ADVERTISEMENT

Steveson

What happened?
He said he’s staying WWE and wrestling that doofus he was in the ring with in his 1st big match I guess. The happiest person in college wrestling right now is kerk! Now let’s all enjoy the kendo stick woman’s match! That’s really why we tuned in😉

Reactions: xjohnx
I only watched 5 minutes and that was unbearable.
They must be convinced he has what it takes, because Brock Lesnar never had to toil in this minor league crap, he went straight to the real WWE, without the amateur resume Gable has. He had the size and look to be the perfect bad guy. I thought Gable was a better shot talker than Brock in college, especially his freshman year.

It truly makes me question his intelligence after watching that embarrassment.

I can't imagine anyone willingly choosing that over one more NCAA/ Olympic run wrestling in packed arenas full of screaming fans, ESPECIALLY if money isn't an issue.

Those "fans" were dead before and after his announcement.

Hopefully this thread can die now.

It truly makes me question his intelligence after watching that embarrassment.

I can't imagine anyone willingly choosing that over one more NCAA/ Olympic run wrestling in packed arenas full of screaming fans, ESPECIALLY if money isn't an issue.

Those "fans" were dead before and after his announcement.

Hopefully this thread can die now.
you question his intelligence? hes going into the entertainment biz. Hes gonna get rich

They must be convinced he has what it takes, because Brock Lesnar never had to toil in this minor league crap, he went straight to the real WWE, without the amateur resume Gable has. He had the size and look to be the perfect bad guy. I thought Gable was a better shot talker than Brock in college, especially his freshman year.
Not true. Brock trained and wrestled in Ohio Valley Wrestling for nearly two years, teaming with Shelton Benjamin before being called up to the main roster. OVW was the WWE developmental territory before they started their own training center and company (NXT) for the guys to work in. I have a friend who was working for them at the same time.

he has no hype at all in that arena. Nobody there cared one way or the other. The only people that cared now were Iowa fans and that was one sided.

Brocks hype had nothing to do with his college career. It's because he looked like an Angus bull and moved like a gazelle

Reactions: hlstone
Brock didn’t go straight to the big leagues he was in OVW for a while before he finally got called up. I remember seeing him wrestle in Omaha at RAW when it was a dark match. People were cheering him at the time due to his collegiate wrestling but was being pushed as a heel. Needed to sharpen his skills before he got a shot and it was worth it for him

Brock didn’t go straight to the big leagues he was in OVW for a while before he finally got called up. I remember seeing him wrestle in Omaha at RAW when it was a dark match. People were cheering him at the time due to his collegiate wrestling but was being pushed as a heel. Needed to sharpen his skills before he got a shot and it was worth it for him
Dark match?
even my crappy fishing trip was better than this shat.
What? Crappie not biting?

12 million a year worth it😛

Maybe at Grand View, but I don’t think D1 is going to be an option. Ever.
He will wrestle at worlds and the Olympics, bank on it. Should have known he was announcing he’s wrestling for university of Iowa in front of that crowd. They know what the Olympics are, especially the special ones, but I bet most of them have never seen an amateur match, even the other so called wrestlers.

I just don't see his professional career being anything remotely like Lesnar, or Kurt Angle, for that matter. He does have Big Bro trying pro rassling, but he's probably a bigger dud as a pro than he was in college.

I suspect he might eventually try MMA.

But the guy did get paid, so he's ahead of most of us in that regard.
This "controversy" turned into a big nothingburger.

Last edited:
I just don't see his professional career being anything remotely like Lesnar, or Kurt Angle, for that matter.

I suspect he might eventually try MMA.

But the guy did get paid, so he's ahead of most of us in that regard.
Agree, doesn’t seem as natural at it as I thought. Seems awkward and forcing it. Seems much more at ease and entertaining when he’s actually wrestling in front of real wrestling fans.

Can't wait to see what mgmt invents for his "go to" move...something where he does a backflip is my guess and punches a guy.

• Haha
Reactions: natchrlman
Brock was bigger and more agile than anything the WWE had ever promoted. He might be the biggest and most agile athlete ever promoted.

6'3 and 290 lbs with abs. He was unlike anything Vince or the promotion had ever seen. His college credentials meant jack shit in his push. He looked like he could destroy any opponent they matched him up against. And he proved he could in UFC.

Gable doesn't even look intimidating next to mid card guys.

Angle was hated when he started in WWE. He was hated because they promoted his legit AA / Olympic gold wrestling background. The fans hated him for that. He had the charisma and talent to use that to gain heat.

Nobody in that arena gives a shit about real wrestling.

Last edited:
He announced that?
With eye blinks in morris code.

blinking trailer park boys GIF

He said he’s staying WWE and wrestling that doofus he was in the ring with in his 1st big match I guess. The happiest person in college wrestling right now is kerk! Now let’s all enjoy the kendo stick woman’s match! That’s really why we tuned in😉
No the happiest man is Captain America himself, Wyatt Hendrickson. He needs to beat Kerk (and is the only person that can)

Reactions: Sandor45
No the happiest man is Captain America himself, Wyatt Hendrickson. He needs to beat Kerk (and is the only person that can)
I'm really looking forward to that rematch if it happens. Obviously hope Cass makes the finals and finds a way to beat likely one of these two. How about Cass beats Kerk in the dual and Big Tens, goes undefeated and gets the one seed. Great American Hero takes out Kerk in the semis, and in the finals Big Cass avenges his loss last year to Hero.

A long shot I know, but it's the off-season and these what-ifs are all I have right now.

Brock was bigger and more agile than anything the WWE had ever promoted. He might be the biggest and most agile athlete ever promoted.

6'3 and 290 lbs with abs. He was unlike anything Vince or the promotion had ever seen. His college credentials meant jack shit in his push. He looked like he could destroy any opponent they matched him up against. And he proved he could in UFC.

Gable doesn't even look intimidating next to mid card guys.

Angle was hated when he started in WWE. He was hated because they promoted his legit AA / Olympic gold wrestling background. The fans hated him for that. He had the charisma and talent to use that to gain heat.

Nobody in that arena gives a shit about real wrestling.
You are wrong, on that nobody gives a shit about real wrestling. People in the Midwest knew who Leanar was. It’s why so many were cheering while he was wrestling. Even though he was being pushed as a heel

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I enjoyed wrestling in the 70s and 80s but it fell off in the early 90s then seemed to get better. But you can only watch it so long.

I don’t see how people watch it these days, but some enjoy it lol.

You are wrong, on that nobody gives a shit about real wrestling. People in the Midwest knew who Leanar was. It’s why so many were cheering while he was wrestling. Even though he was being pushed as a heel
Correct , I don’t think wrestling fans get how little regular sports fans care about real wrestling. As great at PSU’s success is lately I hear few talk about it. Your average psu sports fans might watch the ncaa finals if they remember it’s on.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT