ADVERTISEMENT

Soooo..anyone else leaving

Kurt Warner

HR Heisman
Jan 12, 2010
Iowa
Just curious if anyone has heard anymore rumors. Definitely hope cook returns and nunge stays put.

Was wondering the same. The podcast made it sound like we might hear a few more names before the end of the week.

Sad to say it but I think him going to a lower tier program will let him shine and be a substantial contributor to thier success.
I don't see that happening at Iowa.

I disagree. I think Pemsl is perfect for a bench player. He'll probably never start again (without injury) and that's fine. He has a role to play with this team and I think he'll be ok with it.

We need Pemsl to leave very badly.
Why? This seems silly, he's our backup PF and does a good job when coming in. He played pretty well in the big ten season too. I think his shin injury set him back a bit, but he recovered nicely. His career player efficiency rating is 19, below only Cook 20 and Garza 26.6 on our team. He's a good, big body backup, I don't get all the hate on here for him.

Why? This seems silly, he's our backup PF and does a good job when coming in. He played pretty well in the big ten season too. I think his shin injury set him back a bit, but he recovered nicely. His career player efficiency rating is 19, below only Cook 20 and Garza 26.6 on our team. He's a good, big body backup, I don't get all the hate on here for him.
I most certainly don't have "hate" for him but I know lazy people like to throw terms like that around.
When hes on the court I see a guy that physically labors to keep up with the play on the court. He makes a ton of mistakes with the ball albeit I think most of them are.from just trying too hard.
Offensively he does what he can do pretty well but too often the opponent doesnt have to account for him where hes at on the court. Meaning more than two steps from the basket they dont need to guard him. If he regains some hops to up his rebiunding #s and develops a consistent 10-15 jumper to force them to guard him then hes a different player and he will see minutes. He shoots the rock pretty well from the FT line so Im guessing confidence is.lacking on his shot.

I most certainly don't have "hate" for him but I know lazy people like to throw terms like that around.
When hes on the court I see a guy that physically labors to keep up with the play on the court. He makes a ton of mistakes with the ball albeit I think most of them are.from just trying too hard.
Offensively he does what he can do pretty well but too often the opponent doesnt have to account for him where hes at on the court. Meaning more than two steps from the basket they dont need to guard him. If he regains some hops to up his rebiunding #s and develops a consistent 10-15 jumper to force them to guard him then hes a different player and he will see minutes. He shoots the rock pretty well from the FT line so Im guessing confidence is.lacking on his shot.
I mean, we're talking our #7 guy in the rotation, right? Next year assuredly farther with Weiskamp arriving. He's a good piece off the bench. What are people's expectations for players on our bench anyways?

I mean, we're talking our #7 guy in the rotation, right? Next year assuredly farther with Weiskamp arriving. He's a good piece off the bench. What are people's expectations for players on our bench anyways?
I just see a guy that can be a very big part of a lower level program stuck on the bench most of the time. Especially if TC stays.
I think Nunge could start if TC leaves and do just fine if he bulks a little and gets a little more physical.
If I'm the coach RK, LG and JN get the bulk of mins at 4,5. They all have game and can shoot it. TC was just a little bit away from being good with his jumper this season and if he comes back those 4 are the 4,5s.

I just see a guy that can be a very big part of a lower level program stuck on the bench most of the time. Especially if TC stays.
I think Nunge could start if TC leaves and do just fine if he bulks a little and gets a little more physical.
If I'm the coach RK, LG and JN get the bulk of mins at 4,5. They all have game and can shoot it. TC was just a little bit away from being good with his jumper this season and if he comes back those 4 are the 4,5s.
Honestly, I think Pemsl brings a little more fire than most on this team, and that's what I like about him. He's not the biggest, best, most athletic, but he fights out their like Luka and you need those guys, especially coming off the bench.

Why? Because is piss poor in damn near every facet of the game. Plus, he is a cancer in the locker room. On top of that, his mother is double trouble for the coaches. Trust me, he needs to move on for the betterment of all concerned.
Seems like you just made a bunch of crap up.

Pemsyl is a liability, he's our worst defender and a turnover machine.
He has 1 move on offense going to his left.
He never looks at the basket when he's out on the perimeter and it makes him easy to defend.
He has no jumping ability and is 6'7 trying to play in the post.
When Wagner and him were on the floor at the same time it was 3 on 5.
Wagner figured it out, hopefully Pemsyl figures it out.
Next year Garza, Cook, Nunge and Kreiner should get all the minutes at the 4 & 5.

Pemsl, honestly, is a 5. Playing him at the 4 is why he had a bad year.

He'd make a fine 5 in a lower level conference.

Fran played him at the 3 half the time.

I agree CP is a small ball 5. The further you get him away from the basket the worse he does.

If you can give him space on the block or in pick and roll he does well.

Reactions: Fan In Black
He never looks at the basket when he's out on the perimeter and it makes him easy to defend.
Next year Garza, Cook, Nunge and Kreiner should get all the minutes at the 4 & 5.

Pemsl is definitely not the worst defender.

Bad, but theres atleast 3 that are worse.

And going to a certain hand is not a move.

Oh and Enjoy! Scotch and dice? That is my favorite.Old days Walk up .99cent shrimp cocktails at door.Enjoy..

The scotch part for sure. These days it's video poker for me but I remember the .99 cent shrimp cocktails and penny slots.

Honestly, I think Pemsl brings a little more fire than most on this team, and that's what I like about him. He's not the biggest, best, most athletic, but he fights out their like Luka and you need those guys, especially coming off the bench.
If by fire you meaning complaining about every foul called then you would be correct.

JFC exaggerate much?

Pemsl has limitations but until Garza got here he had by far the best inside moves and footwork. Who gives a shit if he uses his left most of the time.

Reactions: skydog0784
JFC exaggerate much?

Pemsl has limitations but until Garza got here he had by far the best inside moves and footwork. Who gives a shit if he uses his left most of the time.
This year other teams didnt care that he used his left hand every time. After having a seasons worth of tape everyone figured out he only has 1 hand and cant score from 2 ft or greater from the hoop. Hence his atrocious year.

Reactions: kcgolfer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT