ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley

Nov 11, 2016
Where do you guys rank him in terms of BIG QBs this season so far? I would say Top 3 for sure maybe #1 with Barrett being really bad and McSorley not playing great against their first tough opponent

Reactions: VicHawkeye
Where do you guys rank him in terms of BIG QBs this season so far? I would say Top 3 for sure maybe #1 with Barrett being really bad and McSorley not playing great against their first tough opponent
He's sitting 2nd nationally in TDs and 16th in pass efficiency. If he could have connected on a couple of those over throws, he may be top 10. It seems his yards per attempt is that stat keeping him out. I think it's hilarious that Nebby's ( over hyped) great QB is sitting a 93rd in efficiency. Wasn't Lee the reason so called experts gave the Bug-eaters favor over Iowa an it's unsettled (?) QB race. Stanley is better than Lee...period!

Omg. He had nice stats yesterday and almost cost us the game with his repeated overthrowing receivers. He'll be a decent QB, but let's not get delusional.

With what you've seen so far, you're saying he just going to be decent? Aside from some fumbles in game one and some over throws in game 2, he's been great! He'll fix those and become much better than just decent my friend!

With what you've seen so far, you're saying he just going to be decent? Aside from some fumbles in game one and some over throws in game 2, he's been great! He'll fix those and become much better than just decent my friend!

That's what I'm saying. He might be really good down the road. He really needs to work on the long ball, since that's key to opening up our run game. The receivers are getting open this year, but he missed them on 3 guaranteed TD's.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
He has started two games and was a big part of Iowa winning both of them.

We all know, or SHOULD know by now that Ferentz coached teams are capable of losing to anybody at any time.

So for now he's doing just fine in my opinion. We'll see what the future holds, but so far, so good. We could and have seen a lot worse.

Reactions: kceasthawk
He's sitting 2nd nationally in TDs and 16th in pass efficiency. If he could have connected on a couple of those over throws, he may be top 10. It seems his yards per attempt is that stat keeping him out. I think it's hilarious that Nebby's ( over hyped) great QB is sitting a 93rd in efficiency. Wasn't Lee the reason so called experts gave the Bug-eaters favor over Iowa an it's unsettled (?) QB race. Stanley is better than Lee...period!
I've ragged on Husker fans about Lee just because they were hyping him so much...even wondering if he would skip his senior season. He actually can make all the throws and has good arm strength. His decision making is suspect, throws into tight windows, doesn't handle pressure well. This is his third year starting, those things should be cleaned up. I too would take Stanley.

Reactions: deanhawk88
Very smart with the ball. Have enjoyed watching him so far. The blitzes will be coming. He does have good weapons. I dont think the Bears are ready to trade Mitch yet to get him early in the first round. I am actually curious how good Wiegers is if the competition was tight. Always a nice luxury to have two good QBs.

I'd bet he will end the season middle of the pack in the big ten as a QB. I think if he keeps developing he could be towards the top the next few years though, he has all the tools needed to be really good.

Reactions: Hawks_Rock_12
My eval says the stats are great, but the fumbles are not. He still looks a little robotic dropping back, to me. The results can't be disputed.

He won his opener. He won his first road game in a hostile environ.

I wouldn't bet the house on him, yet, but there are some things he's doing really well.

No long ball and he can't throw across his body to save his life.
His long ball w be fixed soon, and that will get better. Go back and watch the game winning throw, he will get it all figured out, soon. 6'5, 220, that arm, and those coaches. He will get it figured out, soon.

Reactions: ichawk24
Omg. He had nice stats yesterday and almost cost us the game with his repeated overthrowing receivers. He'll be a decent QB, but let's not get delusional.
LMAO, how did he almost cost us the game with his overthrows? There was only two series where Stanley had overthrows that didn't result in a td. One of them was our first deep ball to Fant in the 2nd qrt and the second was the one where Fant could have laid out and made a play on it.

Not many Hawkeyes QB's bring us back for a win like that. Weren't we down 10 in the fourth? I'd like some connections on those long throws but miss long if Yer gonna miss. Brad Banks lost in Ames in his second start...

Stanley was outstanding. The long pass is not that hard to develop. His touch in the red zone and hitting players in stride are skills he is better than our last two quarterbacks.

I think over throwing those 4 potential touchdown passes at this point is over rated and premature. It's way better than under throwing and getting intercepted. What I really like about Stanley is his ability (so far) to hit his short passes in stride. That's part of what sprung Wadley and gave him the edge to beat Lanning on his 46 yarder. I love what I've seen so far and I also don't underestimate the great job Coach O'Keefe is doing coaching up our young quarterback. Kirk knew exactly that O'Keefe would really help execution which in the end is more important than play calling. No matter the play called, ya gotta execute the play!

Go Hawks

Reactions: atkins 23
The cross body on the run in-completions were the only ones that concerned me the most. They looked like legit throws that were short, I don't think he dumping them to avoid the sack?

I do like that when he misses on the deep balls, he misses long. Gives our WR a chance to make a play, but doesn't make an INT a possibility. At least we don't have to hear "he doesn't have an NFL arm!"

He will get better.

Not many Hawkeyes QB's bring us back for a win like that. Weren't we down 10 in the fourth? I'd like some connections on those long throws but miss long if Yer gonna miss. Brad Banks lost in Ames in his second start...
Brad Banks lost in Iowa City, not Ames.

Reactions: curt26
Lets not forget....the TEAM brought us back.
Look at wadleys TD, that had little to do with nate....

He doesn't put up the same numbers w/o excellent help from his teammates

Lets not forget....the TEAM brought us back.
Look at wadleys TD, that had little to do with nate....

He doesn't put up the same numbers w/o excellent help from his teammates
Go back and watch what NS does before the throw. He looks downfield until the last second before he hits Wadley, in stride. His teammates were a great help but there were some things he did thanks to his coach. KOK is going to make thus kid our first coveted NFL QB since Long, and he will be much better than Chuck.

Go back and watch what NS does before the throw. He looks downfield until the last second before he hits Wadley, in stride. His teammates were a great help but there were some things he did thanks to his coach. KOK is going to make thus kid our first coveted NFL QB since Long, and he will be much better than Chuck.
I'm not saying nate did something wrong on the play, just that akrum was the one making people miss and picking up most the yards.
I'd love to rewatch it, but its not on BTN2Go! (&(#&@(%&#@(&(*

Reactions: papabeef
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT