ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano to Rutgers?

Also heard from multiple sources that Nick and his dad aren't all too keen on the atmosphere and vibe in the PSU room... Or the way his injury was handled. Way too much smoke for no fire on this one.

Won't shock me in the least to see him leave Happy Valley... Where he ends up, if anywhere, I have zero clue, but Rutgers seems very plausible.

Just curious, what is wrong with the atmosphere and vibe in the PSU room?

Referring to the transfer rule not what happened with Micic.

I said "pretty sure" Suriano would have to sit if he transferred in Big Ten. While the Big Ten claims that transferring in conference is a no no, I also know of exceptions (Micic, and Jake Ruddock being among them). Get over it.

Reactions: anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
I can only assume, but maybe the Suriano family is more "militant" for lack of a better term... Or, more simply, maybe he doesn't like dodgeball?

I'm not going to get into speculating on the merits of the rumors, but from a distance, I would buy that Suriano's personality is not quite like that which was on display during the second half of the 2017 NCAA National Finals. No comment on its importance, though, as I have no idea.

I can only assume, but maybe the Suriano family is more "militant" for lack of a better term... Or, more simply, maybe he doesn't like dodgeball?
He probably doesn't like wrestling for a coach that throws like a girl. Terry would have at least knocked that official on his a$$ with that brick. Not to be sexist but Cael came out of that incident looking pretty feminine. He even struggled tossing the chair. He did do a great job styling the unicorns hair.

Makes a lot of sense as NJ has the best foot man in the medical community !

nyprexfeet.jpg

Not only that, RU has the Grease Trucks !

20140111-ru-hungry-truck-thumb-610x406-381627.jpg

PLUS, the Jersey Shore only 45 minutes away !

nj-guido.com+3-Freaks2-600x450.jpg

19399257_10209057116288602_7391862368956371205_n.jpg

Well done Abro. :D

Just curious, what is wrong with the atmosphere and vibe in the PSU room?

There's just too much f$#. The staff isn't coaching wrestling seriously enough. Plus who wouldn't want to leave a room with that many champions in it. Suriano must feel lost amongst all that talent. (I don't normally make posts like this but this thread is silly...)

There's just too much f$#. The staff isn't coaching wrestling seriously enough. Plus who wouldn't want to leave a room with that many champions in it. Suriano must feel lost amongst all that talent. (I don't normally make posts like this but this thread is silly...)

I could see him being disgruntled after his injury last year and possibly how it was handled. Just speculating though.

Reactions: ruready07
If you can see him being upset about how it was handled then you must know something of how it was handled.
What was done and what could have been done differently and better?

This board has multiple verbals and now championship threats looking to leave.

How many verbals have changed their minds and not joined the program? How many of the kids who are championship threats decided they could do better elsewhere and have left?

Here's one. Nolf was doing a clinic in Iowa this week. I heard he stopped by Tom's office to seek a transfer. Rumor fodder delivered. Feed away.

Reactions: dbldoofus
I heard Nolf might be transferring to Iowa, just what I heard.....
Nope - it's Joseph. Been rumored multiple times that he is transferring, the ship is finally coming into the dock. A bit po'd he didn't get the Terry treatment after taking down IMAR. Also, Manville will not be enrolling - well, despite the fact that he is already enrolled - looked at the room, decided there was not spot for him and is headed out and will receive a release and a special exemption.

On the recruiting front, rumors continue to swirl that Teasdale only changed his commitment at the behest of TNT (thus no interest in Renteria/Mejia returning) as they outgamed Cael - just wait till he's left with no Teasdale OR RBY! And Nick Lee's being released from his NLI as his attitude does not mesh in the room. In fact, Cael is allowing potential transfer visits to happen at State College, and pulled half his brother's scholarship money (I know, I know - too early, but you know PSU doesn't follow the rules anyway) to kind of give him the extra push.

It's all coming home to roost, was just a matter of time. The facade is becoming transparent. Just wait till the dirt about the GPAs and academic awards comes out too. Retherford's not all he's cracked up to be...

Nope - it's Joseph. Been rumored multiple times that he is transferring, the ship is finally coming into the dock. A bit po'd he didn't get the Terry treatment after taking down IMAR. Also, Manville will not be enrolling - well, despite the fact that he is already enrolled - looked at the room, decided there was not spot for him and is headed out and will receive a release and a special exemption.

On the recruiting front, rumors continue to swirl that Teasdale only changed his commitment at the behest of TNT (thus no interest in Renteria/Mejia returning) as they outgamed Cael - just wait till he's left with no Teasdale OR RBY! And Nick Lee's being released from his NLI as his attitude does not mesh in the room. In fact, Cael is allowing potential transfer visits to happen at State College, and pulled half his brother's scholarship money (I know, I know - too early, but you know PSU doesn't follow the rules anyway) to kind of give him the extra push.

It's all coming home to roost, was just a matter of time. The facade is becoming transparent. Just wait till the dirt about the GPAs and academic awards comes out too. Retherford's not all he's cracked up to be...
Favorite line...the Terry treament!

Dicemen99 -

I like what you did there! Mixed in some absurd comments with some that have very real traction! Well played, well played.

Dicemen99 -

I like what you did there! Mixed in some absurd comments with some that have very real traction! Well played, well played.
Glad you picked that up. The Joseph transfer has really picked up steam lately and has me worried.

I love how PSU fans now blame us for talking about this subject that Flo put out. Sorry but this would be huge news and you all must understand that. Don't blame and deflect on individuals speaking to a rumor that the number one wrestling site in this country brought up! Go to the source...

Maybe just maybe Nick realized that there isn't much more to gain under Cody Sanderson and Nico. So why not be closer to home if you maxed out that room and can do it on your own and with a more designated lightweight coach.

Lets be honest its Casey Cunningham that is the guru that just brought you titles from 149-184 , not Cody.

IMO Nick should transfer to Iowa, sit a year and get bigger and hit the starting lineup same time with Spencer, Warner and co.

I agree with Gobblin too. IMO Nick seems more Gilman/ Terry mentality than dodgeball and cool haircuts.

In other potentially bad news for the PSU faithfully, sounds like Wittlake has gone down with an injury while up 9-0 against team IL. No real news on the severity, but he hobbled off the mat and was unable to continue.

So if McKenna goes to tOSU and Suriano goes to Rutgers the team race could be very interesting. PSU posters!!!!!! I'm not claiming either of these things will happen, so don't run back to ur board and make crap up.

Maybe just maybe Nick realized that there isn't much more to gain under Cody Sanderson and Nico. So why not be closer to home if you maxed out that room and can do it on your own and with a more designated lightweight coach.

Lets be honest its Casey Cunningham that is the guru that just brought you titles from 149-184 , not Cody.

IMO Nick should transfer to Iowa, sit a year and get bigger and hit the starting lineup same time with Spencer, Warner and co.

I agree with Gobblin too. IMO Nick seems more Gilman/ Terry mentality than dodgeball and cool haircuts.
Nope. Cody handles the 125 through 157 weights. That means Nico, Zain, Molinaro, and Nolf are on his watch. Casey has DT, Ruth, Q, Joseph, Hall and Brown on his watch. A couple of these transitioned from Cody to Casey as they grew, like DT and Joseph.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
So if McKenna goes to tOSU and Suriano goes to Rutgers the team race could be very interesting. PSU posters!!!!!! I'm not claiming either of these things will happen, so don't run back to ur board and make crap up.
As far as I can tell, the only board running the Suriano story is this one.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
In other potentially bad news for the PSU faithfully, sounds like Wittlake has gone down with an injury while up 9-0 against team IL. No real news on the severity, but he hobbled off the mat and was unable to continue.
You mean a kid that may start three years from now hobbled off the mat in a freestyle tournament?

Reactions: dbldoofus
Who do you th
Nope. Cody handles the 125 through 157 weights. That means Nico, Zain, Molinaro, and Nolf are on his watch. Casey has DT, Ruth, Q, Joseph, Hall and Brown on his watch. A couple of these transitioned from Cody to Casey as they grew, like DT and Joseph.
Who do you think is giving Zain and Nolf bigger fits as a wrestling partner? Cody or Casey?

As much as I love Juergans, I would rather have Mark Perry rolling around with Kemmerer.

So a rumor of a PSU wrestler to Rutgers has a two page thread on HR (less than one page on the RU board) and HR wonders why PSU fans come over here...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT