ADVERTISEMENT

Sportswriter has 4 Pac12 teams to the Big 10 if pac12 goes down

What is the story with those two?

Is it like the Texas-Neb thing?

From what I have read it was mostly USC jealousy of Oregon (1) having a sugar daddy in Nike co-founder Phil Knight; and (2) suddenly being very relevant in CFB and MBB.

USC liked the fact that they were going to the stable B1G, leaving Oregon behind in the unstable PAC 12.

Welp, this stinks. I can't stand these "80 yard TD pass or nothing" teams. I didn't really mind USC and UCLA, but with addition of Washington and Oregon, does Iowa ever have a chance of winning the B1G again? I just honestly no idea what's going to happen in the future. I just feel like I'll be enjoying football a lot less.

This, unfortunately, is all about money with no regard to the fans, traditions and rivalries

Lord knows who we will ever play in the regular season

I am glad Penix will be gone by the time UW plays the Hawks.
He is a fun watch.

It could be worse...we are in one of the BIG 2 leagues.
Seattle is a cool road trip.

When we replace KF this league will be so different which could attract a high- flying offensive whiz to compete in a more wide open offensive league.
Clearly we will need more Cali recruits to play with wide open new schools.

He is a fun watch.

When we replace KF this league will be so different which could attract a high- flying offensive whiz to compete in a more wide open offensive league.
So you’re saying BF is not a high-flying offensive whiz? It will be interesting to see if the change to a more competent QB changes the perception of your OC…..

• Haha
Reactions: peacehawk
1 Cal
2 Stanford
Adds to western footprint/scheduling

3 North Carolina
Strengthens east coast footprint, esp. Bb

4 Notre Dame
The white whale, already has several B10 rivalries going back the the late 1800s as well as USC since 1926.

Added appeal: each school has top notch academics which will bolster the Big Ten Academic Alliance.
Do not want to reward Notre Dame in any way. Their arrogance outweighs any benefit.

He is a fun watch.

C'mon man. Parker can handle any of these offenses.

This, unfortunately, is all about money with no regard to the fans, traditions and rivalries

Lord knows who we will ever play in the regular season
Just when we had developed a real hate relationship with Purdue too.

One thing is for sure, Nebraska will be stuck to our shoe every season like a fresh dog turd. I think we can count on that.

So about that schedule they just came out with with UCLA here and at USC. Looks like we going to another new schedule for 2024?
I think you're right, since Oregon and Washington are likely to join by 2024.

Doing the math, I think the flex or hybrid schedule where Iowa had three protected rivals each year is out the window.

18 teams with 9 conference games -- 1 protected rival, then each team would play the other 16 teams as follows: first eight one year, second eight the next year. Then flip the home and away schedules for the same teams in years three and four. Each team would still visit Kinnick once every four years, except protected rival.

Reactions: Bishop1971

Doing the math, I think the flex or hybrid schedule where Iowa had three protected rivals each year is out the window.

18 teams with 9 conference games -- 1 protected rival, then each team would play the other 16 teams as follows: first eight one year, second eight the next year. Then flip the home and away schedules for the same teams in years three and four. Each team would still visit Kinnick once every four years, except protected rival.
Projected rivals under the above scenario:

1) Rutgers - Maryland
2) Ohio State - Michigan
3) Penn State - MSU
4) Indiana - Purdue
5) Illinois - NW
6) Wisconsin - Minnesota
7) Iowa - Nebraska
8) USC - UCLA
9) Oregon - Washington

And Barta is out the window, so I would toss any agreement he had with protected rivals right out the window. Bye bye Trev!

4 pods. West- OR, WA, USC, UCLA
Midwest- NE, IA, MN, WI
Great Lakes- NW, IL, MSU, MI, PU
East- IN, OSU, PSU, RU, MD

10 game conference schedule.
Protected rivalries- OSU/MI, IN/PU

So how will a conference champion be determined? No title game? Or do you have a 4 team mini-playoff? Do you go back to divisions and if so how many?

F2s5TCEXoAwdqp9

Reactions: BonzoFury
Will this ultimately lead to more parity in college football or will the sort of traditional top 10 remain mostly the same?

Welp, this stinks. I can't stand these "80 yard TD pass or nothing" teams. I didn't really mind USC and UCLA, but with addition of Washington and Oregon, does Iowa ever have a chance of winning the B1G again? I just honestly no idea what's going to happen in the future. I just feel like I'll be enjoying football a lot less.
Fear not. Similar feelings were expressed when PSU and Nebbie came aboard. Neither have come close to dominating this league. ATM and Mizzou haven't had much of an impact on the SEC either. These schools going to other leagues are going to have to make the biggest adjustment to the conference majority. Gone are the days of only needing to get up for a handful of games/year. Those Pac schools are going to get to play in the midwest/northeast in late Oct and Nov against schools that value defense and physical play. That will take an adjustment. The Huskers are still trying to get there. These stacked P2 leagues are going to be a gauntlet for everyone. I feel ND understands this and realizes they have an advantage in making their own schedule with a few blue-bloods and the rest vs very average programs.

The proposted TV deal did the PAC 12 in.

“Oregon told us they were out unless their (Apple) figures didn’t increase,” says a P12 school source

Oregon's move to the Big Ten might not be what USC bargained for, Pete Thamel reports

“...part of the allure of this move was that they (USC) can own the West coast. They can be the West coast destination. They can be the place that recruits want to go.”
So maybe USC Prez didn't get to vote yet since all joining in 2024?

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT