ADVERTISEMENT

Spring practice video. Cade is throwing/participating

0:36 Well, I guess that is why our lineman look they way they do in the game. Seems like an odd technique that has proven not to work too well the last 2-3 years vs 1st string D-linemen from any decent school.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
I want to be excited because every throw looked like obvious shotgun. Unfortunately I can't because I am sure Cade is on the statue stand in spot plan this spring

I predict an injury from him if the o line doesn't improve by a 1000%

tEEdq58.gif

In games it looks like this leads to them being off balanced and/or getting beat on the side of their body that has an arm hanging by their leg.
How is a simple day one of spring practice get-off drill on a combo block an odd technique?
Same thing with the habit of Cade patting the ball each time right before he throws. He did it last early season in practice and it wasn't corrected. Then, during the season, it was a factor on his delivery when the defense was in rushing him or losing the ball in the pocket game situations. From one clip of this "simple day one of spring practice" it looks like his habit could be another small issue that might not get cleaned up again this season in practice.

Same thing with the habit of Cade patting the ball each time right before he throws. He did it last early season in practice and it wasn't corrected. Then, during the season, it was a factor on his delivery when the defense was in rushing him or losing the ball in the pocket game situations. From one clip of this "simple day one of spring practice" it looks like his habit could be another small issue that might not get cleaned up again this season in practice.
Why would it not get cleaned up? You have a former record-setting QB who ran successful offenses now in as Iowa's OC and QB Coach. There are the details and mechanics (poor habits) that were ignored with the past OC/QB coach(es), but that doesn't mean it will necessarily continue.

It never seems to work that we pick our QB while he wears a red jersey and can not be touched

0:36 Well, I guess that is why our lineman look they way they do in the game. Seems like an odd technique that has proven not to work too well the last 2-3 years vs 1st string D-linemen from any decent school.
Double teaming is odd?

Double teaming is odd?
Um no. Blocking with one arm dangling to the side. The last couple of years, the same technique happens a lot in games. They get off balance or the d-lineman beats them to the off-hand side.

As someone with a sports knee, I predict a non contact knee injury and a mental block about not wanting it to happen again. Penix was the exception.

Reactions: oldhawk56
Go back to the Nebraska boards! I know the house is burning there and you all are whistling like its all fine.
I"m not in Nebraska nor have any ties their. Been a Hawk Fan for a long long time. First game ever attended was from winning tickets on WHO football contest against IL. Saw Ronnie Lester at the field house several times. I know about knee injuries than I wish I did due to a major injury in soccer. Carry on. You are stupid to believe Iowa's qb situation is better unless someone not predicted is the QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT