ADVERTISEMENT

Star injured???

For as much shit as PK has taken this year, if Carter and Shane can't go or are limited severely in two weeks, a healthy PK can absolutely make the finals at 174. Yep, the guy who couldn't win 165 could be a 174 finalist.
Wouldn’t that be something? The same PK who certain posters said should drop to 157 for next year and if not will be riding the bench One of those “do it for the team or sit”.

Reactions: GracefromAbove
Wouldn’t that be something? The same PK who certain posters said should drop to 157 for next year and if not will be riding the bench One of those “do it for the team or sit”.
Might want to add that as part of the discussion was 174 is supposed to be reserved for Arnold next year?

Reactions: BGon4ND
I can’t wait to hear all about the adversity Carter had to fight through and how he persevered through so much to get his fourth.

This kid is a great wrestler but he’s insufferable to follow. It’s all about Carter, so he has to let the world know he’s upset. He’s not wrestling this weekend but still needs to keep the attention on himself and away from his teammates.

As I said yesterday, Carl made the right decision, per usual. Tom would have told him that’s he’s going to have to learn to wrestle with the injury and stuck him out there lol.

If Starocci was actually done they would have sent Barraclough out there this weekend. He will wrestle in 2 weeks and probably #ucking win too.
There is no way he won't go for his fourth. It wouldn't surprise me if he came back and got the unprecedented 5th.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub and BGon4ND
BWI locked their string on his injury. Guess Carl got to their mods:) Seems silly they can’t discuss their own wrestlers injury and his tweet on a message board.
There were a couple posters who didn't know when to quit speculating and bickering with each other like a couple stubborn adolescents. Mods warned them and soon afterward shut off the thread.

There were a couple posters who didn't know when to quit speculating and bickering with each other like a couple stubborn adolescents. Mods warned them and soon afterward shut off the thread.
Yet there is a 45 page thread about Ferrari in black and gold, which none actually are. I’m sure nothing has gone off the rails in that thread at all:/

So if I’m understanding correctly, Carter was so angry about not wrestling, he quit and returned to PA, but only after he stuck around another 4-5 hours to take a second MFF so he would remain eligible for NCAA’s. He’ll be in KC.
I don't think he "quit", it seems like he got upset and spazzed. IMO I think he was probably pushing to wrestle Cael said maybe, and like some maybes somehow become you said I could! In the kid's perspective. I had kids , we constantly drilled in them what language means lol.

I don't think he "quit", it seems like he got upset and spazzed. IMO I think he was probably pushing to wrestle Cael said maybe, and like some maybes somehow become you said I could! In the kid's perspective. I had kids , we constantly drilled in them what language means lol.
Were you still explaining to them in their 20s what maybe means? You’re right though, he was acting like a child.

Were you still explaining to them in their 20s what maybe means? You’re right though, he was acting like a child.
One of them , yes. The others learned rather early on. Some folk are more emotional. I'm more stoic about stuff like that and instilled it in my twins. My step daughter was a challenge but she had some undiagnosed mental health issues and she is doing well now.

I don't get why he left, I would hang with my people who came to see me. Now contrast that with how Messenbrink talked in his interview. He was pretty cerebral, talking about learning, not about winning etc. That's higher level thinking that some athletes never achieve.

Now contrast that with how Messenbrink talked in his interview. He was pretty cerebral, talking about learning, not about winning etc. That's higher level thinking that some athletes never achieve.

The "learning not winning" thing is bogus. It's psychological trickery to take the pressure off big matches. Many guys have said that recently. If I'm not mistaken Yianni always used to tout that.

The reality is they compete to win. They want to win. They care about winning, and especially care about winning big matches and big tournaments. They'll all be disappointed if they lose at NCAAs or the Olympic trials/Olympics.

Claiming that you don't care about results and only care about learning is deception and denial of reality. That said, it does seem to work for many guys by taking the pressure off. I just don't think it should be taken as a genuine statement of achieved nirvana but rather a window into how they mentally compartmentalize the challenges and stress of elite competition.

I'm very disappointed Carter didn't stick around, cheer on his teammates, celebrate a team championship with his team/coaches and the snide, wonderful, loyal fans of Nitwit Nation who pay his NIL salary. The Nitwits expect so more from college athletes, as evident in their comments about Spencer when it was rumored he'd left NCAA's early last year after his lifelong dreams lay in shambles.

A bit melodramatic but you get my point...;)

The "learning not winning" thing is bogus. It's psychological trickery to take the pressure off big matches. Many guys have said that recently. If I'm not mistaken Yianni always used to tout that.

The reality is they compete to win. They want to win. They care about winning, and especially care about winning big matches and big tournaments. They'll all be disappointed if they lose at NCAAs or the Olympic trials/Olympics.

Claiming that you don't care about results and only care about learning is deception and denial of reality. That said, it does seem to work for many guys by taking the pressure off. I just don't think it should be taken as a genuine statement of achieved nirvana but rather a window into how they mentally compartmentalize the challenges and stress of elite competition.
Damn, and I’m constantly criticized for thinking too much at home.

But regarding the general theme, I see it all the time here — mid year match strategy critiques all about athlete and coach decisions to win that particular match. Maybe there’s a message in what he’s saying, even if it’s not 100% true.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

It's not bogus, sports psychology is bigger than ever and handling the pressure isn't just some mind trick. When you accept that you bet better results this way rather than some go to war mentality it becomes more automatic.

It's another reason why Sanderson is the best. He is always trying to get better.

Surprised some college looking for a head man hasn’t contacted you yet. You seem to have all the answers. “Don’t thank God, only focus on winning and not learning, speak about atheism after big matches.”

You’d be a helluva motivator

Reactions: tigerhawk2015
Surprised some college looking for a head man hasn’t contacted you yet. You seem to have all the answers. “Don’t thank God, only focus on winning and not learning, speak about atheism after big matches.”

You’d be a helluva motivator

"We don't care about winning, only learning and having fun!! Praise jesus and god. Kumbaya!"

How's that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT