ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee wins the Hodge Trophy

What was up with the "Nit Nit Nittnies" line? Was that a continued hit on Flowrestling or a jab at PSU? Honestly I could see it going either way, but then turning around and defending Big Ten wrestling makes me thing it's not directed at Cael & Co.

I guess the transcript says "nit, nit, nit, minis" but I still don't know what that means.

What was up with the "Nit Nit Nittnies" line?

I think it is a reference to the Flo vs Willie Saylor trial. During the trial the Judge couldn't understand FloKaren's reference to the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club. The judge stumbled through pronunciation attempts of Nittany. This related to the announcement of the first NLWC event on Rokfin. The Flo lawyers were attempting to implicate Willie as involved in arranging it to prove he was competing in violation of his agreement.

I heard nit-nit-ninnies, so I think Tom could be implying Flo wrestling media are the ninnies and are not smart for wrestling or doing Iowa any favors with ducking or Spencer performance critiques. Could also explain HWC going the Trackwrestling PPV route.

Last edited:
What was up with the "Nit Nit Nittnies" line? Was that a continued hit on Flowrestling or a jab at PSU? Honestly I could see it going either way, but then turning around and defending Big Ten wrestling makes me thing it's not directed at Cael & Co.

I guess the transcript says "nit, nit, nit, minis" but I still don't know what that means.
Neither. It was a generalization towards those making those types of comments. Nit Ninny is an old and redundant term. A Nit and a ninny are the same thing but for some reason, many from the great gen and older boomers liked to double it up when you were being stupid combining the two. Pretty sure that’s what Gable’s mom called him after a period of sulking post the Owens loss.

Neither. It was a generalization towards those making those types of comments. Nit Ninny is an old and redundant term. A Nit and a ninny are the same thing but for some reason, many from the great gen and older boomers liked to double it up when you were being stupid combining the two. Pretty sure that’s what Gable’s mom called him after a period of sulking post the Owens loss.
thanks for the follow up!

I love it to coach! Main who's ready to run through a wall after hearing Coach Brands that fired up. Love listening to these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT