ADVERTISEMENT

St Augustine FL Vacation

beanerhawk

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2001
Going there in two weeks for a long weekend, almost a week actually Wednesday to Tuesday. Any restaurant recommendations? We like to do the sunset cruises also, there are some of those available but none that really stand out. Any input would be appreciated.

None of you Florida fu**s have any advice? That’s a first. I should have said I love or hate guns than I would have got a response.

Reactions: win4jj
I'm not from there and have never been there, but since no one else is helping, I'd suggest finding some good restaurants and perhaps finding fun or relaxing things to do.

Reactions: beanerhawk
I'm not from there and have never been there, but since no one else is helping, I'd suggest finding some good restaurants and perhaps finding fun or relaxing things to d
I'm not from there and have never been there, but since no one else is helping, I'd suggest finding some good restaurants and perhaps finding fun or relaxing things to do.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BC Hawk
My brother lives in St. Auggie and I live about 25 minutes away - my parents had a home there too I have gone there all my life. It’s one of my favorite places in Florida.
So many places to go. Of course do the tourist things because they’re some of the oldest buildings in the US. The Fort, the Mission, go inside the main building of Flagler College which is incredible. Former hotel built by Henry Flagler. Visit the town park right in the middle and peek inside the Cathedral. Hit the Lightner Museum.
Columbia Restaurant is very good.
The pizza/ice cream place on St. George St is out of this world too. O’Steens is just over the Bridge of Lions for fried shrimp.
Visit the lighthouse and Anastasia Beach with a great state park.
The Alligator Farm on A1A is just a fun place to take kids of all ages including grown ups.
Go over the Intracoastal bridge on A1A to Vilano Beach and head north to Cap’s on the Water overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway. Big favorite with locals. Vilano Beach itself is funky and authentic Old Florida. There’s a really good pizza place next door to the Publix at the foot of the bridge.
St. Augustine Beach is separate but also quirky and fun.
Explore along A1A and you won’t go wrong. Have a great time!

While you’re there be sure to get your **** Joe Biden and Kamala is a Hoe bumper stickers. Maybe a trump maga 2024 flag as well? So many good choices. Also, enjoy their lovely narrow streets designed to fit horse carriages and tens of pedestrians that now seem to fit thousands of overweight pedestrians and hoards of large American made pick up trucks with truck nuts.

Great food though. Harry’s Restaurant.

Last edited:
Viola's in crescent beach for pizza. If you're in a 4wd/awd vehicle you can drive on the beach and park and hang out all day.
Any restaurant in the old city/St George St area is going to be good.
The Raintree is a St Aug institution.
Black Molly on 312 is awesome for fresh fish.
There's really so many good restaurants there now.

Wife and I had a really good time, would go back. We stayed at the Casa Monica which was really nice and with in walking distance to everything down town we wanted to see.

Food - River and Fort, Catch 27, O.C. Whites, Casa Reina and the Fish Camp were some of our favorite places to eat.

Trolly tour was interesting, Fort was not all that exciting but some cool things to read about, sun set cruise on a schooner is always fun. Went up to Serenata beach and their beach club for a day, that was very nice. All in all a good time, thanks for the advice. csb/

Great to hear! My son’s in laws live at Serenata and it’s gorgeous. Vilano Beach/South Ponte Vedra is great. Casa Monica is in a great location and it sounds like y’all were there at just the right time of year.
Glad you had a good trip!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT