ADVERTISEMENT

Story on Kenny Arnold and his battle to live

Thanks for posting. I was 9 back in 1980 and Kenny Arnold will always be a hero. Hope his quality of life can improve and glad to see his old teammates helping.

I was at univ of Iowa when KA was there. He was one of the heros of that great team. I vividly see him on the court with his hand in a cast. That team was some kind of gutsy group. Lots of adversity and I swear if Ronnie does not go down we win it all.....of course I am a homer

Reactions: dekhawk and amahawk
Thanks Franisdaman. That was great stuff. Gotta get a T-shirt and I'm going to head over to US Bank in the morning to see if they're still handling contributions for Kenny. Seriously people, we owe that man. He gave us so much.

So, what is the address to order a Team mate for Life shirt? I can't find it. TIA

I was at univ of Iowa when KA was there. He was one of the heros of that great team. I vividly see him on the court with his hand in a cast. That team was some kind of gutsy group. Lots of adversity and I swear if Ronnie does not go down we win it all.....of course I am a homer
wasn't that Bobby Hansen who had the cast on his hand? I know he did one year

I had the same thing happen to me (passed out/non-epileptic seizure, followed by malignant brain tumor diagnosis) back in January but they were able to do an emergency surgery on me to get most of the tumor out. Then I did radiation and chemo together 5 days/nights a week for a month and still do chemo 5 nights a month. There's also I medical device I wear (have it on right now) that's supposed to help prevent any new tumor growth. I haven't had a CAT scan recently but the last two MRI's I had showed no signs of a tumor or cancer.

I'm a college basketball nerd/historian, so that's how I know about Kenny Arnold (was born a year after his senior season) but I didn't know that he had this happen to him back in 1985. If the medicine and treatment options back then were as vast as they are now, I'm sure he would be better off now than his road has been. It's sad to know that happened to him. However, I'm glad to know that he's still alive 31+ years after he was first diagnosed.

Reactions: Ree4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT