomb has to come back through most of the team.)

Consider it a condensed "if you finish this season with a 100+ rated offense while we watch another championship level defense die on the vine you are going to have an even tougher time getting these stands full"

It just translates to "booooooooooooooooo"
Still just as stupid.

The first interception (at CSU's 20 yard line) was almost returned for a td. Are you suggesting that Iowa try to let CSU have an equal opportunity to score again before the half?

LOL!
Realistically, a deep ball intercepted would have a far smaller chance of a big return than a quick hitter jumped by the DB. At worst they’d still have to go probably 35 yards in about 15 seconds for a shot at a field goal. At best, Iowa is likely playing for a field goal. Like I said, didn’t dislike the call with the Hawks getting the ball back to start Q3

To start with, I don't boo. But I understand it, these players are getting 100s' K in scholarships, I pay for my season ticket and make a donation. To me, fans were booing the lack of effort on the offensive side of the ball. Shitty play calling, shitty execution and a poor performance by the QB. The parent pointing out that these are "just kids" is full of shit too. These are not snowflakes, they are men, who yes, are paid to do their job and represent their school.

This is extremely weak. Just another attempt to rationalize idiotic behavior by some fans who aren't mature enough to show some respect to their own players and coaches.

And news flash -- every player and every coach is doing everything he can to win for those same idiots who are just positive they have all of the answers.
Thanks for the newsflash, nobody was aware of that. So profound.

Happen to be multilingual.

Nice attempt to deflect. This is about how stupid it is to boo your own coaches and players, which you can't justify no matter how hard you try.
I'm not deflecting anything. The coaches, specifically Brian Ferentz, gets booed because he consistently puts a shitty product in front of us and isn't coaching out several basic things.

Throw

Past

The

Sticks

On

Third

Down.

Reactions: CarterHall
I'm not deflecting anything. The coaches, specifically Brian Ferentz, gets booed because he consistently puts a shitty product in front of us and isn't coaching out several basic things.

Throw

Past

The

Sticks

On

Third

Down.
Minor booing in the first half. Second half I did not hear a boo. Don't recall any booing versus Indiana or Kent State. For those who have not gone and take this thread to mean booing was extremely prevalent this season.

I'm not a big fan of booing period. You have recruits that are at these games...part of their decision process is the stadium environment...booing isn't exactly helping there. Trust me, the groans are enough to send a message when we complete the 3 yard pass on a 3rd and 5.

Here is the other reason I don't boo...especially in regard to play selection. Brian is such a dick, that if you boo him...he's likely to start calling fullback draw plays on 3rd and 11 just to spite you. It backfires.

In all honesty, I'm a big Brian Ferentz supporter. I think he's doing things offensively over the past three years...that have really opened up the offense. It's much more dynamic than it's ever been. We have guys open all the time...now we have to complete them...and throw them to the right guy...but I love the offense now. My last point is this...if Brian had been operating with a QB like Zach Davis or CJ Beathard over the past three years, extremely accurate...how do you think our offense would have fared? Picture Noah Fant, Hockenson, ISM, Brandon Smith running wide open and the ball sailing over their heads.

Minor booing in the first half. Second half I did not hear a boo. Don't recall any booing versus Indiana or Kent State. For those who have not gone and take this thread to mean booing was extremely prevalent this season.
Either you weren’t there or you are deaf. There was booing in both halves last though more prevalent in first half) that could be heard throughout the stadium. And there was booing in the Kent St game as well.

It’s not about whether the players can handle the boos. I’m sure they can and probably doesn’t bother them that much because they are mad at themselves. It just is ****ing stupid. It makes our fan base - who we think is so great - look like ignorant fools. It would be one thing if this Iowa team was like Nebraska, constantly making dumb mistakes, being undisciplined, throwing away games, and losing more than they win … you are talking about an Iowa program that has won 10 games in a row and 1 of 8 teams to win 80% of their games the last 3 seasons.

It doesn’t make you look like hard-ass adults getting them ready for the real world. It makes you look like spoiled brat idiot children who cry every time things don’t go just like you want.

And WhiskeyTango leading the “tough guy” charge is meaningless because his whole goal is to go after the Ferentz’s every chance he gets because he has such a hard on for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT