ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court reverses CO

Live footage of Scruddy, H4aD and Ryan's merry band of illiterates.

fred-jones-humping.gif

The exact list you'd expect. Will they admit they were wrong, or is the Supreme Court just corrupt and wrong?

Guy who refuses to respond to questions calls others out for refusing to respond.

Now that is some funny funny shit.

OK, just had a chance to review.

Per curiam opinion, so no lead author. not uncommon where the court concurs in the result, but doesn't want to necessarily put a lot into one specific rationale. Sort of consistent with what I described above.

On the whole, the unanimous basis of the opinion is simply that states can't exclude candidates from a federal office ballot by invoking section 3, as it's inconsistent with the federalism scheme. The per curiam goes a little further and notes that one reason is because section 3 requires congressional enabling legislation under section 5.

The three liberals, joined separately by Barrett, argue that it was not necessary to get into the enabling legislation issue. I suspect their "real" underlying concern is that they don't want an opinion that could be cited in the future to the effect that other parts of the 14th amendment (eg, the due process and equal protection clauses) can only be enforced via congressional legislation (eg, 1983, 1988, etc.). Barrett's opinion sort of sounds like Rodney king saying "cant we all just get along?"

Note: This is sort of consistent with my earlier predictions to the effect that the presidency is simply different as a sole national elected office, though I suspected they'd take the "officer" route. Oone prediction that did come true was that the court made no comment on the question of insurrection, "officer," "oath", etc. other than to say we can't have the possibility of 50 different states applying 50 different standards or processes to federal office.
All of this is so. I would add the 3 liberal justices specifically mentioned they didn't want specific limits on future challenges.

Guy who refuses to respond to questions calls others out for refusing to respond.

Now that is some funny funny shit.
Did you have a question for me? I try and answer as many as I can but please understand that I am quite popular on here sometimes and do miss things on occasion depending on the number of notifications. Apologies if I upset you by inadvertently ignoring.

As much as I don't want Trump in 2024, I don't see how a court can argue he caused an insurrection and therefore is disqualified to be on the ballot if he wasn't given due process and found liable for it. Did Trump cause an insurrection, I certainly believe so, but it wasn't litigated in court. Had he been, this wouldn't have even been a case. States individually deciding to remove him from the ballot for an election to a federal office seems like it would create chaos and would be misused for political warfare.

While I guess the SCOTUS got this one right, I am hoping they don't somehow find that Trump has immunity, and the fact they took the case scares the hell out of me. Hopefully its just them trying to delay his trials, but in the end they rule against him and the trials proceed. SCOTUS is not the once respected high court, its been infected with politics that has taken over DC.

We’re at the point in this experiment when it’s acceptable to have 11% of the SCOTUS have a close family member attempt to overturn an election????

Jesus Christ, man.
I don't think they ever agreed with your premise even, and merely asked about the other 8 who you don't allege are compromised. Your fall back to Thomas allegedly being corrupt is nothing but cope. Thomas and his wife are totally legit btw.

As much as I don't want Trump in 2024, I don't see how a court can argue he caused an insurrection and therefore is disqualified to be on the ballot if he wasn't given due process and found liable for it. Did Trump cause an insurrection, I certainly believe so, but it wasn't litigated in court. Had he been, this wouldn't have even been a case. States individually deciding to remove him from the ballot for an election to a federal office seems like it would create chaos and would be misused for political warfare.

While I guess the SCOTUS got this one right, I am hoping they don't somehow find that Trump has immunity, and the fact they took the case scares the hell out of me. Hopefully its just them trying to delay his trials, but in the end they rule against him and the trials proceed. SCOTUS is not the once respected high court, its been infected with politics that has taken over DC.
Insurrection wasn't decided in this case.

Did you have a question for me? I try and answer as many as I can but please understand that I am quite popular on here sometimes and do miss things on occasion depending on the number of notifications. Apologies if I upset you by inadvertently ignoring.

LOL. Now that too is some funny shit.

You tucked tail and ran from questions in multiple threads last week.

Hey @dgordo - @Scruddy now claims he’s popular and missed the questions.

Reactions: dgordo
LOL. Now that too is some funny shit.

You tucked tail and ran from questions in multiple threads last week.

Hey @dgordo - @Scruddy now claims he’s popular and missed the questions.
Link me a question and I'll do my best to answer when I have time. I am glad that I made you laugh though, I'm sure your day is much brighter now thanks to me :)

Immunity should be an easy one because the doctrine is already well established that the president has immunity for official acts, but not absolute immunity.

Link me a question and I'll do my best to answer when I have time. I am glad that I made you laugh though, I'm sure your day is much brighter now thanks to me :)

Ahhh I got you to move your position from "it didn't happen" to "well, maybe it did happen but here's why it's ok and you're an idiot LOL".

I'll chalk this up as a win.

Biden loaned his brother 200k on January 12, 2018

bank records show biden loaned his brother money, why did you say there is no proof?

I just read the entire 200 plus page transcript and I didn’t see anywhere where hunter said Joe was the big guy. I see numerous times where other people referred to him as the big guy.

where did hunter say this?

Immunity should be an easy one because the doctrine is already well established that the president has immunity for official acts, but not absolute immunity.
I agree 100%, but then why did the SCOTUS take the case? Why not let the lower court ruling stand?

Reactions: sober_teacher
Please do not destroy my opinion of your intelligence which I have always thought was at a high level.
SCOTUS ruled unanimously and the individual states were on shaky ground from the start.
I don't care about the ruling. That's basic federalism. But allowing Trump to run is a huge mistake on other grounds. Wait and see.

• Haha
Reactions: NoWokeBloke

If the supreme court rules a president has immunity. Donald better be hiding. If I was Biden, I would order the hit the minute I heard the court ruling.

Reactions: ICHawk-I
@Scruddy

Was Biden in office in September 2017?

Was Biden a candidate for President in September 2017?

Can someone not in office leverage their office?

Can a person be impeached for conduct that occurred when he was not in office?

If someone makes a loan and is repaid, how have the been enriched?

What evidence do you have that the money was illegally received by the President’s brother?

Do most people involved in laundering money write checks?

Why did you cut and paste from articles on the check when you didn’t include the same articles’ explanation for the check and the finding that the money was not illegally earned nor did it represent Joe’s “share?”

Why didn’t you include the original loan from Joe because it’s hard to launder money when you have to pay out the money to be paid back to you.

Reactions: BelemNole
I don't care about the ruling. That's basic federalism. But allowing Trump to run is a huge mistake on other grounds. Wait and see.
What are those “other grounds”?
As I’ve repeatedly stated I’m not a Trump supporter but had those state ballot initiatives (attempts) not been overturned it would open wide the door for future election shenanigans that definitely would have “f’d this country”.

I agree 100%, but then why did the SCOTUS take the case? Why not let the lower court ruling stand?
I don't know. There hasn't been a decision on this issue since the Nixon administration. Maybe the idea is to try to have a definitive 9-0 decision on the scope of presidential immunity. Alternatively, the conservative justices may see it as an opportunity to define the scope of immunity, while, at the same time, telling the lower court in dicta that they don't see criminality in his actions on Jan. 6th

What are those “other grounds”?
As I’ve repeatedly stated I’m not a Trump supporter but had those state ballot initiatives (attempts) not been overturned it would open wide the door for future election shenanigans that definitely would have “f’d this country”.
Being a felon.

bank records show biden loaned his brother money, why did you say there is no proof?

where did hunter say this?
Oh, I already won that argument before, you're just mad that hunter finally admitted his dad was the big guy but it was OK bc he wasn't VP anymore when he got his check lmfao you're trying to derail this 9-0 ass whooping you just got from the Supreme Court. I'm not playing this nonsense game

Oh, I already won that argument before, you're just mad that hunter finally admitted his dad was the big guy but it was OK bc he wasn't VP anymore when he got his check lmfao you're trying to derail this 9-0 ass whooping you just got from the Supreme Court. I'm not playing this nonsense game
i have to say, it always amuses me when someone declares themself the victor in a message board argument...

I don't know. There hasn't been a decision on this issue since the Nixon administration. Maybe the idea is to try to have a definitive 9-0 decision on the scope of presidential immunity. Alternatively, the conservative justices may see it as an opportunity to define the scope of immunity, while, at the same time, telling the lower court in dicta that they don't see criminality in his actions on Jan. 6th
How about we accept the ruling as it stands and stop being all over the place with the whining?
Are Kagan, Sotomayor and Brown now idiots?

No they are not. 9-0 ruling on a blatant effort to cause disruption and damage to the credibility and respect for SCOTUS by less than savvy citizens.

How about we accept the ruling as it stands and stop being all over the place with the whining?
Are Kagan, Sotomayor and Brown now idiots?

No they are not. 9-0 ruling on a blatant effort to cause disruption and damage to the credibility and respect for SCOTUS by less than savvy citizens.
Our discussion concerned the impending decision on presidential immunity.

I believe the justices got the decision on the 14th amendment correct.

Bush v Gore was about a national election issue, as is the Colorado ballot issue. Trump's criminal immunity issue is about Trump.
Trump is arguing that as a former president he has total immunity, and them not hearing arguments until April virtually guarantees any trial won’t be heard until after the election. to say this isn’t a national election issue is incorrect, people will be voting in November for a guy with 91 criminal charges pending.

Reactions: BelemNole
Trump is arguing that as a former president he has total immunity, and them not hearing arguments until April virtually guarantees any trial won’t be heard until after the election. to say this isn’t a national election issue is incorrect, people will be voting in November for a guy with 91 criminal charges pending.
Not a fan of the Democratic process, teacher?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT