ADVERTISEMENT

Someone please explain…

turkEhawk

Scout Team
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2003
To me how Ryan Morningstar is. Onside red one of the best recruiters in the country. I’ll even give you that NIL has limited him to some extent

To me how Ryan Morningstar is. Onside red one of the best recruiters in the country. I’ll even give you that NIL has limited him to some extent
Because Lisbon Iowa was great 20 years ago.

Funny story, every big ten coach was at perrysburg, Ohio last March for their regional during big tens in Ann arbour (45 min away) except Iowa. I was there for both.

Reactions: jd_3010hawk
Because Lisbon Iowa was great 20 years ago.

Funny story, every big ten coach was at perrysburg, Ohio last March for their regional during big tens in Ann arbour (45 min away) except Iowa. I was there for both.
Assuming that was where Blaze was wrestling?

personally i can’t explain how he is onside red
GIF by Giphy QA

So one time at Nationals while Morningstar still wrestled. Bad in space so shoots to far away. Overextended when he does results in head on mat with high crotch grip. Hope to over powered suck in. Busch light mark perry. Basically everything we see from half the lineup. Can't finish high crotch or legs in the air. Can't scramble. Needs everything to be clean which never happen in today's scrambles. Which is all it is

So one time at Nationals while Morningstar still wrestled. Bad in space so shoots to far away. Overextended when he does results in head on mat with high crotch grip. Hope to over powered suck in. Busch light mark perry. Basically everything we see from half the lineup. Can't finish high crotch or legs in the air. Can't scramble. Needs everything to be clean which never happen in today's scrambles. Which is all it is
The staff needs a shakeup.

Has for awhile.

Stale.

I won’t go calling for Toms head but he has surrounded himself with an entire staff just like him. Other top programs have assts that excel in different areas. The loyalty to only Iowa guys has run its course it’s time to branch out and expand the Iowa style. Unfortunately I don’t see any non Iowa guys wanting to come work with TnT, considering top recruites don’t want to wrestle for them.

TNT are the exact same person, why we continue to pay two people to do one job is crazy! Terry should be with HWC or head coach elsewhere. Morningside and Telford could be replaced by a whole lot of coaches with different styles that would move us into the next decade or two! I’ve been saying this for awhile not just after one bad loss but after a lot of wins that didn’t look good. I don’t really care if we get rid of Tom as well and just blow the whole thing up, I mean if it doesn’t work try someone new. How long do we keep struggling to score waiting for Spencer to ride in and save the day? 5-6 years?

I won’t go calling for Toms head but he has surrounded himself with an entire staff just like him. Other top programs have assts that excel in different areas. The loyalty to only Iowa guys has run its course it’s time to branch out and expand the Iowa style. Unfortunately I don’t see any non Iowa guys wanting to come work with TnT, considering top recruites don’t want to wrestle for them.
I should be used to it by now, but it still amazes me how many stupid things are posted here after a frustrating loss (or frustrating win).

Some on here have no clue wtf they're talking about. Many here suggest new head coaches who have never been D1 coaches . Everyone slings mud once the team looks bad. When they win its we look great. Morningstar is one of the best recruiters in the country. It's ok guys the sun came up and life goes on. Iowa isn't the best anymore and other programs have proven they can win. High school kids aren't flocking to Iowa anymore they're going to Penn st. You build it they will come that's how wrestling works.

Last edited:
TNT are the exact same person, why we continue to pay two people to do one job is crazy! Terry should be with HWC or head coach elsewhere. Morningside and Telford could be replaced by a whole lot of coaches with different styles that would move us into the next decade or two! I’ve been saying this for awhile not just after one bad loss but after a lot of wins that didn’t look good. I don’t really care if we get rid of Tom as well and just blow the whole thing up, I mean if it doesn’t work try someone new. How long do we keep struggling to score waiting for Spencer to ride in and save the day? 5-6 years?
Wait on Spencer? Is he even working on his coaching skills? His temperament is such that most kids would just simply hate to work around him. His coaching style would be similar to what you would see in the 1960’s with Bear at A&M or Frank Kush at AZ. Paris Island Boot camp all the way. There could be a few recruits that might desire the boot camp approach, but, wouldn’t that be more of what’s failing T&T. Just go out and lure NOLF or STEIBER with big bucks. By 2026 Iowa would be substantially “back” and a title threat in the coming years.

Reactions: redghost1974
Some on here have no clue wtf they're talking about. Many here suggest new head coaches who have never been D1 coaches . Everyone slings mud once the team looks bad. When they win its we look great. Morningstar is one of the best recruiters in the country. It's ok guys the sun came up and life goes on. Iowa isn't the best anymore and other programs have proven they can win. High school kids aren't flocking to Iowa anymore they're going to Penn st. You build it they will come that's how wrestling works.

Let me guess, you are at least 60 years old. Maybe 70?

Right?

Which goes back to the original post, please explain why you consider Mstar one of the best recruiters in the country?
Who is he pulling in?

Everyone slings mud once the team looks bad. When they win its we look great.
I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Morningstar is one of the best recruiters in the country.
No way this is accurate...and if he is, he has to be livid that his bosses can't close the deal on more top recruits.

I'm not sure if they can coach but Nolf /Dake are the best wrestlers in the last 25 years. We need to get one of them. Someone needs to be talking to them about plans after competition.

Reactions: KYHWKY
Wait on Spencer? Is he even working on his coaching skills? His temperament is such that most kids would just simply hate to work around him. His coaching style would be similar to what you would see in the 1960’s with Bear at A&M or Frank Kush at AZ. Paris Island Boot camp all the way. There could be a few recruits that might desire the boot camp approach, but, wouldn’t that be more of what’s failing T&T. Just go out and lure NOLF or STEIBER with big bucks. By 2026 Iowa would be substantially “back” and a title threat in the coming years.
Just curious, what gives you the impression that Spencer would have that type of coaching style? Also, you spelled Steibler wrong.

That’s such a second place loving, hind-tit sucking mentality. We’re not dynamic enough to even compete for a title except once in nearly fifteen years. Excuses are for wusses. Stop making them.

Last edited:
Which goes back to the original post, please explain why you consider Mstar one of the best recruiters in the country?
Who is he pulling in?
Needs to more to fit best recruiters in the country statement.

Please you really think Spencer is the answer lol lol

Reactions: BGon4ND
Wait…I don’t believe that Morningstar is one of the best recruiters in the country. Where did that come from? And if “you build it and they will come”, why haven’t our coaches been building it?

Reactions: el dub
Wait…I don’t believe that Morningstar is one of the best recruiters in the country. Where did that come from? And if “you build it and they will come”, why haven’t our coaches been building it?
Since you don't believe me maybe you will believe @smalls103 . M* is one of the best recruiters in the country. Everyone thinks recruiting is so easy. When Iowa winning titles in the past wrestling wasn't what it is now. So many programs have proven they can win. With that comes way more options for kids. Iowa had a lull with JZ and then Penn St came along. Now the best want to go there and not Iowa. It's how it works. Iowa is still really good just not the best. I know it's not what people want but it's reality. Not sure if you heard but Iowa had 2 brothers who were accepted into school and were told by administration they couldn't be on the team this year.

Please you really think Spencer is the answer lol lol
Reading is fundamental boy. Never said that is what I expect but I believe a whole lot of our fan base believes that, especially the younger generation. If we can just maintain the status quo then Spencer will bring us back where we belong! I hope they’re right but it’s not that easy. Is that better for you??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT