ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis Hawk's 11th Annual Win Free Masters Stuff Contest

St. Louis Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Okay kids. It's the best time of the year.

You should know the rules by now.

Rule #1 - Don't be a jerk.

Rule #2 - Pick four golfers who are playing in next week's Master's tournament that will earn the greatest amount of total official prize money.

Rule # 3 - You can only pick ONE of these OWGR Top 5 guys (even if this list changes this week, we are going with these 5).

Scottie Scheffler
Rory McIlroy
Jon Rahm
Patrick Cantlay
Cam Smith

Highest total prize money for your selected foursome wins.

I will give away Masters' swag to the winner. No entries or edits after the first player tees off next Thursday morning. One entry per person.

I can either ship said swag to you or send it to @RossWB or one of the other new Poobahs and they can send to you.

Last year @WisestIowan won going away IIRC

Post a Tiebreaker too: The tiebreaker is the person who picks the score closest to Zach Johnson's second round score. Can be higher or lower - closest to is all that matters.

Reminder: You can only pick one from these five: Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Patrick Cantlay, Cam Smith

You don't have to pick any from this group of 5, but the maximum from that group is 1 player.

M1 believer and part-time collie molester @JWolf74 is again sergeant-at-arms and makes all rulings.

Masters Field here: https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/invitees_2023.html

Masters odds here: https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/03/28/2023-masters-odds-every-player-augusta-national/

My foursome:

Homa
Spieth
Lowry
Finau

Tiebreaker: GIAOT's own Zach Johnson's Second Round Score: A smooth 72

Game on bitches. Game on.

Last edited:
Rory
Morikawa
Kitayama
Hatton

ZJ shoots 71 to make the cut. Can't wait to go to the Wednesday practice round! Bucket list item for sure.

Reactions: JustSayOV
Scheffler
Homa
Day
Hovland

Zach will shoot hockey sticks on day 2. 77

Last edited:
Tiger Woods
Vijay Singh
Phil Mickelson
Sergio Garcia

Tie breaker: 77

TVPS....tvps......tv...WSMG...77....7 7

giphy.gif

Don't follow golf except for this weekend because of this contest.

Rory McIlroy
Sungjae Im
Corey Conners
Jason Day

Zach 76

Last edited:
Scottie Scheffler
Rory McIlroy
Jon Rahm
Patrick Cantlay
Cam Smith

Not close to my picks yet, might be a couple of sleepers playing at the Valero this week

but reading through the restricted list, I am glad we get to watch Cam Smith play some golf. Well be interesting to see how he plays after playing in those 3-day muni members/guests the last few months

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
I'm banned cuz I talk so much shiz about golf right? Otherwise off the dome (this isn't going to go well):

Rory
Tiger
Zach Johnson
Jordan Spieth

(I copied Spieth from another poster actually).

Johnson shoots a 72 which I believe is par on his second round to comfortably make cut.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
1) Scheffler
2) Morikawa
3) Zalatoris
4) Tiger

Tie Breaker: ZJ with a 75 on Day 2.

Posted in another thread, but since the Masters thread has started will post again. This is an excellent breakdown of the changes to 13 and how it will be approached by Scottie

Reactions: TennNole17
Okay kids. It's the best time of the year.

You should know the rules by now.

Rule #1 - Don't be a jerk.

Rule #2 - Pick four golfers who are playing in next week's Master's tournament that will earn the greatest amount of total official prize money.

Rule # 3 - You can only pick ONE of these OWGR Top 5 guys (even if this list changes this week, we are going with these 5).

Scottie Scheffler
Rory McIlroy
Jon Rahm
Patrick Cantlay
Cam Smith

Highest total prize money for your selected foursome wins.

I will give away Masters' swag to the winner. No entries or edits after the first player tees off next Thursday morning. One entry per person.

I can either ship said swag to you or send it to @RossWB or one of the other new Poobahs and they can send to you.

Last year @WisestIowan won going away IIRC

Post a Tiebreaker too: The tiebreaker is the person who picks the score closest to Zach Johnson's second round score. Can be higher or lower - closest to is all that matters.

Reminder: You can only pick one from these five: Scottie Scheffler, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm, Patrick Cantlay, Cam Smith

You don't have to pick any from this group of 5, but the maximum from that group is 1 player.

M1 believer and part-time collie molester @JWolf74 is again sergeant-at-arms and makes all rulings.

My foursome:

Homa
Spieth
Lowry
Finau

Tiebreaker: GIAOT's own Zach Johnson's Second Round Score: A smooth 72

Game on bitches. Game on.

You remember correctly! That hat is awesome. I still wear it quite often. Thank you again!

Scottie Scheffler
Max Homa (side note I have $100 on him at +4200 to win it this year. Made the bet in February. LETS GO.)
Jordan Spieth
Justin Thomas

Tiebreaker: 75

Reactions: NoleinATL
Scheffler
Speith
Morikawa
Zalatoris

74 for ZJ

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT