ADVERTISEMENT

Study shows executed inmates lungs filled with fluid before they died.

Why not just put them in an enclosed room and let the CO2 build up? That is literally like just falling asleep.

Or pipe in some CO fumes.

Those seem pretty "humane".
What not just add Zyklon B to your list to complete the ‘humane’ trifecta?

When-He-Gets-His-Statistics-Wrong.gif

Reactions: mstp1992
I’m fine with lethal injection and doubt there’s any discomfort. If a state has capital punishment it seems most humane.

When I was younger, I was a in favor of the death penalty; as I've aged, I have changed my opinion and am now opposed to it. However, it has zero to do with the issue of the convicted suffering a painful or uncomfortable death. My opposition is entirely based on the possibility of an innocent man/woman being put to death.
If guilt is certain, I'm not really opposed to the death penalty & don't really care that the guilty party is a bit uncomfortable as his sentence is carried out.

Here is part #2. There is a powerful segment from a man whose wife was murdered over 35 years ago, and the convicted killer is still on death row.
There is a nice firing squad mention for some of you.

How does that relate to what the US Constitution says? How do you think a painful execution impacts those who carry out the sentence? I’ve heard anecdotal stories of prison staff struggling with carrying out the death penalty. Some states make allowances, but for many staff members they must carry out orders despite personal beliefs. Or, despite negative prior experiences executing someone.
The more pain, the better.

Lethal injection was touted as a painless way to execute people. Almost like going to sleep. The truth may be that the condemned suffer great pain as the sentence Is carried out.
Why does the lungs filling with fluid mean the person suffered? That is why they are given high doses of sedation. If you ever saw what happens in surgery you would say it is not humane, but guess what. You wake up and are none the wiser when it's all over.

These people shouldn't feel a thing. This is fake news.

Why does the lungs filling with fluid mean the person suffered? That is why they are given high doses of sedation. If you ever saw what happens in surgery you would say it is not humane, but guess what. You wake up and are none the wiser when it's all over.

These people shouldn't feel a thing. This is fake news.
Perhaps you should listen to the audio, or read the transcript as to why this would be. It has actual doctors talking actual doctor type stuff, including anesthesiologists. They know about this stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT