ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Gambling Update

they may get disciplined but most likely not fired. this practice has geen going on with the FBI for some time. DCI agents are also covered under “qualified immunity”, so most likely no money from law suites.

The governor’s statement was a vague show of support for the department during a contentious investigation. No chance that she was aware of the particulars, and I’m sure she regrets that statement now
^^^The AG is probably the highest up the ladder this investigation got.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
they may get disciplined but most likely not fired. this practice has geen going on with the FBI for some time. DCI agents are also covered under “qualified immunity”, so most likely no money from law suites.
Not sure qualified immunity would apply if an athlete can prove the DCI agent engaged in a knowing violation of a constitutional right. The facts, as alleged, look pretty bad for the DCI agent doing the unauthorized search.

We might not agree with Cyclone fans on much but on this one we can all agree.

“I hope all of these athletes at Iowa and Iowa State take the State of Iowa to the cleaners.”
- Cyclone Wrestling head coach Kevin Dresser

Check this out & watch:

Well said by Dresser. I think this is one thing he and Tom see eye to eye on.

The whole thing pissed me off when it went down. I knew there was more to the story, but just eventually accepted the shaft job the athletes were going to get. Then I got a little hope when the NCAA agreed to rethink the punishments. Stupid me thinking the NCCA wouldn't f%$k that up as well. Back to all these seniors are done again and all hope dashed again. I have moved on, as have the athletes, and accepted that it is what it is again. Now this all comes out and just rehashes everything again. Nothing will change for the athletes, but hopefully they get reimbursed handily for this shit show.

Sorry to say, but the NCAA won't care if it was unconstitutional or not. They don't follow the same legal process as the courts do. They can suspend coaches and athletes for stuff that isn't against "the law". The suspensions are final and they won't change their minds.

It was BS if everything is true. If I was a student athlete that got popped, I'd be getting in touch with attorneys for lawsuits.

Reactions: bammhawk1
Yes, but frequently the FBI may nab some serious criminal by dubious means. Not just get a some random athlete to lose a year of eligibility.

Not sure qualified immunity would apply if an athlete can prove the DCI agent engaged in a knowing violation of a constitutional right. The facts, as alleged, look pretty bad for the DCI agent doing the unauthorized search.
It ap
Yes, but frequently the FBI may nab some serious criminal by dubious means. Not just get a some random athlete to lose a year of eligibility.
the FBI was caught accessing over 300,000 phone records of individuals with no probable cause and no warrants. all this acknowledged buy a district court judge, with no administrative actions taken against agents or higher ups. pretty much what happen here.

Qualified immunity only protects against money lawsuits based on violations of constitutional rights that are not firmly established. Rummaging through phone records without a warrant, or even probable cause, is illegal to a certainty under the 4th amendment. There is no qualified immunity. These agent knew what they were doing was illegal.

Qualified immunity only protects against money lawsuits based on violations of constitutional rights that are not firmly established. Rummaging through phone records without a warrant, or even probable cause, is illegal to a certainty under the 4th amendment. There is no qualified immunity. These agent knew what they were doing was illegal.
certainly hope that you are right here with the DCI as well as with the FBI who have been doing the same thing for some time, only far more extensively.

They won't have to pay personally but the State of Iowa will. They're going to get fired, I promise you.

Reactions: Grip220 and T8KUDWN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT