ADVERTISEMENT

Summer work outs. Bigger, Stronger, Faster & Joe T assists

From the looks of things, Joe T. is fitting in really well in Fran's up-tempo offense. I love the way he pushes the ball in these clips. He's not afraid to make an aggressive entry pass, which is great--he catches Nunge perfectly in stride--but those could easily lead to turnovers if he's not careful. Garza almost got a hand on that bounce pass. The second assist, though, is the one I really like. He drives to the FT line and fakes a jumper that turns into a no-look pass to Kriener. He's creative and quick, and he uses those skills effectively to feed the post. I can't wait to see what he can do in a live game.

What you see with the bench is guys doing lower weight but doing lots of reps and very slowly. More time under tension in the muscle.

What you see with the bench is guys doing lower weight but doing lots of reps and very slowly. More time under tension in the muscle.

It would be nice if they could lift to add some bulk as they look like pansies putting up that light weight or at the very least don't film that weak crap.

Looking at the football videos compared to this is embarrassing.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
It would be nice if they could lift to add some bulk as they look like pansies putting up that light weight or at the very least don't film that weak crap.

Well since they play different sports I would hope it looks different. Nice troll job. Whatever issues Iowa had last year or shortcomings, strength really wasn't one of them.

I remember when Fran purposely had Basabe lose weight. Fran wants his players to be "lean". I think toward the end of the season the lack of muscle is what causes the fade at the end of the season. The players are just worn out.

Basabe purposefully put on a lot of weight between his freshman and sophomore years. And as a sophomore he wasn't nearly as effective. Took away his movement and explosion.

I'm all for guys getting strong, but the game isn't won by banging away in the paint today. Guys have to be able to move and defend people in close or away from the basket.

Basabe purposefully put on a lot of weight between his freshman and sophomore years. And as a sophomore he wasn't nearly as effective. Took away his movement and explosion.

I'm all for guys getting strong, but the game isn't won by banging away in the paint today. Guys have to be able to move and defend people in close or away from the basket.

And that is where you are dead wrong. The Fran fade is a direct result of getting outmuscled at the end of the season in the big ten.

Reactions: hawkfan1963
Big, quick, strong.

I'd like to see all 3. But what's probably more realistic with some of the body types is lean and strong pound for pound.

This is not a roster of guys with a lot of strength. Cook was the one guy last year counter to that mold.
They don't need to bulk up necessarily. But they do need to be stronger.

And that is where you are dead wrong. The Fran fade is a direct result of getting outmuscled at the end of the season in the big ten.

Okay, whatever. You do you. Fill your roster with a bunch of big guys who can't move, and see how many games you can win.

Well, considering they aren't football players, I have no problem with them not lifting like football players.

Coach - Hey Pat, Tristan did 4/435 on hang cleans...hit it

Pat - <rips arms off trying to hang clean 435>

Coach - Good try...go see the trainer

Lebron isn’t a skinny little goof
As another said, you cherry pick one of the best players on the planet, who is also in his 30s. And he didn't look anything like he does now when he came into the league.

Yes, you and your narrative is wholly false and moronic.

The Fran fade is a real thing though, there's no denying that

So trash >50% of the time?

Math and logic not your strong suit.

:rolleyes: Did you ask them?
He didn't but he also doesn't ask the water if it's wet.

I read at one time that Lebron and Carmelo were actually trying to lose muscle/weight one off season since the extra weight was hurting their games and their bodies. Lebron is actually much leaner than he could be.

Reactions: iahawks10
He didn't but he also doesn't ask the water if it's wet.

I read at one time that Lebron and Carmelo were actually trying to lose muscle/weight one off season since the extra weight was hurting their games and their bodies. Lebron is actually much leaner than he could be.

Why would he ask the water if it's wet? Water is an inanimate object

Let’s look at it year by year

2011 The entire year was terrible.
2012 No fade
2013 No fade
2014 Fade
2015 No Fade
2016 Fade
2017 No fade
2018 The entire year was terrible
2019. Fade

If you suck all year like 2018, that is still a fade in my book.
Fran has never seen a Saturday in BTT.

By your own definintion, he has faded or sucked 4 of the past 6 years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT