ADVERTISEMENT

Supposedly, there is a whale in this video

Illegal if in US waters...have to stay 100 yards from whales. Whales are mostly down south now though...this was probably in Mexico.

CSB time: I was salmon fishing two years ago in Monterey Bay near a group of bubble feeding humpbacks when I saw a big whale watching boat get way to close to a whale. With all the people on the bow taking pictures, the boat actually bumped the whale on its back. The whale then got pissed, turned on its side and with its tail sent a huge wall of water over the rail soaking everyone up on the bow. Crew scrambled, people were yelling, expensive cameras were ruined, and I had myself a nice little chuckle.

wood satisfying GIF

Reactions: noleclone2
Touching them is probably a violation of federal law.

Just sayin'...
Years ago, when we lived in San Diego, I had a buddy who owned a plane. He flew us down to the tip of Baja, and we did a couple whale watching excursions.

In the US, you’re sitting on a big ship hoping to see one within a half a mile. Down there we were in small wooden boats petting whales. The mother whales would actually push the baby up to the boat and let us babysit and then takeoff for 15 to 20 minutes and then come back and get them. It was pretty amazing.

Years ago, when we lived in San Diego, I had a buddy who owned a plane. He flew us down to the tip of Baja, and we did a couple whale watching excursions.

In the US, you’re sitting on a big ship hoping to see one within a half a mile. Down there we were in small wooden boats petting whales. The mother whales would actually push the baby up to the boat and let us babysit and then takeoff for 15 to 20 minutes and then come back and get them. It was pretty amazing.

That sounds amazing. It’s now on my bucket list when I hit retirement in a few years.

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT