ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry, but I am having a hard time figuring out why Iowa

Prior to the Illanoy game, all anyone could talk about was NW. The Ill. game was not a lock until very late in the 4th quarter. Some people on this board are way too overconfident. One turnover or one int etc can turn a should win game to a loss. How about we wait until we have our way with Mary before we disparage?

I think what concerns most people is that we lost to Maryland last year, and how we lost. We had an early 14 point lead and let off the gas, followed by a complete collapse on the offensive side of the ball. But this isn't the same Maryland team, and it certainly isn't the same Iowa team. Maryland is without several big playmakers, notably Stefan Diggs (who I just picked up in my fantasy league, thank you very much). Last year they came in to the Big Ten hot and were playing with something to prove. This year they've fizzled and look like they're out of their league (pun intended). And this year Iowa is better in every aspect of the game from special teams to coaching. Add to that the home environment at Kinnick, I'm not worried about losing this game.

is a 17 point favorite. I watched most of the PSU/Maryland game last week and the Terps have some players. Their major advantage is speed like Iowa has not seen this year. They also have a good D-line. Additionally, even though we have a "new" KF, he is known for going conservative after obtaining a decent lead. Teams sometimes "rally" after a coaching change. I would guess a +7 is more in the ball park. This is especially true because I believe CJ will kept under wraps this week since he said he was not 100%.

This a rivalry game. They've played each other 39 times and Penn St is 36-2-1. So Maryland was really fired up for that game, too bad they lost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT