ADVERTISEMENT

Star injured???

Not taking any shots at Spencer at all . He was injured most of his career but his SR year he was actually healthy. He won multiple titles with bad knees as did Yianni. Many guys have competed and won with no ACLs. Many believe he should've been given a chance to qualify the weight at Pan ams and I don't. That's not taking shots it's my opinion. He will have a chance soon and is now 100% healthy.
I have to disagree with you here. Many have won with no ACLs? Nobody other than Spencer has won with no ACLs (that I'm aware of) and only Nolf and Yanni that I can recall anytime recently have won even 1 title missing one. The only year Spencer lost was with two functional ACLs ironically enough. Now on the other hand, many have competed with one bad ACL and almost all came up quite short. Not confronting you here, just saying winning while seriously injured is absolutely not common.

You spend a lot of time taking shots at Spencer.
No one is making “excuses” for Spencer but when a douche like you continues to take shots at him most here are going to stand up for him.
It's telling how he seems to be going out of his way to lessen Spencer's accomplishments. Acting like Hawkeye fans are the only ones that had concerns with Zane being the guy. Poll the country and see who the majority would go with. Zane may not make the top 10.
He wasn’t “actually healthy” last year & he's not at 100% now, but he’s definitely going in the right direction.
I think west2east source is probably the same person who gave him the incorrect weight certifications. He may want to back off a little on his "facts".

Yianni won an NCAA title with no ACL. Spencer had his fixed and had no tear in his ACL his SR year. Spencer was healthy and had no injuries. Not sure why people are acting like he was injured he wasn't. He definitely was during his career and in other years but his final year he wasn't injured. The man said excuses are for wussies so he definitely doesn't want others making them for him
Spencer was so healthy the only he could make weight, was by not eating. It was also obvious he didn’t have the gas tank he needed. Why? Because his knees wouldn’t allow him to get the right cardio workouts. Re-think your statement.
No, I am not making excuses for Spencer.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why he wasn’t in prime wrestling shape.

Yianni won an NCAA title with no ACL. Spencer had his fixed and had no tear in his ACL his SR year. Spencer was healthy and had no injuries. Not sure why people are acting like he was injured he wasn't. He definitely was during his career and in other years but his final year he wasn't injured. The man said excuses are for wussies so he definitely doesn't want others making them for him
You had to be on dope or blind to think he was 100% last year. Having his knees repaired and his knees being 100% recovered are not the same thing. Not to mention him being unable to train properly. Sure he was able to still win a lot but it was blatantly obvious he was lacking strength and maneuverability in his lower body.

Spencer was so healthy the only he could make weight, was by not eating. It was also obvious he didn’t have the gas tank he needed. Why? Because his knees wouldn’t allow him to get the right cardio workouts. Re-think your statement.
No, I am not making excuses for Spencer.
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why he wasn’t in prime wrestling shape.
You literally made 3 excuses for him and then said you’re not making excuses for him. 😂. Spencer had a great career but it’s time to move on.

Let’s hope he wrestles this year. I’d hate for folks to get strung along through B1G, up to the NCAA tournament & then see PSU MFF to start the event similar to 2017.

It would be sad to see some other hardworking athlete, deprived of a chance of a lifetime to wrestle in the NCAA tournament.

How many wrestlers does PSU lose next year? I get lost with covid years. Isn’t it somewhere around 3-4? TIA

How many wrestlers does PSU lose next year? I get lost with covid years. Isn’t it somewhere around 3-4? TIA
According to dicemen99's eligibility spreadsheet, Brooks & Truax (and backups Ball & Heard) are out of eligibility this year. Kerkvliet, Starocci, and Bartlett have the extra Covid year if they want it.

Reactions: TNHAWK79
How many wrestlers does PS have in their room? Men that are eligible to wrestle if needed? Is there any limits like football and basketball?
Why would you want to go there and know you’ll never wrestle but will be able to say they were on a National Championship team?
Football QB are smarter than that. They will sit one year and then go somewhere they can play!!!

Reactions: IRONBIRD
How many wrestlers does PS have in their room? Men that are eligible to wrestle if needed? Is there any limits like football and basketball?
Why would you want to go there and know you’ll never wrestle but will be able to say they were on a National Championship team?
Football QB are smarter than that. They will sit one year and then go somewhere they can play!!!

Penn State has been crowded in past years, with guys accepting backup roles when they could have possibly been All-Americans at other schools. However, the group that is coming is going to take it to another level. There just isn't room for all of them. That fact, plus the transfer portal and NIL money will change things. There will definitely be guys who are squeezed out of the lineup who transfer to other schools. It is a good problem to have, but, it is unavoidable.

Sure sounds like it, unless he's just screwing with everyone....which would be odd in this case.
Let the bidding begin…. Dresser will be first in line and I don’t think Cael will be interested in a bidding war.

Doesn’t have to. They don’t need him and he can get more elsewhere. Or, he could just want to be done with school and go off to the UFC. Or, he’s just not getting any attention or is f-ing off on Twitter.
Yeah.. That was my point. They’re LOADED.

Reactions: Bones Malone
For as much shit as PK has taken this year, if Carter and Shane can't go or are limited severely in two weeks, a healthy PK can absolutely make the finals at 174. Yep, the guy who couldn't win 165 could be a 174 finalist.
Without Carter and Griffith, you can make an argument Kennedy becomes a finalist favorite.

My guess is that he’s just screwing with everyone. That way when he wins it all he thinks it will make him appear superhuman. No way Carl let him go out there yesterday if he didn’t think he could wrestle in two weeks.
The ego makes me believe he will be out there, even if it’s in spite of Carl

Reactions: MilleGinja
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT