ADVERTISEMENT

Sports movie mistakes/inaccuracies that drive you nuts

_Jt8Qh.gif

I destroyed my starting linebacker’s new sports car to get him motivated for the upcoming game. But he had one of those doorbell cameras and I got fired and given community service, and he showed up late to the game because he didn’t have a ride.

I knew Spicoli couldn’t be trusted.

Friday Night Lights (the show).
I think it was season 1 or 2 but they won the State Title by running a hook and lateral.
Not crazy but it was for about 50 yards and they ran it with their RB and FB both coming out of the backfield.

Actors who don't know how to throw a ball.

Or run. You see FB movies where either the dude with the ball is obviously sandbagging because no one can keep up and they need them to, or the opposite, everyone else is sandbagging because the dude with the ball is slow AF.

Reactions: Tom Paris
How was Buddy allowed to play for the school basketball team when he couldn't meet academic requirements?
To be fair when I was in high school in the early 90's they didn't care about you being academiclly eligible, I doubt they gave a shit in the 50's.

Friday Night Lights (movie). Pretty damn sure there that the clock was rolling after an incomplete pass. And how did the son find Dad's ring in the middle of nowhere?

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Why did Reg Dunlop sit the Hanson Brothers for so many games before playing them? No way you would have gone with 6 forwards while just leaving a capable line just sitting there for weeks on end. Dunlop is 40-something years old and he’s skating 30 something minutes a night? Please. No wonder he was a losing coach.

In Varsity Blues, Mox says, "I don't want this life." Bullshit. Everybody wants that life.

Umm.... The line was "I don't want your life". He was talking to his dad, a guy who peaked in high school, was a shitty football player and it's trying to live vicariously through his star son while entirely ignoring his son's much larger academic aspirations.

Fun fact-varsity blues is the one movie Paul Walker doesn't entirely ruin, although he tried really hard to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT