ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson

I dont know….with a deep bench of hets to trsin with…..telford cass and hill….how coupd he pass that up
He doesn’t need extremely high level guys to drill with to win another ncaa title. After college he may do like most good freestylers and join NLWC. Now if Cox comes, maybe he stays?

Reactions: el dub
Man you’re way out in a limb with this, several days after after a couple guys who usually know stuff posted the same. 😂
I’m hoping he’s trying to outdo the Ferrari fake out/psych committal announcement.

not in the cesspool Moran!

morans.jpg

I guess we’ll find out at 7 pm tonight.
Doesn't seem like the type of thing the pro wrestling org would sponsor if his answer us going back to college? The WWE thing has always felt like an odd choice to me though for GS. You'd think a gold medalist could make a healthy living being a otc athlete and potentially asst coach as well for one of the big programs?

Reactions: TarpHawk
Doesn't seem like the type of thing the pro wrestling org would sponsor if his answer us going back to college? The WWE thing has always felt like an odd choice to me though for GS. You'd think a gold medalist could make a healthy living being a otc athlete and potentially asst coach as well for one of the big programs?
He has bigger goals than that. The Rock, John Cena-level goals. He wants to be in movies, be a celebrity, on the stairs at the MET Gala, etc.

It would be a great thing for wrestling if he did achieve all of those goals.

He could, but not the millions a star in the WWE can make.

Reactions: vhsalum
Of course in 2023 legitimate wrestling fans are going to watch pro wrestling tonight to see what's up. I admit I will watch.

Kurt Angle doesn’t appear to be starving.

I finally found and sat through the 30 second commercial for NXT tonight with Gable hyping "The Decision" in LeBron James fashion. Where will he take his talents? It just screams "pro wrestling gimmick" and makes me think the Olympic or college return were just floated about to draw more viewership. The only way I can see this working in folk and/or freestyle's favor is if he makes the announcement that he's the greatest wrestler ever so will be attempting to do all three.

I finally found and sat through the 30 second commercial for NXT tonight with Gable hyping "The Decision" in LeBron James fashion. Where will he take his talents? It just screams "pro wrestling gimmick" and makes me think the Olympic or college return were just floated about to draw more viewership. The only way I can see this working in folk and/or freestyle's favor is if he makes the announcement that he's the greatest wrestler ever so will be attempting to do all three.
he can say whatever he wants...but agreeing to take part in a scripted stunt show does not improve his actual wrestling accomplishments.

he can say whatever he wants...but agreeing to take part in a scripted stunt show does not improve his actual wrestling accomplishments.
It doesn't. But what it DOES do (and let's you know the WWE is highly-invested in him) - is put WWE fans-eyeballs on Gable in college and the Olympics. He's literally growing the sport. Pretty impressive.

improve his accomplishments? if he is done with wrestling his accomplishments are not to shabby.

Reactions: el dub
While I understand promotion is everything in the WWE, I do not see any upside alienating/irritating the sports largest fan base that was and still is at the very least respectful of Gable's accomplishments. For primarily that reason, I think there is a very good chance he comes back to wrestle for Iowa. Yes, he will piss off the Gophers' fans, but really who cares?

While I understand promotion is everything in the WWE, I do not see any upside alienating/irritating the sports largest fan base that was and still is at the very least respectful of Gable's accomplishments. For primarily that reason, I think there is a very good chance he comes back to wrestle for Iowa. Yes, he will piss off the Gophers' fans, but really who cares?
Why don't you?

He's entertaining an offer, so he's not exactly doing it to be "alienating/irritating the sports largest fan base." He absolutely respects Hawk fans - but Gable is 100% about the show. He's smart enough to know that getting Hawk fans juiced about him joining the team is just more people talking about him. And we'll continue talking about him even if he doesn't come.

Why don't you?

He's entertaining an offer, so he's not exactly doing it to be "alienating/irritating the sports largest fan base." He absolutely respects Hawk fans - but Gable is 100% about the show. He's smart enough to know that getting Hawk fans juiced about him joining the team is just more people talking about him. And we'll continue talking about him even if he doesn't come.
Your second to last sentence is the reason why. You are saying that he is getting "Hawk fans juiced" about him possiby joining the team. So obviously if you are working to get someone excited and then let them down, what happens then? Maybe they get angry and disappointed. Why would you want to alientate anybody on purpose? People are talking about him because he may come back to Iowa wrestling, not about him with the WWE. He has very little foothold there yet. Once that is gone, the +/- of potential fans would be in the negative. The key words are potential fans. Not a real good business plan.

Your second to last sentence is the reason why. You are saying that he is getting "Hawk fans juiced" about him possiby joining the team. So obviously if you are working to get someone excited and then let them down, what happens then? Maybe they get angry and disappointed. Why would you want to alientate anybody on purpose? People are talking about him because he may come back to Iowa wrestling, not about him with the WWE. He has very little foothold there yet. Once that is gone, the +/- of potential fans would be in the negative. The key words are potential fans. Not a real good business plan.

If he doesn't come to Iowa, are you going to be anti-Gable? Will you suddenly not respond in ANY way to anything he does?

No. Whether your reaction is to be mad, sad or glad - you're going to have a reaction. And as far as anyone can tell, Gable has been pretty respectful about the Iowa offer - so we really wouldn't have anything to truly be mad at (unless he just says something wild in the announcement tonight).

It's a GREAT business plan, and any marketing exec would tell you the same. Stoke the flames of the biggest fanbase - joy or anger is no difference. We were all already talking about him coming back. Even prior to the "he might be coming to Iowa" subject. He's a damn Olympic gold medalist.

In short, he doesn't have to care about the Hawk fans. AT ALL. Love or hate, they won't affect what/how he does in the WWE. He's considering it, although I'm not sure how seriously, been super respectful about it and he may choose to stay at Minnesota. Nothing for anyone to be mad at.

If he doesn't come to Iowa, are you going to be anti-Gable? Will you suddenly not respond in ANY way to anything he does?

No. Whether your reaction is to be mad, sad or glad - you're going to have a reaction. And as far as anyone can tell, Gable has been pretty respectful about the Iowa offer - so we really wouldn't have anything to truly be mad at (unless he just says something wild in the announcement tonight).

It's a GREAT business plan, and any marketing exec would tell you the same. Stoke the flames of the biggest fanbase - joy or anger is no difference. We were all already talking about him coming back. Even prior to the "he might be coming to Iowa" subject. He's a damn Olympic gold medalist.

In short, he doesn't have to care about the Hawk fans. AT ALL. Love or hate, they won't affect what/how he does in the WWE. He's considering it, although I'm not sure how seriously, been super respectful about it and he may choose to stay at Minnesota. Nothing for anyone to be mad at.
How can you blanketly say "NO" to how anyone is going to respond? I don't really care because I don't give one F about the WWE. But you are implying that everyone is going to think and feel like you and that is just not the case.

We were talking about him before the rumors started about him coming to Iowa because he is a great wrestler. We are talking about him more now because he might actually come here. Most won't care about him at all if he chooses not to come here. Do you really think he will gain WWE fans from the Iowa fan base by teasing it? Just look at what happened to Gilman when he left here. Did all of his Iowa fans go with him? No - fans are emotional and you are silly to think that the reaction to Gable from Iowa fans will be any different. From other fan bases - maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT