ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee will medically forfeit from the wrestle back round

I have no inside knowledge of what Spencer was dealing with, but it was apparent for quite awhile now that he wasn't fully fit. In my honest opinion...had he won over Ramos, I do think Glory would have been a pretty tough match for him. Fully healthy...Spencer wins easily against all comers IMO. But the Spencer wrestling last night would have been vulnerable to Glory IMO.

I will miss seeing him in an Iowa singlet and appreciate all of his accomplishments over his career. Injuries suck!

Honestly, this shit is worse than just saying what the issue is. If you know and can’t say, keep your mouth shut.
The Univ. of Iowa has just announced that Spencer Lee will medically forfeit the remainder of the wrestle back round, effectively ending his career as a Hawkeye. Very sad news following the crushing defeat last night.
I’m not sure how I feel about this. Understand the hurt, and being injured. That said it disappoints me he isn’t in the building supporting his teammates.

Sad to see. I had hoped this wasn’t the case and that he could at least end his NCAA competitive career on a win. Hopefully he can with an Olympic Gold and many NCAA titles as a coac
Oh booo freaking hooo. So he lost and doesn’t become a 4 timer. Guess his move to Iowa really changed him. The PA kid would fight back for third place, help his team get second place.and not just give up. Now all you Iowa quitters can start making excuses for him. Just remember, excuses are for wusses.
Psuwrestling fan. We have shit fans like you too. You couldn’t wait and that says so much about your life. Whatever the reasons with Lee they suck and not what I wanted to see. But I don’t go to your page ever and I don’t need to even wonder on the type of life you live posting this trash.

The part that says so much about those from PSU coming here to hate. They have nothing to be bitter about. They have now won 10 of the last 12. How many champs in those and adding to the list. I would be celebrating and not wasting my time on another teams board spewing trash.

I’m not sure how I feel about this. Understand the hurt, and being injured. That said it disappoints me he isn’t in the building supporting his teammates.

I respectfully disagree. Most of us have never wanted anything as badly as Spencer wanted that 4th title and, for that, we should consider ourselves lucky. Even for somebody as mentally strong as he is, this has to be absolutely crushing. Wrestling has been his whole life and nobody should question the choices he makes or the things he does and doesn't do from here on out.
Maybe Tom Petty, of all people said it best: "God, it's so painful when something that is so close. Is still so far out of reach."

Actually, unless you're a medically train professional, it's not against HIPAA. Non-medical trained professionals can disclose any and all sensitive info they choose.
And it’s equally shitty of a thing to do- for the same reasons it’s regulated for healthcare emp.

And it’s equally shitty of a thing to do- for the same reasons it’s regulated for healthcare emp.
I mean, ain't that America though? "Freedom of speech" and all that. Granted, you would have to get that information from some first-party source. So, either somebody broke HIPAA and you just perpetuated that violation, or the person trusted you.

I see some real classless posts here by some trolls. You need to have some empathy.

Consider the guy’s age here. Few others, besides maybe Tommy Boy, have been in college for this long and even fewer as D1 athletes. Maybe he can get another year of eligibility out of this.

A guy at that age cannot be expected to keep wrestling and putting up team points in the consolations with second degree burns on his shoulders. He’s already given so much.

I see some real classless posts here by some trolls. You need to have some empathy.

Consider the guy’s age here. Few others, besides maybe Tommy Boy, have been in college for this long and even fewer as D1 athletes. Maybe he can get another year of eligibility out of this.

A guy at that age cannot be expected to keep wrestling and putting up team points in the consolations with second degree burns on his shoulders.
Have you heard of Daton Fix. Same age as Spencer with another year of eligibility. What a stupid post.

Last edited:
Reactions: eb05 and Gobblin
Again, could people elaborate of what Ironside said? I wasn't able to hear and am curious as to what people are talking about. Thanks!

Actually. It kinda, most definitely, absolutely is. He’s the paid voice of Iowa radio wrestling.

Sounds like he has some principles.
Knowing him I bet he regrets saying it. I’d guess he got caught up in the moment. He’s a big proponent of not discussing injuries unless the athlete and coach mentions it first. Even then it’s a sensitive topic. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Big Pip

A guy at that age cannot be expected to keep wrestling and putting up team points in the consolations with second degree burns on his shoulders. He’s already given so much.

daton fix is older than spencer and oklahoma state is in 18th place in the team scores… get lost clown

daton fix is older than spencer and oklahoma state is in 18th place in the team scores… get lost clown
I am just glad the hometown team had something to cheer for last night. Been an incredibly embarrassing weekend for the Pokes.

Reactions: eb05
He said there was no injury that he was aware of in regards to Lee med forfeit. He alluded to talking to the staff last night and empathizing with them
This.

But according to Chief Bootlicker Gobblin - he’s injured and no one should say anything about it, just allude to it.

Pretty damn wild that Ironside, who’s as inside as it gets would say that on a broadcast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT