ADVERTISEMENT

*****Summer Olympics Thread🏅*****

Peter Jok lit up Puerto Rico off the bench. 8 points and 3 rebounds at halftime. 3 of 4 shooting and draining both three pointers (of course). Sudanese coach had him out most all of the second half, to force the defense high. It worked as South Sudan were down by six at the half and won 90-79. Peter finished with 11 points and 6 rebounds.

Megan Gustafson and Spain down by 9 to China after 1 (NBC Sports App and Peacock). China shooting well and Spain is not. MONSTER block by Meg to end the quarter though.

Oh my! Spain down 3. Work the ball for a three pointer ... Rodriguez drills the 3 and is fouled. Then, she misses Free Throw and we have overtime!

• Wow
Reactions: MilleGinja
I was told the Chinese are good at math. Brain fart down the stretch it seems. Was really nice to see dominate Gustafson.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Only caught the last like 20 seconds of that game, but looking at box score. Brilliant game from Meg! And China had 23 turnovers!? Insane.

Also, rugby is dope.

We might have our own Charlotte Caslick. And because I’m a rule follower:

images

charlotte-caslick-cover-1.jpg

Apparently our rugby team is ass. Getting housed by Fiji at the moment.
I finally now just now opened the thread, so someone else probably pointed this out. Fiji is has won the last two gold medals in rugby and is undefeated (until losing in the gold medal game yesterday) since rugby was brought back to the Olympics.

The US 15s team is terrible, 7s is among the better teams in the world.

CSB: three of the guys on the team are former teammates of mine. Two of them scored, not sure about the third one.

I finally now just now opened the thread, so someone else probably pointed this out. Fiji is has won the last two gold medals in rugby and is undefeated (until losing in the gold medal game yesterday) since rugby was brought back to the Olympics.

Shiz, I look forward to having a beer with you at the Rugby World Cup in ‘32, when we’ve become powerhouses in rugby union.

• Love
Reactions: pink shizzle

CSB: three of the guys on the team are former teammates of mine. Two of them scored, not sure about the third one.

Ok. That is actually a legit CSB. Was wondering when you were going to chime in. The rugby has been quite entertaining.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Shiz, I look forward to having a beer with you at the Rugby World Cup in ‘32, when we’ve become powerhouses in rugby union.
Hey, crazy things happen. If the NFL didn't exist, the US would be stupid, stupid good (but that's an obvious statement).

I hope, selfishly, the World Cup will be on the west coast. I went to the 7s cup in Francisco in 2018 and it was so much fun.

Cheers!

Ok. That is actually a legit CSB. Was wondering when you were going to chime in. The rugby has been quite entertaining.
I really wanted to see Fiji get the medal over France but Dupont is just phenomenal.

One of the former teammate's brothers went to Paris to support/watch. I can't blame him but I'm a little sad since he's a great player and will miss next week when we go to Australia on a rugby trip.

I really wanted to see Fiji get the medal over France but Dupont is just phenomenal.

One of the former teammate's brothers went to Paris to support/watch. I can't blame him but I'm a little sad since he's a great player and will miss next week when we go to Australia on a rugby trip.

Wow man. That is pretty cool to have been able to play with that caliber of players. Good for you.

As far as Dupont. Geez. That guy was just silly. He literally changed the game when he stepped on the field. I admittedly was pulling for the home team simply because that crowd was really into it and electric.

PSA: @hawkeye54545 beach volleyball is back to bikini ball. Whew.

I've been wanting to watch some tennis on demand but when you go to the matches the title tells you who wins!!! Why in **** would they do that!?!? Dish network at my parents house and YouTube tv at home do the same thing. How fricken stupid is that!?!?

Wow man. That is pretty cool to have been able to play with that caliber of players. Good for you.

As far as Dupont. Geez. That guy was just silly. He literally changed the game when he stepped on the field. I admittedly was pulling for the home team simply because that crowd was really into it and electric.

PSA: @hawkeye54545 beach volleyball is back to bikini ball. Whew.
I got lucky with my teammates. The university I went to is top 10 D1 each year and the men's team is top two or three nationally each year (blew a halftime lead and got second this year).

And Dupont is a huge 15s guy that decided to skip Six Nations just to train and get a shot at making the 7s team and a hopeful medal.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT